Bojack - Season 3

So it came out today but I'm waiting until tonight so I can binge watch the entire season.

Think it'll be any good?

Were the last two seasons good?

So no, S3 will not be good.

Already watched it - it's more uneven but generally more interesting, and if you thought Bojack had fucked up towards the end of season 2 he pretty much burns all his bridges this time.

awesome I'm on episode 6 now
cant wait!
the underwater episode was trippy

If you liked the other seasons, you'll love this
If you didn't, you probably won't, I liked it though

it's really good but i feel like they could have ended it at the end of season two, they're not doing anything different this time and it just feels like the idea is burning out. maybe if it took itself a little bit more seriously then the show would be more enjoyable but everyone knows at this point that we have to sit through 3-4 episodes of bullshit family guy skits before the actual good stuff comes

Episode 5 so far is the best but thats all I have seen
They try a little too hard with the no talking underwater episode, but its about the same quality of drama, but the humor is a bit more stale

>white people is bad: the season

is already shit

>unfunny man bun wearing hipster
>unfunny sjw minority lady
What did they mean by adding these?
I've only seen 1 episode and I'm already put off
Does it get better?

It does - episode 11 as always is among the best of the season
Plus the show rips into SJWs/far-left feminism a number of times

best episode was the underwater one

Episode 11 isn't nearly as hard hitting as last season's episode 11, but on multiple watches it definitely comes across as much better

awwww yeah

enough of terrorist attack reality tv. time to watch a cartoon about a talking horse

It's literally a kino

I just finished marathoning it
It was pretty great once again
The only thing I didn't really like was (spoiler ahead) how they killed off Sarah-Lynn, it felt a bit cheap
I'm not sure how much longer they can realistically keep the "Bojack is just hopeless and everything eventually goes to shit for him" theme going, I feel like it's starting to get a bit stale, but who knows, in a year's time I might like it anyway

>they're not doing anything different this time and it just feels like the idea is burning out
Yeah, I got that feeling too. Still good though, although not as much as S2.

I really liked what they did with it

Underwater episode? What the fuck?

Just marathoned the first episode, pretty good

:^)

I just watched the first episode of this series, and I didnt like it, three four smirks but that's it.
Is it going to be better?

first 2 or 3 episodes are a bit slower, first one is just basically character building and familiarizing the viewer with the settings

Probably not
The humor never really evolves past what it starts at, if anything it gets worse as time goes on, and the only thing that gives the series any staying power at all is the character drama around Bojack which amounts to maybe 20% of the show

If you're not liking it stop, it's probably not for you. Or you could just not be in the mood for it right now

OP here.

Just got back from donating plasma and responses seemed 50/50 which doesn't surprise me since viewers tend to love it or hate it.

I've never heard a single person say "It's okay." or "It's alright."

I like it a lot but love it?

Eh, on a good day yes but others no.

The final scene wasn't the same crap as previous seasons this time i actually think bojack realized something about him self.

During all of the seasons they come up with smart characteristics to the humanoid animals that is taken from thier respective species. Most noticeable is mr.peanutbutter, who likes balls and bones, goes crazy when the doorbell rings and the most important, when he confess to Diane that most of the days he is alone, he spends on the couch and says that the best thing he knows is hearing her car coming up on the driveway. These are things that everyone who ever have had a dog knows makes a dog go nuts.

And all this time I have wondered why bojack has no characteristics of a horse and where is all the other horses, thinking of his personality bojack might as well have been drawn as a human, then the final scene drops.

Bojack stops on his driving rampage, steps out of the car and watching the other horses run together in a herd on an open field. I think then he realizes that all this time he has tried to find happiness out of his element as a horse.

>it's really good but i feel like they could have ended it at the end of season two
Of course they could have. They could have ended it at the end of season 1. But it gets good ratings so they'll either drive it into the ground or get to the point where the writers have nothing more to add.

>I guess I'll just try
>And make you understand
>That I'm more horse than a man
>Or I'm more man than a horse

you might be onto something

I guess Bojack's horse characteristics are eating like a horse and always having a "long face"

Holy fuck it's finally out. Completely forgot all about that. Looks like I have some binge to do today.

Not like I have anything else going on.

