Be able to commit crimes with a 100% guarantee of not getting caught

>Be able to commit crimes with a 100% guarantee of not getting caught
>Still get caught

Japanese """"""writers"""""" have to be the dumbest motherfuckers ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=4NShEKYoPXw
youtube.com/watch?v=IIX9aoN7g4o
youtube.com/watch?v=woiMYzVTl9c
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
youtube.com/watch?v=1lElf7D-An8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Light develops a god complex and can't help but let people know who he is. It's a flaw in his character. A more rational individual given that kind of power would not kill so many people in such similar ways, but because he goes mad with power he's compelled to do it which draws attention to himself.

I really liked the Anime a lot, but I feel like L's deduction was so off-the-wall retarded sometimes that he was basically just psychic.

He's just that good, plebs like us would never get him.

That's why you create an adversary who's smart enough to ensure his long-term protection from the death note.

>tfw no Death Note IRL

>be able to commit a crime with 100% guarantee of not getting caught
>until someone assembles a GUI interface in VB to track your IP
American """""""""""""""""writers""""""""""""""""" have to be the most Japanese motherfuckers ever.

>not understanding Light as a character

he ended up being somewhat of a serial killer who wanted people to know that "Kira" existed

Yes, user. Keit-ai was way better.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Light doesn't "develop" a god complex, he says in the first episode that he wants to be the "god of the new world." One of the biggest problems with Death Note is that there is no character development of any kind. There is no build up of Light becoming Kira, he just decides to do it right away. In a good story the main character should be different by the end, but Light doesn't changed in any way from start to finish.

>light doesn't develop
>he's the same
He's reluctant, SUPER reluctant to use it to kill anyone but killers and heinous people at first
then he starts killing lesser criminals in an attempt to prove his innocence
then he literally is killign anyone who even questions the kira directive or who might discover him

yeah he's the same

L was just THAT fucking good at being a detective

Massive generalization, but I find that the vast majority of Japanese writing is cringy as fuck bad. Japanese are great when it comes too ideas because their writing culture is not grounded in the extreme realism that western writing is, but then when it comes to execution, they always fall flat straight on their face because that absence of giving a shit about realism also extends to dialogue, characters, plot etc and you end up with 99.9% of anime and manga with characters that are literally nothing more than a blank slate archetype, spouting cliche dialogue which reads like nothing anybody would actually say and plot holes out the ass because why care about plotholes when everything else is basically nonsensical.

People say Evangelion and Cowboy bebop are pretty much the two best anime ever made and I think this is saying something, Evangelion while it didn't have the most realistic characters, actually ended up as a massive critique of anime tropes and archetypes, while Cowboy Bebop went out of it's way to literally copy western and HK crime dramas in it's dialogue.

This is one of the things that drives me up the wall about Sup Forums and Otaku in general, they legitimately think that shitty LN adaption #1091178148964187 has better writing than The Wire or Breaking Bad or Deadwood etc, I've literally had people tell me on Sup Forums that Fate/Zero is better written than The Wire.

Go watch J-Dramas and J-live action adaptions of anime, why are they always so fucking cringy even when using often the exact same characters and writing as the manga/anime in question? Because without the suspension of disbelief of animation, you can see that in general, Japanese writers are barely even on the level of Stephanie Myer.

Surely I'm not the only one who sees this right? Surely others here can see that Japanese writers are fucking terrible? Why does something work in anime, then an almost 1:1 live action adaption become terrible if it's not the fault of the writing?

>Sup Forums discuss anime
>shitfest
>Sup Forums discuss television & film
>shitfest
>Sup Forums discuss anime
>decent

dat girl misa got his brain turned to mush with that puss

This is true for every single medium in any board not dedicated to it.

>my cultural dialogue is superior than other cultural dialogue

oh please western writing is just as retarded to asians with your need to be loud degenerates all the time

>its THIS thread again

In the very first episode he already has a huge list of criminals and is killing everyone he can. The most development you could say he has is that he goes from being a completely evil narcissist to an even more evil narcissist. We never even learn about why he is the way he is, Misa actually gets more backstory than he does. Light is by far the worst character in the series.

spooky

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

Because it's Japanese, doesn't excuse Anime, Manga, LN, J-Dramas writing being fucking terrible.

