The difference between Justin Lin and Zack Snyder

Justin Lin
youtube.com/watch?v=R70V5lBl0xs

>"What I wanted to do was really be respectful to the fans of Star Trek, because I know what it's like to be passionate about things. I didn't know much about cars at first going into Fast and Furious and likewise my memories of Star Trek are mostly from what I remember as a kid watching the original series, but either way I wanted to understand why people were really passionate about it and hopefully give the subject matter the respect deserves. Trek has been around for some 50 years and in the end, it's really about all these different characters coming together, having shared experiences and growing with them almost as a family."

Zack Snyder
youtube.com/watch?v=Naw1iOnIJzg

>"I wanted to do the same thing I did in Man of Steel in terms of tone, but with Superman fighting... like a darker hero. I want it to be my brand of "cinematic"... hero versus hero. Yeah. Batman is way more cinematic than Superman... and I mean, Batman stops criminals and that's therapeutic for his issues and all, but I wanted him to be more than that. Batman's destiny should really be to change the future of mankind."

Jesus fucking Christ.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dYV8y111GBI
rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_beyond/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Snyder is such a dolt.

Justin Lin is a retard too. He made Sulu gay despite George saying he was against it.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Snyder is making comic book adaptations, which is a medium that survived for so long because people create their own visions of characters. Star Trek is about bringing normies and trekkies together.

I'd be lying if I said Snyder's movies aren't my favorite capeshit, aside from Spider-man 1 and 2

Could have just said idiot and it would have made you seem less pretentious. Snyder atleast incorporates decent visuals into his work but Lin is the definition of pleb director.

Wasnt him, that was Simon Pegg's doing with the screenwriting.

Snyder is so fucking pretentious. If he weren't such a dumbass he might make something interesting.

Well, like said it wasn't exactly him who made the choice...unless he did and also I don't think George Takei knew anything about it before it was revealed.
This. Good taste in capeshit too.

All you have to do is listen to a single Zack Snyder commentary on any of his movies and there will be no doubt left in your mind that hes just a retarded superficial edgelord with no depth making movies for retarded superficial edgelords with no depth. His Watchmen commentary is the cringiest shit i've ever seen

When I was younger and had read the comic I wondered why in the movie they showed so much of the killer at the start destroying the whodunnit and why they had nite owl and silk Spectre kill the muggers in such brutal ways when Rorschach was supposed to be the one going too far by killing people.

Then I realised its cuz Snyder is a fucking idiot.

Except George Takei's reasoning for being against it is full blown fucking retarded "I just want to be offended" bullshit. Basically boils down to "Sulu wasn't gay in the original so its going against Gene's vision (as if there would have ever been a gay character on TV at that time) and "I think there should be an original gay character who's sexuality is important to the plot"

Did you actually read any of the articles about this? Pegg emailed Takei to get his thoughts on it before it got finalized and he made his opinion known then.

I get what he's saying but literally no one in the world cared about sulus sexuality before it was changed.

Whose ass did you pull that last bit from? And I feel like someone who worked with Roddenberry for decades would know his vision a little bit better than some fanboy who wasn't even alive when the original series aired.

No comics survive because its just the artist and writer's pay plus really cheap paper for 3.99 and they sell around 100,000 so of course they're going to continue to be made.

I know right! What a retard! They should make Kirk ravenous for big black cocks while they're at it. Maybe Kirk could proudly call himself Cuck. Gene would've done it if he could. If that old asshole Shitner has any issues will he can just die already like the dinosaur he is.

he said it shouldn't have been changed because it's not important to the plot and that if there was going to be a gay character it should be an original one, not a change to an existing character.

Yes, I understand that, where did you get the sexuality important to the plot part? He said literally nothing along those lines.

it was obviously done as an homage to Takei. I don't remember Shattner ever liking black dick.

Did anyone else pick up Jaylah as their new waifu?

I know I did.

I don't really have anything against Sulu being gay. It fits actually, but in all honesty I actually believe it fits because of what John Cho was saying about emasculating asian males.

>it was obviously done as an homage to Takei.
>"You're gay so your character is gay too, because that's all that we know about you! You thought that you were playing him straight, but he's actually gay, because you're such a bad actor that your gayness shone through!"
Wow, he should feel so honored.

