Does Sup Forums recommend this ?

Does Sup Forums recommend this ?

I rarely see it mentioned here, the times i stumbled upon it on tv it looked cheap and cringy, i also hated the black guy the second i saw him. But i am willing to give it a try since it has generally positive reviews.

So tell me about SG1. Is it worth my precious time?

Yes, shit is cash

>i also hated the black guy the second i saw him
I recommend you fuck yourself.

I've seen up to season 3 I think, and some episodes here and there on TV.

I really like it. Would recommend if you're into scifi shit

might seem cheesy if you go back to it and rewatch from the beginning, its pretty camp

otherwise its my favorite show, and teal'c is awesome, all the characters are really

It's lame repetitive cliche schlock but it has an undeniable charm to it.

This is so fucking strange, I don't know if I'm the only one this is happening to, but I keep relying to threads, submit after captcha, and then I f5 the thread and my post is no where to be seen.

Anyways, yes OP, give it a shot. SG-1 is probably one of my all-time favorite shows. It's campy, but it can also have good drama. It's fun and the characters really grow on you as the show progresses.

The Goa'uld plot is definitely the best part of the show, and it declines in quality in the later seasons, but it's still good and watchable.

Give it a shot, it starts off pretty slow and mediocre in the first season though, especially the first episode after the pilot which is considered to be the worst in the entire series. After that though it picks up and just gets better and better.

Just finished Farscape

What should I watch next, Babylon 5 or Space Above and Beyond?

Babylon 5 fits much more with a show like Farscape than Space. Besides, Space only had one season, and it was decent but nothing spectacular. Babylon has dated quite a bit but it's still worth watching.

Watch it solely for Ba'al

it's very consistent in its averageness but sorta comfy if you like the characters

comfy late 90's Sci-Fi serial.

It's contrived, formulaic and cliche, but I'll be damned if it's not one of my favorite shows.

It certainly grows on you, and it's undeniably comfy to watch. The slightly naf episodes usually get carried by RDA. It's got a neat military/sci-fi aesthetic.

Worth a watch.

Mandatory wackopost

Shit is so fucking great. I love SG1. Been watching it, just started season 2.

This guy gets it

Also, fuck you op, tealc is pretty baller

>that episode where he tells Mitchell he's going to watch Old School

Very campy but it know when to be serious (without taking itself seriously) and when to be totally tongue in cheek.

Definitely worth your time as a sci-fi fan

I still miss it you guys.

REMOVE FALSE GODS

I'm watching it right now, why aren't you?

tau'ri get off my ha'tak

jaffa KREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Atlantis is on netflix
>SG1 isnt

What fucking insanity is this?!

>, i also hated the black guy the second i saw him
Interesting. As a child I sort of just accepted there's a black guy in it and thought nothing of it.
But I know if I started watching it as an adult, I'd say "oh that's just the token black guy. yeah of course they made the black guys the evil guys, figures. "

Amerifats don't get any Stargate on Netflix.

Not even Universe.

Holy shit I feel for you America.

as in bocci?

>ut I know if I started watching it as an adult, I'd say "oh that's just the token black guy. yeah of course they made the black guys the evil guys, figures. "

You talk like a child.

You're just a hater, fuck off

it's super comfy, loads of humor too. I'm in s4 lf my rewatching

It's okay I downloaded every series years ago.

Its a very consistent show, you always get what you want out of it. My only criticisms are that there a number interpersonal issues between some of the charactersand story arcs that are never really resolved and the show doesn't have much of an ending, it sorta fizzles out and goes no where. I know it was meant to flow into Atlantis but its still a disappointing ensinguto such an epic scifi.

Nor do us bongs. Apart from the movies.

Stargate is fucking based. Watch all of it, the bad only makes the good better

>hating Teal'c

>chevron 7 is... encoded
This is a 11/10 episode.

If you like sci-fi, then you would have watched it already. If you don't like sci-fi, then why would you want to fucking watch it. OP is a faggot.

My favorite show by far.
I meet John Sheppard once and asked him if he thinks there will be any more stargates
He said no, I told him never to say never ;_;

you know that Roland Emmerich is rebooting the movie right

>it's a the writers of post-s3 SGA shove in new kewl/cute characters left and right and make shit up as they go along episode

>teal´c stays behind so rest of the team can go back in time
>happy AF that they can go out on adventures again
this was the broest move i´ve ever seen

>I rarely see it mentioned here
Seriously, Jaffa?