I'm sure there are fantastic Japanese writers when it comes to literature, sadly the vast majority of them will never get anywhere near production of pop media where literally worse than YA tier LN's, J-Dramas and Manga dominate.

He can't keep getting away with this!

I felt that L should have died but the entire show should have built up to it. When L died it was random

>Keit愛 OST

OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

OP Full: youtube.com/watch?v=4NShEKYoPXw
ED 1 Full: youtube.com/watch?v=IIX9aoN7g4o
ED 2 Full: youtube.com/watch?v=woiMYzVTl9c

>Keit愛 TVアニメ

PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

>I've literally had people tell me on Sup Forums that Fate/Zero is better written than The Wire.

You can be 100% sure it was either a girl or a gook. Don't take seriously the opinion of these people

I kinda agree with you on a lot of things. My biggest problem with manga/anime in general is that they often have great concepts and ideas but terrible execution. I also think that a lot of endings to series feel very disappointing, like they just stop instead of having a satisfying conclusion. I think a lot of the problem is that manga/anime writers have a poor understanding of basic story structure.

>writing being fucking terrible.
to arbitrary western standards you try to apply to everyone else. grow up in Japan and see how weird something american tv and other cultural nuances in dialogue is. you dull white ape.

On the off chance you're actually a curious dude and not baiting, the truth is that anime is simply dominated by marketing to young adults, children, and manchildren. If you want well written and more artistic stories, you have to turn to manga. Even in manga there is a sea of shit, but it's actually a respectable artform in Japan (whereas anime is seen mostly as otaku pandering shit) so you get some occasionally really quality writers. I think the problem is that for you, you've never been a big anime fan, so you only see what people are talking about and what's popular. Frankly, anybody who tells you that Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion are the best anime of all time are probably either retarded or casuals. Cowboy Bebop has severe pacing issues at parts of the series and Evangelion's ending was basically the author having a mental breakdown. It also didn't call out as many tropes as you think, since a lot of the characters acted equally as unrealistically as other anime, they just did it oftentimes in the opposite direction of being retards and/or shitty people.

But for example, imagine if you only knew about movies via the popular things everybody is discussing. You'd be left with the impression that the artistic ceiling for movies is Drive, and that the vast majority of the medium is terrible, cringey, overly CGI heavy capeshit.

But you like movies, you watch good movies, so you know better.

>I've literally had people tell me on Sup Forums that Fate/Zero is better written than The Wire.

This is because Fate fanboys are fucking retarded. I enjoy the Fate VN's and even own a stupid amount of Fate merchandise in my collection, but they are nothing more than complete edgy schlock with often the most extreme QUALITY tier writing especially everything to do with Shirou who is a terribly written character by every metric.

Fate/Zero adaption is probably the single most overrated anime in existence.

Source? Or did you write this

IS it possible to make a live action of JOJO?
without removing the POSES.

youtube.com/watch?v=1lElf7D-An8

>this is the pinnacle of western writing

Like, I agree with you but all those shows you listed have their own western tropes and archetypes too.

L's death was actually done well. The problem was that he was replaced with a nearly identical character, which belittled his character and made his death seem pointless.

Phantom Blood would be pretty easy to adapt accurately. The problem would be everything else.

I guess Steel Ball Run would work too if you were willing to cut out almost everything.

Except I've watched plenty of old Japanese film like Ozu, Kurosawa, Oshima, Tikano and their characters don't talk like complete one dimensional archetypes spouting anime cliches.

Anime in general has terrible writing, especially when it comes to characters and dialogue because anime is forced to pander to an ever shrinking market of Otaku and children who don't want the medium to experiment.

>If you want well written and more artistic stories, you have to turn to manga.
Or, you know, real books. Live action films are also a good alternative.

Why does Sup Forums have the shittiest memes?

>Tikano
Why is this so funny?

There wouldn't have been a story if it hadn't fallen into the hands of an egomaniac.

I'm going to disagree with you here, because it's very clear that Light fucks himself over.

Had he just been chill and realized he MIGHT get caught, he could have easily been uncatchable. Instead he assumed he was unstoppable, and it caught up to him.

I actually liked Fate/Zero, but Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works was so terrible it made be retroactively hate it.

Well of course, but he was discussing anime/manga specifically. I'd hope everybody who can use this website realizes that books and live action movies are also good forms of art.

