American Gods

www facebook com/AmericanGodsSTARZ/videos/610821062428741/

American Gods trailer was just released (on Facebook only - no YouTube link yet).

Shitty song, but it looks a lot better than I was expecting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y8h9-hYacP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of course it does Bryan fuller is actually a good showrunner

looking forward to it
but can't wait for Sup Forums to lose its shit that an ex-con called Shadow is a nigger and a cuck

Wait... it's a cartoon?

youtube.com/watch?v=y8h9-hYacP0

Isn't that the guy from The 100

Well now I know why they killed him off

>Odin has two eyes
They had one job

>Gillian Anderson
>Peter Stormare
>Orlando Jones
>Ian MacShane
>Cloris Leachman
>Crispin Glover

Hell of a cast

Probably going to be disappointing.

I feel like Gaiman's ideas sort of dried up a long time ago. American Gods is very good, but Anansi Boys is not. It's been so long and I doubt it'll follow through as an adaptation of the original, so at best it'll onlybhave tangential ties to the source material.

>Shadow is a cuck
>Anansi boys is LITERALLY about a black man getting cucked

holy shit. i knew about Swearengen, but McFly, Scully, and the nihilist Devil too? damn, what a cast indeed! and Fuller showrunning? yeah, i'm tuning in.

Looks good.

I have a bad feeling this will end up being cancelled before it finished though.

i agree. he has a limited set of stories he rewrites with different characters over and over again. Gaiman is kind of a YA writer readers grow out of after getting tired of his schtick. he still has some charming short stories, though, but i can't see myself reading any novels he may write in the future if they stick to the same formula as his previous ones.

Sandman's great

Tried reading the book but dropped it when they road around the carousel and the black dude started telling the story about the dude stealing a lion's balls, kinda want to try again. Is it worth finishing?

It's kinda weird to see the black guy play the cuck for once.

Yes. It's an American road trip story, not some epic god vs god fight story. Black dude was Anansi by the way. He was telling Shadow an African legend about himself. It becomes relevant later.

Alright I'll try it again. I burn through audiobooks while I work

does it worry anyone that they dropped it on a Friday? Friday's the slow news dump day and not really an optimal time to drop the first trailer for a series.

You're right, and he wasn't always that way. Sandman was really his best work, with AG being a distant second but he feels like he's been in a holding pattern for a long time after, barring a few comic stories that get him out of his comfort zone.

Sandman and Black Orchid were early works of his before he got popular. Everything after that is the problem.

yeah, i hear you. after he received money, fame, and accolades, he really has stagnated writing-wise. having said that, i did enjoy reading Sandman Overture, even though it took him and the artist three years to fucking finish it. his prose-work hasn't really changed or evolved any. he still seems to be a nice guy so it's kinda a downer saying anything negative about him. his other tv series was also kinda not good but at least that produced a great Jarvis Cocker soundtrack.

>starz
JUST