Best Captain?

Best Captain?

No, but I really enjoyed his enthusiasm.

That's not Sisko.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Picard, I'm Picard

>commit genocide because of autistic moral rule
>best captain

It wasn't even a moral rule, it was literally buying Phlox's batshit bullshit that evolution is somehow a set path and if they save a species then a slightly less dominant species will always be second class citizens.

Imagine if aliens had the cure for a disease that was killing all of us and decided not to share it because they thought our extinction might eventually give rise to gibbon civilization.

Ah, it's been a while since I watched Enterprise.

John-Luck Pickerd

Hands down.

"Dr Sado, could you leave me alone for a short while?"

>phlox justifies the cardassian occupation 100 years before it happens

Nice

He didn't commit genocide. He chose not to save a people because of some stupid self-righteous moral his doctor promoted. This same doctor in a later season has no problem making a clone of Trip, increase it's growth rate so he can kill it faster and take out a specific part to save Trip all while keeping this a secret until the clone gets smart enough to discover this themselves and then tell them their existence is solely to die to have this body part harvested. Hell, he's the one who brings it up.

So according to Enterprise:

Do something that could save an entire race of people that shares a planet with another race of people on the verge of becoming just as smart as the race that's dying? They must die because they will hold these people back even though I have no evidence besides what one guy said about them.

Create a living, breathing life form with their own hopes and dreams just to kill them for a specific body part? Let's do it!

that Luffy kid's pretty talented. of course I seriously doubt he has a proper master's certificate

Retard.

I don't think he would justify it, he would see it as an inevitability due to their proximity to each other.

Jean Cuck-Picard is the biggest pussy to ever command a starship

>ROMULAN SHIP, ENTER FEDERATION SPACE AND WE WILL CONSIDER IT AN ACT OF WAR
>OH, SO YOU IGNORED MY WARNING, SHAME ON YOU
>HERE'S YOUR INJURED SOLDIER THAT ENTERED OUR TERRITORY ILLEGALLY, WE EVEN PATCHED HIM UP FOR YOU
>ENJOY YOUR TRIP BACK TO ROMULUS, I HOPE THIS MEANS WE'RE FRIENDS NOW

The Federation became less trigger happy after the decades cold war with the Klingons and entered a new era of peace and stability. Starting a war because one ship slightly crossed the boarder is actually really stupid.

Fair point, but that's still a little deterministic for my tastes.

>Imagine if aliens had the cure for a disease that was killing all of us and decided not to share it because they thought our extinction might eventually give rise to gibbon civilization.
But gibbons aren't a competing species that are as developed as humans with language and culture.

>But gibbons aren't a competing species that are as developed as humans with language and culture.
Neither were the Menk.

Not to mention the romulans whole shtick was to instigate the federation into making the first move so they can justify their premeditated reaction.

Yes
/thread

Sure they were thats why they were relocated to sub optimal lands.

Do you have any idea how great that worked out for a less advanced species? They're actually given rights and property, unlike neanderthals who were basically killed and bred out of existence by homo sapiens. In every other world in Star Trek, there's usually only one dominant species but these guys actually managed to work out a symbiotic relationship.

The Menk, though a separate species altogether, got a better deal than the Native Americans in the early days of the United States. That's phenomenal.

That show was the worst Quantum Leap episode I've ever seen.

>It's a "people unironically say Kirk isn't the best captain" episode

>Krall served on Archer's ship
>Archer never tracked him down and saved him
Shit captain, doesn't give a damn about his crew.