You were so close

Sup Forums is learning though.
Never thought i'd see the day.

5>4>7>6>3>1>2

TFA is better than RotJ

Mine's close.

5 > 4 > 6 = 7 > 1 > 3 > 2

4>5>6>3>1>7>2

TFA-adoring plebs should be gassed if I'm being honest.

7 is worse than the prequels, 5 is the best. Otherwise good.

4 > 5 > 6 > prequels > 7 tbhfam

>7 is worse than the prequels

now you're just being intellectually dishonest and you know it.

Please tell me why it's bad without resorting to memes like "hurr durr le evul corporate disney jews"

Backsliding. Sigh...

General lack of artistic vision and character development. The best part about the early Star Wars films was always the concept art of Ralph McQuarrie. JJ's overwrought pastiche of general science fiction tropes does not an imaginative universe make.

5 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 2

7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

lmao Sup Forums can't into basic math

You have to understand one thing: For all the shit the prequels get, most of it is from people who didn't watch them when they came out, because they were too young. These are the people who missed out on both the original trilogy AND the prequels.

They copied the hate for the prequels to fit in with the jaded autists who are now in their 40s.

So for those people, it's their first star wars release that they are actively part of, so they HAVE to like it, it's like "shit, I wanna belong to this fandom, because I missed the two previous trains". So they blindly hype it, completely ignore all flaws. They're forcing themselves. And they'll defend this movie to the death. Every reviwer that uses phrases like "the first good star wars movie since 19xx" falls into the same category of youngsters who have no taste.

These people, from a subconscious fear of never really being part of this fandom, are now praising the movie to be the next coming of christ. Everyone who isn't still shitting their diapers and can actually judge the movie objectively will tell you: This one is the worst of the bunch.
Yes, worse than the prequels. It's like a chinese knockoff of star wars, bearing nothing that made the previous 6 movies charming (I say charming and not good, because they were both good at something, but not at the same thing". The only thing this has in common with star wars is the title. It's blatant nostalgia fanwank down to copying most of the plot from ANH, ripping off all major setpieces and shoehorning an "epic phrase" ála "i have a bad feeling about this" in the dialogue every 2-3 minutes.
Do me a favor and watch the prequels when you have the time again, just do it, and try to note how much they relied on recalling the original trilogy. It's not a lot. That's why the prequels, while having a different focus than the OT, succeed as a movie series. This movie does not.

>character development.

Are you seriously going to argue that the prequel characters, basically walking cardboard cutouts, were better developed? Finn and Kylo Ren, hell I'd argue even Rey, are more realized in a single film than everyone in the prequels were in three.

>The best part about the early Star Wars films was always the concept art of Ralph McQuarrie

A lot of TFA is based on old McQuarrie stuff, dude.

troll

why do people shit on 1 so much? It's def the best of the prequels
>universe is still believable instead of going full autist like 2 and 3
>liam neeson
>podracing
>moderate amount of space politics
>generally enjoyable adventure flick

>Do me a favor and watch the prequels when you have the time again, just do it, and try to note how much they relied on recalling the original trilogy. It's not a lot. That's why the prequels, while having a different focus than the OT, succeed as a movie series.
>This movie does not.
Oh yes TFA does.
The mouse is laughing maniacally all the way to the bank.
Yes Abrams copy paste IV and V together with the help of the genius Kasdan. And it all worked.
The series is successfully rebooted and now the Star Wars universe can be explored again.

It's just boring. Sure, the prequels had some terrible writing, but they were at least interesting. TFA was just a generic blockbuster that played things safe.

>A lot of TFA is based on old McQuarrie stuff, dude.

Sure, with the life sucked out of it in classic Abrams fashion. The First Order are boring Nazi clones. The cantina aliens are impossibly bland. The worlds themselves are rehashes of prior ones.

There is no risk taking, no imagination, nothing to set it apart from other high-budget films. It is everything that people have come to despise of modern Hollywood productions, and yet curiously few did. It's a milquetoast production from top to bottom.

>Are you seriously going to argue that the prequel characters, basically walking cardboard cutouts, were better developed?

Yes. At least the fantastic failures of the prequels were not so easily reduced to a lack of artistic vision and tepid directorship. The prequels were the equivalent of the Tucker Motor Company, the Force Awakens the equivalent of the Cadillac Cimarron.

Imagine you were given the task to make a new Star Wars movie. Would you risk the farm right out the gate?
Disney and Abrams did exactly what needed to be done.
So with Rogue One you now have re-shoots because the test audiences resisted the darker tone.The time for risk taking has still not yet come.
But it will.

5 4 6 7 3 2 1

Of course it makes sense from the studio's point of view to play it safe, but it doesn't mean the movie is good.

>the prequels were unique and took risks meme

>C3PO shoved in for no reason
>R2D2 back for no reason
>dude Jango Fett is also a bounty hunter lmao
>Clones are a ripoff of storm troopers
>dude Baby Boba Fett lmao
>Republic ships are a ripoff of Imperial Star destroyers
>Naboo is earth
>Death Star plans in Attack of the Clones
>All Jedi wear Tatooine farmer robes
>Corisant is a ripoff of the city from Blade Runner
>dude Genonisis is Tatooine with rocks lmao
>dude Kamino is just Cloud City with water instead of clouds lmao

I would argue that killing Han Solo, relegating Luke to the final scene and making the bad guy an insecure little shit instead of the generic edgelord villain of the prequels were fairly big risks.

finally someone with decent taste, though I personally would put 7 in front of 6 as it felt a lot more consistent

You can hate the prequels without bending over backwards to pretend they aren't unique. Lucas isn't the best writer or director, but you can't deny he had a vision.

if 4 is empire then youre dead fucken wrong kiddo

Yeah, none of those points apply to the JJ's shitfest.

Except for C3PO, R2D2, Han, Leia, X-Wings, TIE Fighters, yet another Death Star, yet another Alderaan scene, yet another Grand Moff Tarkin, yet another Tattooine, forest moon of Endor, cantina scene, Millennium Falcon, neo-Storm Troopers, Palpatine-like holograms, Vader-like dark Jedi, et cetera.

Face it, JJ's Star Wars is nothing more than a cash-in. In its quest to be unimpeachable, it's been reduced to nothing more than tired retread.

>Lucas isn't the best writer or director, but you can't deny he had a vision.

and his "vision" was motivated more by money than even Disney. Remember when he made Darth Vader the literal center of the Star Wars universe through a hamfisted messiah prophecy because Vader sold the most toys and was the face of Star Wars marketing?

Lucas told himself and the press that he was some kind of auteur because he was butthurt over THX being edited by the executives. He never realized that he himself became that overbearing, moneyminded executive, only in a flannel shirt instead of a suit

>that list

I don't think you understand the complaint, nigger. Having Han and Leia return in a sequel trilogy makes sense. Have R2D2 praised by Queen Amidala for no other reason than fans recognize that character and Anakin building C3PO are absurd.

the rest of them, you might as well just bitch about star wars archtypes, and most of those do a fine job of differentiating themselves from the mold anyway.

everything>2

These viewing orders are retarded. What's wrong with you people?