>Jaylah
>Jaylaw
>J.law
>Jennifer Lawrence
Is the character just like us? Does she enjoy the Beastie Boys too?

Just got back they have one scene and they never adress it again. If your a normal person the scene is nonexistant.

youtube.com/watch?v=dYV8y111GBI

2:57

Oh. My bad then...

being an autist is a sign of a genius. you're just hating

>not liking things for specific reasons is "hating"
I think you might actually be retarded.

>The difference between Justin Lin and Zack Snyder

Both loves anorexic actress, m8

they're both awful desu, but there's nothing anyone can do about it except passing on their movies.

No, we can complain constantly on Sup Forums! If we do it enough times then Paramount and Warner Bros will surely fire them to appease us!

beats doing nothing on a Thursday night, I suppose.

>makes Superman say things like "nobody stays good in this world"
>"Batman's destiny should really be to change the future of mankind"

How can one person get two characters so inversely wrong?

Snyder is so far up his own ass

The feminization of Asian men in Hollywood

We should give all our future kino to the Chinese. It's clear they know best.

He's a an with his own creative vision who isn't afraid to take risks instead of just bending over and making "safe" fanboy pleasing flicks.

>Watching commentaries
girlslaughing.jpg

Still trying Marvelfag?

Youll never stop DC or Snyder. That rigged Rotten Tomatoes trick wont work again.

>Star Trek covers a single linear series/set of storylines
>comic book movie needs to simultaneously pay respect to 75 years of divergent comics and cartoons or else autists rage in a drunken stupor

So did you watch the commentary before or after watching Watchmen? Because if you saw the commentary after the movie which I presumed sucked for you then maybe it is you who are the superficial edgelord, no?
Either way, I now know who watches the Watchmen (and the commentaries) teehee

>Those shitty tattoos

Says a lot about the decisions made for Man of Steel and BvS that earned both of them shitty Rotten Tomatoes ratings

Why would anyone watch a commentary on a movie they hated? Are you an autist or something?

>comic book movie needs to simultaneously pay respect to 75 years of divergent comics and cartoons or else autists rage in a drunken stupor

Not to mention past movies, TV series, flash animation, animated series and animated movies, graphic novels and video games.

>flash animation, animated series and animated movies
The previous post already mentioned "cartoons".
>graphic novels
The previous post already mentioned "comics".

So you hate Zack Snyder but watch all of his commentaries on all of his movies? What is your problem? wew lad

Wow....are now trying to say that the retards behind the nuTrek respect the original Trek?
Holy fuck...you people are insane.

If Simon Pegg had never said anything, I would have just assumed that was Sulu's brother and niece

correct response here goiyims

on the plus side though, in the movie it wasn't made a big deal out of at all, there was not big reveal scene or anything, so it didn't come off as a shitty waay to include diversity for the sake of popularity or press or what have you. its literally just implied in a 3-4 second shot. Its not intrusive to the story and its not out of place. I don't agree with their decision to change that about the character but at least they did it in a good way.

They are setting up the storyline for the next movie that reveals a temporal paradox in Sulu's butthole. it's too deep for you

Snyder isn't doing anything differently from the comics. It's the execution and trying to do too much that hurt the film more than anything.

Snyder is a fucking idiot, more news at 11.

rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_beyond/

>"What's most notable about the new film is how closely it hews to Gene Roddenberry's original TV series, at least in spirit."

>"The combination of gravitas, a little mirth and old-school Trek themes makes Beyond a decently entertaining trip to the final frontier."

>"An enjoyably old-fashioned entry in the new series. Short on back story, long on action, loads of fun."

This. I'd rather they add a new character if they really wanted to do this but as it stands it isn't being shoved down anyone's throat except Sulu's.

>comic book adaptations, which is a medium that survived for so long because people create their own visions of characters.

Maybe but that's because they are cheap to make and if the fans don't like a particular run they just wait for the next one. You obviously can't do that with movies. Besides, he fucked up big time. He made Superman a "dark hero." Superman is not Batman. The fact that he's almost the exact opposite of Batman is what makes their dynamic so great. He wanted to make two dark heroes because he's a hack and he doesn't know how to make anything other than that.

Justin Lin looks like a chinese version of Ricky Gervais