My point was that anime and manga both, while often heavily marketed as entertainment, isn't completely devoid of artistic merit. It just seems that way because it's a hard medium to pierce because it's full of weirdos, both the people who make it and enjoy it.

Compare anime to western, regular tv. It's the same level of shit: 95% pure garbage, 5% great shit. I think the problem is that you're too desensitized to shitty western tv because you just don't watch it. Dialogue in The Walking Dead is not anymore realistic than even a mediocre anime.

Did someone feed you exclusively haremshit or shounenshit as a diet to "try anime out"? Did they recommend you Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece or something.

I hope with that anime they finally realized that they're never going to properly adapt an 80 hour fucking VN into a two season show, and that they should stop trying.

I will watch Heaven's Feel movies for delicious Rider though, I don't care how awful they are.

>Dialogue in The Walking Dead is not anymore realistic than even a mediocre anime.

What anime fags also don't understand is written dialogue is often way better than spoken dialogue - even if it's identical. Delivery in spoken dialogue is so key, and it not being perfect can muddy the whole experience.

If I'm watching a anime and the English voice acting is bad, I switch it to Japanese and it becomes immediately tolerable. I legitimately can't hear if it sounds genuine and authentic - that overly loud anime scream? Is that something that is real? I 100% don't know. If I heard some guy yell out "I WILL KILLLLLLLL YYYYYOOOOUUUUU" with bad VAing, I will hear it and be like "man this is unbelievable." - In Japanese I can't even fucking tell.

It's the common problem with film and TV. Things on the script can look way better than they actually sound read aloud. With anime + subs, it's all written with just some extra noise for context.

There is only one time I know of where the script line is worse than the delivery, and that was Star Trek's Into Darkness with the "I will walk over your cold corpses" - those lines were so bad but BennyCum delivered them so well it chilled ya bones

I stopped watching shortly after they introduced the braindead chick. She was fucking worthless fanservice.

I'd agree with this somewhat, I think the problem is too many people are uncomfortable with foreign languages and/or reading, so they turn to dubs, but dubs just will never sound good. This isn't the fault of the dubbers either, the animation is literally animated for Japanese words. That's why anime dialogue in English always has these weird pauses and long, drawn out emphasis on words when there realistically wouldn't be; they're trying to time it to the lip syncing. And obviously no animation studio is going to re-do the entire show just for another language, so English dubbing is a compromise. Japanese+reading is also a compromise, but I believe that it does take some of the "realism" issue with the dialogue away.

Also, I'd like to point out, it's pretty rare I come across western shows with realistic dialogue as well, nobody fucking talks like people talk in Arrow, for example. Furthermore, some of my favorite shows had dialogue that was so far from realistic that it should have been laughed at, but in my humble opinion massively added to the shows (Spartacus and Deadwood).

I think it's all about execution, and when you turn on English dubs, you're stacking the deck against the creators in a way that subtitles do not. I understand if you don't care/don't mind about it, but I do think that this causes a lot of people to come away with a "what the fuck is this shit" when they wouldn't necessarily have to.

japan's problem is that they cannot into subtlety. they have to have everything fucking explained as though you're retarded. that's my problem with japanese media.

>Japan can't into subtlety
>who is Ozu

>Entire language is built around the idea of having to read context to communicate and understand people

>Can't into subtlety

Stop watching shounenshit or haremshit for children.

a better question would be "why would anyone want a live action Jojo adaptation?"

the double entrendes and ambiguity of japanese characters is lost when translated to english

english lacks subtlety if anything

>cannot into subtlety
Stop watching shit anime maybe

Yeah you're definitely on to something, and your point actually extends to Japanese acting style too. It's soap opera dramatic times 10.

I actually thought Death Note writing was quite good up until Melo is introduced, but there's a lot of anime with great concepts that have absolute shit writing, like Psychopass and Sword Art Online etc

it's not just the cartoons user. even in the primetime talk shows everything has to be spelled out and explained in it's entirety. their main form of comedy consists of a duo, with the straight man always being the main example of this shit.

I let a lot of Psychopass slide just because I fucking love the world and the ideas behind it. Though I did like Ginoza's character development

>Sword Art

Ah, the perfect example of a thrilling world and concept, marred by its terrible writing. It's basically .hack but with a big ass budget and much worse writing.