>you will NEVER, EVER, EVER get to work in the film industry
>you will NEVER get to put your ideas on the screen
>you will NEVER know celebrities in Hollywood
>you will NEVER get to go to those parties they have after filming
>you will NEVER drive to the studio to work every day
>you will NEVER get to take advantage of young starlets
>you will NEVER be a producer

How do I cope with this

Just get a camera and make it yourself. I'm shooting a movie in 2 months and I'm a fat NEET.

is whole move taking place in your moms basement?

bumy

become rich entrepreneur and then do it

Marry a Jewess so at least your progeny will have the opportunity to live out your dreams.

not true

It really isn't that hard to do OP

Brah, Hollywood as we knew it is basically over.

The money and the power moved north to Silicon Valley.

It's more than hard. It's basically impossible. Lottery-tier odds.

implying im not tarantino looking for help for my new movie

do you guys think we need more qt feet in the movie industry?

What's so hard about just renting a camera and filming whatever you wrote? Spec market is dead, the only way to be a filmmaker now is to literally just be one no matter how far from Hollywood you are.

Oh you can make a movie. Making a living doing this it though is lottery-tier odds.

hmm better not even try then

mate movies are on the upswing. we were in a lul from 2005 - present but things are going to get better for the movie industry.

Enjoy waking up when you're 30 broke and totally fucked.

I'm glad I don't work in the film industry. Made a short film with a couple of people a few months ago. While I'm really proud of the end result, I never want to do that again. Shit is hard, man.

You're insane.

Did things get better for the music industry?

>rich auntie who I never liked recently died
>nice fat inheritance for the only nephew
>mfw going to fund my own film productions

Just because your a poor wannabe user doesn't mean the rest of us are

She better have been a really really rich aunt.

It's fun to dream huh user?

>Film festivals are now the gate keepers for indie filmmakers

Literally the worst idea possible.

>no one here works for a studio
>mfw

i will

Deal with it

Yeah, there are lots of things you won't ever do. Like being happy.

>tfw you don't check your emails for 2 weeks b/c unemployed and you find that the national film funding body emailed you asking if you want to be put in a professional database of every film professional in the country.
>Do I reply... it's been 2 weeks... is that... oh jeez.

>it's an OP tries to put everyone down episode

I honestly don't even want any of that.

I just want to make small personal projects.

This. Anyone can put their ideas on the screen and be a producer.

OK so say you make a film self financed how do you get it in theatres or get it money from it

>you will NEVER, EVER, EVER get to work in the film industry
Thank fucking god, I really don't need whiny hollywood liberals telling me how long it takes to film when they're getting payed million of dollars

What are you on about? I'm barely out of sixth form and I'm already working in a production company, with my own creative input.

Just make your own shit and put it on the Internet, turn it into a showreel and shove it in everyone's face. It honestly gets you hired quickly provided it isn't total shit

>How do I cope with this

you could try growing up

literally fuck off wage cuck. you have a kid don't you ?

I'd much rather be one of those execs that really don't have to do anything but greenlight a few scripts every couple of months

You'd get paid out the wazoo and have to do nothing all day

>wage cuck

since when is earning money an insult?

You're the worst kind of person.

Who cares, not like I have any amazing ideas for movies anyways, I'm just here to whine about Sup Forums anytime anyone says nigger.

>tfw I have the connections and money to get in the film business but I'm so soft spoken I can't yell or be assertive to save my life
>tfw want to become a director
give me a reason to live

N9

I'm already working in insudtry as an actor for five years. The problem is i'm russian and working in russian film industry (which sucks).

Unless you're doing something that's meaningful to you and/or can't be done unless you're an "employee", you should always aim to found your own company or becoming self-employed.

Even if it's a nice job, it's just a sub-optimal solution to your need for money. Everyone should strive to live a life they enjoy and can be proud of. Slaving away most of your days is nothing to be proud of. At all. Sure, it's better than being a NEET, but so is almost any productive use of your time and energy.

>you will NEVER be a sniveling little jew working in hollywood

feels pretty baka senpai desu

You're an idiot. Hollywood has convinced you that working here is some kind of dream, because Hollywood's business is getting people to believe lies.

You're not a filmmaker, you're just a person that's become infatuated with the GLAMOR. But that's no more reality than your Vietnamese lithograph waifu.

Fraud. That's literally it. Say you get people behind your idea and they produce your movie. You need funding from them to, for example, feed and accommodate your movie crew and actors or some other reason to ask for funding. You just give them a price that's higher than needed and keep the rest of it.

you have to be a jew tho so theres that

Wow my reading comprehension is bullshit, you can't get shit from self-financing, unless you get sponsors or win meaningless "movie festivals" or other competitions.

I've been thinking in uploading my material on Youtube, is that a bad idea?

>wants to make movies
>doesn't realize he's in the age of cheap electronics and free distribution via the internet
If you want to make content, you literally just have to wake up and do it.

Sounds like you want be in on the jew party, not a filmmaker

I upload my shit to vimeo.
it werks just fine

Link? I'd like to see your stuff.

how do i make money
how do i get noticed

How many views do you usually get?

Have you received any interesting offers from this?

Have you monetized your work or something like that?

Can't really hurt. It's good to put your stuff out there if you want to.

Take your pants off and run around downtown

>tfw you're just in time to witness the fall of hollywood
>tfw soon it won't just be remakes, sequels and capeshit
>tfw soon anyone can make whatever movie they want and it can be seen by anyone
>tfw it will be the 80's all over again

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

>tfw it will be the 80's all over again
The only difference is no one will pay to see your original works in theaters anymore.

it's really just a bunch of "nature" shots, so no, nothing of any value. its a channel collecting dust.

>the fall of hollywood
U wot m8?
Do you have any idea how profitable all the trashy hollywood movies still are?
Not only in net sales, but with spin-off products and commercial deals it's fucking insane.

It's dying desu. Some just don't realize it yet.

So it will be art for the sake of art again!

>I'm doing the best film degree in the UK
>I already have
>Two of my lecturers are, respectively, the director and producer of oscar winning "the act of killing" and I've met a few at special screenings at the regent street cinema which the university owns
>They're not that great and I probably will
>I already, well a few days a week
>I'm already engaged to a 10/10 right wing gf
>I don't want to be, writer-director 4lyf

This. Why is OP such a defeatist faggot?

Good thing I have youtube!

any tips

>30
lol. Are you like 16?

bump