you'll never walk into Suncoast again

;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sHO6ofaJ9fg
youtube.com/watch?v=MWGOm0Mduo8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

but where will I buy my Anime VHS's

I relate to this

What the hell,walking dead and hunger games? Damn I could've sworn this was gone much longer than that.

Suncoast had the best movie merchandise.
Not even Hot Topic had what they were selling.
You can only get things like that online now, but it was amazing to see it all in person.

I remember they always had really kickass big collectors edition dvd sets that you could only find online. They were overpriced but back then I was too dumb to care. They also had the absolute best horror section of any media store.

The Portland Mall has one

They still have FYI at some malls which is basically the same thing.

I bought my first copy of Akira on VHS from here

*meant FYE which is still the only store besides wal-mart and best buy that sells DVD and blu-rays.

that picture looks like it's from the 90s or even 80s but when you click on it you see the hunger games.

That just feels odd to me...

My first thought as well, I honestly didn't know it lasted that long.

Never heard of it.

good that store fucking sucked and everything was over priced and i never understood why my friend always wanted to go in there. probably on account of all of that nightmare before christmas merch.

>Kat gets taken down
>media Jews want us to buy things
>take away good stores like this
>can only buy shit on amazon where you have to use a credit card and hope some hacker doesn't steal your ID

Yeah...good job kykes.

Good. Fucking price gauging niggershits

Fuck you OP....

or being forced to use shitty streaming services like netflix that remove content from their site or forced to pay a shit ton for HBO.

Suncoast was fucking amazing

>mfw my parents would give me money and Id buy 2 episode VHS tapes of Evangelion and other 90s Anime Kino

Nothing will ever replace that feel

wait a minute i just realized thats a relatively recent picture of one. thats the god damn president madagascar of fucking suncoasts.

Everything was overpriced, but fuck me running if it wasn't the coolest store in the mall. ;_;

Holy fuck I completely forgot about Suncoast...It was up there with KBToys and the Warner Bros stores as my favorite shops in the mall as a kid.

I used to like their black and white movie posters hung up on the wall

haha damn I remember before mine closed there was literally an entire wall of Nightmare Before Christmas shit. Mallgoths were the lifeblood of this store.

>Warner Bros stores

Holy shit, how did I forget this.

Malls in the 90s were fucking amazing.

Recently I was watching Rurouni Kenshin on Netflix and while I was watching it I was having flashbacks to being in Suncoast and looking in the anime section. I never bought any Rurouni Kenshin anime there though so I don't know why it kept making think back on Suncoast. I remember buying episodes of Outlaw Star on VHS there back in the day.

are you me?

The mall by me still has a Suncoast and a FYE. They're both severely overpriced.

Holy damn, I didn't think anyone would remember. I remember my parents would take me there to buy Batman Forever action figures.

Do you glorious bastards remember the Gremlins statues that were up in the rafters? And the damn looney tunes space ship crap, and the touch screen paint stations. It was great.

We have one here in Omaha, nice place but I had no idea they were diminishing or something

i still have some of the loony tune mugs from the store.

There is one at my local mall.

>Dat recent Hunger Games poster

Our 90s SunCoast Video shut down for good around 2005.

It's been 12 years since I haven't stepped into one. Their prices were kinda ass rappy but I like the movie merch and every now and than I would buy a VHS / DVD copy of my favorite films.

I remember how the small dvd section slowly became a full wall. That wall grew into two walls. Before very long half the store was divided. Half was VHS and the other half was DVD. I knew it was over for VHS when the DVDs started talking up more than half the store.

I don't think the one I went to had the gremlins statue but I remember the space ship and the paint stations. My parents used to let me screw around with that while they were shopping in there.

I think the Warner Bros store at my mall was a massive one compared to most, cause they had all kinds of stuff hanging up around the ceiling. Gremlins were always fun to spot out.

>You can only get things like that online now, but it was amazing to see it all in person.
This so fucking much. This is the main reason I miss it so much.

>They also had the absolute best horror section of any media store.
Got Child's Play 2 and 3 on VHS there. Each VHS tape was $19.99 plus tax

They also sold what they called "Duds" for less. For example I bought Leprechaun 3 for only $9.99 but it was recorded on SLP which made the picture quality suck more than a shitty 2007 youtube video.

Little shop of horror on VHS cost me $14.99.

Killer Klowns From Outer space on DVD cost me $17.99

Their Disney stuff was pricey as hell. I remember when Disney films were put back in the Disney Vault they would jack up the prices.
Right before the Lion King was released on DVD for the very first time they were actually trying to sell a VHS mid 90s copy for $200 at my local Suncoast.

