Would this move have done better if it featured men?

Would this move have done better if it featured men?

I don't think so. Whatever 4 people you put out, they would not be as good as the original 4.

It would get the same hate, but nobody would care because it isn't starring women.

If it had a better screenplay and a director that understands the appeal of the original film than yes

No. If it was the same script and same shitty jokes? Fuck no, it'd be just as much of an embarrassment.

Glen Howerton, Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day, and Danny Devito would be just as good.

Get Kaitlin Olsen as the Walter Peck character.

Boom, give me millions Hollywood

yes because then Sony would not have had an attack campaign and guys who were on the fence about seeing it would have gone to see it.

The casting wasn't the problem.
The screenplay was the problem.

Devito is way too old.

They were both the problem.
Nobody who isn't a 40+ year old woman wants to see Melissa McCarthy do anything. Nobody who isn't being paid to lie wants to see Leslie Jones do anything.

Mark Wahlberg, John Goodman, Tom Cruise, Joe Pesci/Denzel Washington

There you go. These guys can make anything entertaining. Fuck you faggots.

>implying there is a screenplay
Most of the movie is improvised acting.

I'd give it a 50 million dollar budget

That's it

By all accounts, it's just a pretty badly made movie. Multiple dangling subplots indicating botched editing, out of character ad lib/improv sequences, unfunny gross-out humor, weak writing. It doesn't sound like any sort of cast, male, female, mixed, other, could save this turd from itself.

Doesn't mean there *wasn't* a screenplay, just that Feig is a sloppy director who just lets his actors do whatever they want, whether it's good or not. I mean, ad lib *can* work - RDJ is given a lot of leeway to ad lib Tony Stark, to keep him spontaneous - but it needs guidance and limits, not just "do whatever, we'll figure out out later".

This movie was just straight out sexist

Jesus I never knew how bad I wanted an IASIP/Ghostbusters crossover until now.

It would have been 100 times better if it was a made for netflix Adam Sandler movie.

Thats how bad it was.

Spinal Tap was mostly adlibbed and it's a classic.

Maybe less people whining about a monster getting shot in the dick. Why are people suddenly offended by that? About 75% of slapstick films have a cock shot.

I can't believe this movie made men act like feminazis they hate so much.

I'VE BECOME SO NUMB.

?
it would have been great
Tons of people like ghost busters

I think male leads would make the movie even worse because you'd be constantly comparing them to the original cast.

I CAN'T FEEL YOU THERE

BECOME SO TIRED.

You cannot adlib too much around special effects, though.

SO MUCH MORE AWARE.

It's the whole context of the scene.

the main problem with this movie, is that the old cast never got the respect due to them before a new team took over.
Rocky came back in Creed to pass the torch after his series concluded
Han Solo was killed by his son

In this series, they chose to ignore the original cast and legacy which shit on the fanbase that made the brand what it is.
No matter what new group of actors they chose it should have featured bill m and the old team working with and passing the torch to the new team. Without that connection it was bound to fail

It was a shit script, handled poorly by the studio, casted for name recognission alone, shot/lit like a 90's Nickelodeon TV movie, edited by someone committing sudoku, and then sent to the same bang-for-your-buck cgi farms that every mediocre blockbuster goes to these days, and marketed against fans.

Satan himself couldn't have saved this project.

This was an Adam Sandler movie with woman, thats how thats how people should see it.

They should have had the original cast be the fathers, release it on fathers day, have them still have a big part in the movie in a past the torch fashion, have strong females and release it on fathers day.

There, everyone is happy, no need to the anger and article baiting.