I didn't like that the underwater citizens were constantly walking. In the 'overworld' doves and bird people are flying why weren't everybody (except the visitors) swimming? They failed to check their privilege and that annoyed me.

>I guess Bojack's horse characteristics are eating like a horse
I actually forgot about that

It is actually funny how it was all in front of our faces, the whole secretariat thing. Secretariat the only other horse, except from bojacks parents, suicide after he was banned from competition in horseracing.
Are they trying to say that running is important to a horses wellbeing and happiness?

Watched the first two episodes. Already feeling a bit samey.

The Sopranos ending bit was good

This show feels so human. I liked the underwater episode.

> the Sopranos joke

it's a bummer man, what with the character jd salinger being on the show i would have assumed that the creators would have learned something about milking media untill it's dry

Season 1 was pretty shit, especially the first have. Season 2 did it somewhat justice.

They announced that it's renewed for a fourth season. Season 3's ending had lots of cliffhangers but I can't imagine how a fourth season would deal with them and not be shit.

I think they're getting to the point about denying yourself. Bojack sees the horses running.Todd comes out, sort of.P. Caroline goes back to her job.It was all foreshadowed with Cuddlywhiskers finding his Nirvana on the third episode.

It was okay. I appreciate their commitment to make a unusual 30 minute episode with no dialogue just for a silly joke at the end.

sucks to be such plebs

I liked S2 more, because I think it found a perfect balance between being funny and depressing. S3 went just full on depressing with only a few bits of humor sprinkled throughout.

In overall quality, I think S3 and S2 are pretty much neck and neck, but I just personally prefer S2 - and even though a big part of me wishes this show could just go on and on forever, I think if it had ended with S2 it would be perfect - kind of like how even though Mad Men had some of its most excellent episodes in its last mega season, but it very easily could've ended on a perfect note when Don shows his kids the whorehouse. S3 ended on so many cliffhangers that it feels like one long depressing half of a season that is incomplete without S4.

All that being said, I have high hopes for S4, even if my expectations of Bojack himself have fallen drastically since the place he was in at the end of S2.

S2 > S3 >> S1

I also forgot. The only character on the show who is actually happy is Mr. Peanutbutter. And who's the character that acts the most like their animal self?

>unfunny sjw minority lady
Who? I also watched one episode and don't remember any new character like that.

I loved it. Sure, it didn't feel as shocking as S2 because we obviously already watched S2 and didn't expect most of it. With S3 I think the show is trying to be more mature about itself as a drama (that's why you got experimental stuff like a silent episode, the episode about the psychiatrist and the episode where the bad guys get closure).
While I get that some people may get bored at the whole "BoJack is depressed" themes, it's also possible to see other characters branching into other crisis of their own, and we also saw them converging (except for Todd, who is always in a wonderland, but at least got some stuff to do in it).
In the end, I just hope they develop stuff even better now. I feel like the whole "evil dad" thing will be a huge thing for BoJack after episode 11. This was also kinda nuanced during episode 4, so it had to be seen coming.

I don't understand why this show isn't applauded as pure kino by the entirety of Sup Forums.

Is it because the board is now ridden with Sup Forumstards?

Bojack is literally one of us, a self-hating asshole, and the themes of the series are depression, loneliness, death and masculine psychology.
Maybe it hits too close to home for some, or just go over their head because of a lack of self-awareness.
There is not even a trace of reddit-pandering or SJW agenda.
It's just comedy and hard feels.

>There is not even a trace of reddit-pandering or SJW agenda.
So why bring up Sup Forumstards?

But yes, I agree. It even seem to make fun of those things.

I personally loved it, it finally feels like Bojack grew as a person by the end and hopefully we'll get some kind of closure next year.

Also to all the plebs bitching on this thread please feel free to tear apart this little piece I'm working on for the Sup Forums thread right now.

Like Diane, who literally focuses on other people's problems to deflect from her own.
Literally as in it's spelled out.

I think episode 9 is some of the most realistic argument and dialogue ever written for tv between a couple. It's acted amazingly, I have a new respect for both Will Arnet and Amy Sedaris.
It's pretty hard to keep 20plus min of compelling dialogue between just 2 characters but they really pulled it off well.