I payed $50 for a bare bones 1999 dvd copy of The Little Mermaid there which was totally worth it since Disney didn't release the 2 disc Platinum edition until 2006.

We actually had two FYE stores at my mall. One of them shut down around 2003, but the other one is still up and running.

The used to mostly sell CDs there but now they sell way more movie merch and dvds.

Got this at Suncoast circa 2003.

Still my favorite animu DVD

>all of that nightmare before christmas merch.
I still have a few of those Nightmare before Christmas dolls in their boxes from that store. I never could get Jack or sally tho.

>the touch screen paint stations.
I used to paint the Flintstones there all the time. I still have a few photos of me next to the big Statues they had there.

Anyone else get the whole set from McDonalds?

>mfw as a kid my parents took me toy shopping at FAO Shwarz

>ywn get your dad to drive you to the closest Suncoast, so you can get the latest Tenchi, Evangelion, and Dragon Ball Z tapes again.

>you will never spend $25 on a dvd you could get for $5 at Walmart, again

That store was amazing. I remember the nickelodeon section.

Fuck, I was just talking to myself about those plates today. They were $1.99 each so I didn't get any of them.

I did on the other hand get every single Hercules McDonalds Happy meal toy. I still have them all in a box.

youtube.com/watch?v=sHO6ofaJ9fg

youtube.com/watch?v=MWGOm0Mduo8

These still exist right? I have good memories of going there as a kid around the holidays.

I dont know. All I remember was that it was the Patrician's choice Toy Store.

>I use to get Godzilla movies and posters there

JUST

Everything there was way too expensive. It was cool to look around at all the stuff, but fuck spending any money there.

I mostly got black and white horror and scifi movies which were dirty cheap comparatively to newer stuff.

Did suncoast get bought by FYE or something or did it just dissolve completely?

I got the herc and phil ones, but both got fucked because I kept forgetting you can't microwave on them. Both times it was a corndog.

I had Pegasus and amazingly didn't turn into a brony.

Fuck yeah I wish this overpriced store still existed! Oh wait...

Only if you live in flyover land

Why? You're an old fucker. You're not in high school anymore fag.

Someone stole your info on amazon? How much of an idiot are you?

hmv?

>2 episodes in a single purchase

Even as a kid I knew what a ripoff that was.

That was the shittiest fuckin store

I used to buy blank VHS tapes there so I could record movies and shows when I was like 7 years old.

>post after post admitting they're overpriced and yet claiming DEY WERE TEH AMAYZING

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

nigga, walking dead and hunger games started like 15 years ago

So much this. I used to scrape together my money and buy a VHS tape of Neon Genesis Evangelion once every two weeks. Two episodes for $30 what a steal.
I later bought the whole boxset of Escaflowne from there too. Good times.

>the good old days
>hey wait a second
>"and Blu Ray"
>hungry goys
>wanking dad

Wat

all these nostalgia faggots forgetting that every movie cost like $25 and they only had a selection of 50 movies

thank you, Jeff Bezos

I remember paying some ungodly amount of money for the complete Lain VHSs.

Was pretty intense shit for my young self.

Pretty much my only real memory of a Suncoast other than being told to leave by the manager because I was not really into Bruce Campbell movies.

Are they going out of business? There's still one at my mall.

it still hurts

It's fun to go into FYE and watch the people that still buy CDs. I always judge them for their pleb taste.

never heard of it

RIP

I remember those statues, used to
make up any excuse to go in there. That spaceship play area thing was the the greatest. I always wanted tommess around in it. Those were the days lads.

I can still feel the salt from the free popcorn burning my lips.

>"Wait a second... $30 for Slayers dubbed... and $35 for subbed!?"

My local mall has one and I've been there several times.

>being told to leave by the manager because I was not really into Bruce Campbell movies

>not really into Bruce Campbell movies
>told to leave

Be honest, you smeared your own feces across a laminated life-sized cutout of Bruce and tried to act cool about it.

which one of JJL's vag flaps sticks out more? There's no way she's symmetrical.

No i was just talkin to the guy and somewhere army of darkness came up in the conversation and i just said i wasn't that big of a Bruce Campbell fan. Not knocking it or anything just wasn't that big of a fan. He just looked at me and was like "Leave. I'm serious, get out!"

True Story.

This. Campbell-leave guy is memeing.

I don't believe you. If this actually happened that dude was autistic and I can't figure out how someone like that could become a manager.

>doesn't have protection

So what if it was overpriced. Download speeds were terrible back then. You seriously couldn't find the foreign and horror stuff at other stores. Mfw I watched unrated Takeshi Miike DVDs for the first time.

It was years ago though.
It happened tho. I remember thinking this guy is a cunt. Oh well.