Sup Forums is a strange place, Sopranos and Mad Men threads tend to contain some of the most thought-provoking opinions I've ever read, but good luck trying to get a discussion of Citizen going in a constructive way.

Bojack is just one of those really amazing pieces of art that Sup Forums doesn't like to discuss, which is really unfortunate. But take Sup Forums and Evangelion, it's literally the worst board to try and discuss really good Anime.

Sup Forums has some pretty great Bojack threads, for what it's worth

is that toilet paper? I think I get what everything else is.

>The frankness of that final "no."

Savage

The opening theme is such a ear worm, watch an episode and it's stuck in my head for days.

Because like that guy They're obsessed with their brainwashed vision of the world and see things that aren't there

the music gave me serious The Life Aquatic vibes and i really liked it

Always thought Sup Forums was more patrician than Sup Forums, but that's probably because Sup Forums attracts more plebs from other shittier boards than Sup Forums.

thats a good image friendo can I save it

This, the underwater episode was great but that restaurant episode was brilliant.

I just watched the first 6 episodes and really enjoyed them,Saving the last 6 for tomorrow

I almost cried atthat Sarah-Lyn OD in the planetarium

the underwater episode is so good.

Sup Forums was the first board I ever really got involved in, but I left for Sup Forums when Tumblr took over Sup Forums. The Tumblrinas have since mellowed out and learned to mesh with Sup Forums natives for the most part, so it's returned to being one of the better boards.

I really loved /lit/, but it's going through a rather shitty phase currently.

Be my guest

everyone seems to want to compare evangelion with bojack, and i can see why, but at the risk of sounding like a weeb i think evangelion is on an entirely different level.

That season ending was the best out of the three.

Is like comparing a piece of bread with an orange.

They share a few core themes, but Bojack deals a lot with addiction whereas Evangelion is almost entirely about the Hedgehog's dilemma

One thing I find interesting is that Bojack seems to be advocating that for some, a life of isolation is necessary to be happy, whereas Evangelion came down more on the side that all humans are better off with other people around.

That being said, I would agree with you that Evangelion is the superior of the two. Evangelion may be the only work of animation in which extremely subtle shots and bits of body language rival those of shows like The Sopranos.

Clearly because both shows call out Sup Forums's main demographic (self-loathing misanthropes) on their bullshit.

Really shitty fucking cartoon with edgy hipster tier jokes and literally fucking loaded to the brim with liberal fucking jargon

this show is the worst attempt at sneaking a blatant political agenda into a scarcely hidden snarky shitty comedy cartoon ive ever seen

You sound like an angry nerd with shit taste.
What shows do you like?

I dont watch cartoons you childish cuck, I watch pure kino

>blatant political agenda
lol what
Bojack Horseman is about the psychology of its protagonist and his interactions with people.
If you see an agenda there you've clearly spent too much time on some politically incorrect board.
The show literally makes fun of everybody.

What the fuck are you talking about?
It's literally just showing how fucked people are and they make jokes about edgy hipsters and retarded sjws all the time

Are you the type of person that dosen't understand irony?
If so you might be autistic

The entire show is just decrates for the modern age and how people are too obsessed with their ego's and how in the span of things, nothing really matters and no one will be remembered and this season plays upon that very heavily

What fucking political agenda do you see in this show?
Honestly kill yourself, you're too stupid to be allowed to post opinons

>animation can't be kino
>an entire medium that is older than you and span different cultures and eras can't be kino
>an entire medium can't be kino because it's for children and I define myself by things I unreasonably hate
Stay pleb you fat fuck.

Ok was it just me that thought that [spoilers]the teenage horse that called at the end was his daughter?[/spoilers]

>I dont watch cartoons you childish cuck
I don't know if this opinion is more trollish or Sup Forumsish or plebish.
Anyway here is your (You)

Here comes the Bojack Bojangle cuck crusaders

>cuck
Now I wonder where this user got his opinions assfucked...

Ah, I too am an enlightened poster like you. I can see beyond the pitiful liberal brain-washed entertainment of today. Bojack Horseman? More like Cuckjack Cuckman. Fucking cucks.

>post retarded opinon
>"HAHA TRICKED YA, GOT YA IDIOTS, YOU RESPONDED"

Have you even watched the show
The start of the 3rd episode is them making fun of the fact that schools are so over saturated in making sure everything is politically correct

Honestly fuck summer
The quality of posts goes down to such an absurd level

Summer doesn't hurt Sup Forums.
Hell, moot said the traffic didn't change much during summer.
Boards with lower average IQ hurt Sup Forums though.

Because it's literally the show.
>muh deep and intellectual humour which I totally get
>how clever am I

Is this show worth watching?
I tried watching 5 minutes of it a long time ago but it made me feel like a furry so I turned it off

Orange is the New Black is better than this shitty series. And it's also kind of shitty.

yes

>Because it's literally the show.
What the fuck does that even mean?
You know shitty websites can like good shows right?
BH's humor isn't even intellectual. It's not something made to please self-congratulating hipsters. It's one of the only shows that can make you go full man-tears mode.
Did you even watch a whole season?

how dumb do you have to be to think that the humour is too deep and intellectual for people to get, or that people only pretend to like it so they can seem intelligent for understanding the humour?
very, I think

that's a good analysis, there's only so much you can visually present with the limited american style animation of bojack
is it a bad thing that it makes us think about our condition?

Orange is the new Black is literally Oz for little girls.
Bojack Horseman is a cartoon for self-hating loners.

Do people actually consider the show deep? I mean, a lot of it's jokes are kind of goofy mixed in with dark comedy. I've never seen anyone praising the depth of the show. It's still a good show though, I just think a lot of people have already decided it was terrible because of the involvement of anthropomorphic animals.

What are you talking about?
Intellectual humor?

All the hard moments come to an end and most of the humor delves from irony and blows it out of proportion

for fucks sake they had an episode entirely devoted to cupcakes and how it blows it out to national media

It's like you're posting an opinon without even watching the show

Are you just parroting someone elses opinon who also didn't watch this show?

S1 of Bojack is like straight up flash animation. By S3 it's noticeable far more nice, but it's still glorified flash

>is it a bad thing that it makes us think about our condition?
How could it be? It's kinda like what therapy is about. No other way to move out of toxic behaviours and neurosis.
Pretty sure some people hate it because they lack the ability to question themselves and feel attacked by it.

No

Which is why people on Sup Forums love it.

>Boards with lower average IQ hurt Sup Forums though.
The beautiful irony.

>Sup Forums wants to be seen as a clever insider, that understands film
>Sup Forums keeps doing/saying stupid shit
>"Nah, Sup Forums might have done it, but /some other board/ drove Sup Forums to say/do it. In the grand scheme of things, it's not Sup Forums's fault. Everyone's just blaming Sup Forums for no good reason."
Is Sup Forums just basically Bojack?

it's also just very maximalist, where the animators feel the need to push a joke into literally every single frame, and the colors push more into visual comedy then style. i really wish they fixed their balance of style and substance before starting the first seaon
>because they lack the ability to question themselves and feel attacked by it
or they just treat it as a joke and pretend it's not actually them

>/board/ is one person

the fuck are you on about
Bojack Horseman isn't an intellectual show at all.
Most people watch it for the feels, the well-written dialogues and the whacky humor. Not to feel smarter than some anons from the Bible Belt.

Evangelion's animation was great (the Komm susser tod sequence is probably one of my favourite ones ever) but, in my opinion, the whole series+film had way too much mediocrity, filler, inconsistent tone, unrealistic anime dialogue, beating dead horses and general pretentiousness for it to be good overall.

>no way Sup Forums has a lower average IQ than Sup Forums
>a board is one person
Consider stopping posting forever.

In a way, Anno & Co. benefited from the lack of budget cause it forced them to tell the ending of the story in a very compelling way without going out in a cheap orgy of explosions.

Komm Susser is great, but I can think of at least half a dozen scenes from other parts of the series and film that are better. And I disagree regarding the filler. What you would probably call filler, I think was necessary to show the stark contrast between episodes 1-17 and 18-EoE. The final few episodes and the movie wouldn't hurt as bad as they do if it wasn't for all the fun of the first 2/3rds.