Literally the most 'epic' thing that ever happened in history

>literally the most 'epic' thing that ever happened in history
>perfect era for a good soundtrack
why was there never a high budget apollo 11 movie made?

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/26593-apollo-11-moon-landing-scariest-moments.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But there was, it just didn't get a theatrical release. Instead it was broadcast on the telly.

doesn't easily work as a movie, especially with a high budget. pic related does.

the right stuff is fucking fantastic too though. an apollo 11 movie would have to be somewhere in between the two in style, scope and budget and would need to be at least a near masterpiece in filmmaking to have a legitimate chance.

Directed by Kubrick, no less.

>literally the most 'epic' thing that ever happened in history
That's not Joan of Arc freeing France.

really?

>not the battle of tours

reddit pls

Joan of Arc was literally nothing but a figurehead. Her (male) army did the actual liberating.

Plus, it's nothing on the moon landing. Not even a shadow of a thing.

Don't give them ideas.

Starring Matt Damon as Neil Armstrong
And Leslie Jones as Buzz Aldrin

Matt Damon takes his first steps on the moon: "I'm gonna science the shit out of this!" :^)

Apollo 11 was a Kubrick film retard.

>Leslie Jones as Buzz Aldrin
Fuck you I opened the thread just to suggest that

You can't really make much of a movie out of it because everything went as planned.

Or have an all female cast.

"One giant leap for womankind"

>Americans actually believe this

How did moon landing change history? Tell me. Would the world be different now if we didn't land? It's just a rock floating in space, and it's not even far away. US in attempt to show dominance over USSR in cold war spent few $$$ to land on moon that's it, we're not ever flying there again because it's pointless.

Where does the OP say changed history? He literally uses the word epic, and the only epic non-Reddit tier thing humanity has done is land on the moon.

>and it's not even far away.
Relative to what?

it changed literally every human beung's concept of themselves, no big deal

can you even imagine what life was like before space exploration, when humanity's concept of itself was confined to just our earth? leaving our planet made everyone feel smaller. you don't realize this because you were born into a world where humans had already left.

>Relative to what?
Relativity itself

It's the furthest anyone's fucking traveled

>Joan of Arc was literally nothing but a figurehead. Her (male) army did the actual liberating
Trump is just a figurehead. He'll be getting his (male) workers to build his big ass wall.

Leaders are important. Just because it doesn't fit with your worldview doesn't make Joan of Arc any less of a fucking hero.

Well, World War II was more "epic". The Space Race was pretty contained for what it was, it's not even a huge highlight of the Cold War.

Uranium, Satellite Technology, The Internet... Practical "epic" shit that changed the world for better or worse.

We came out of the cave, and we looked over the hill and we saw fire; and we crossed the ocean and we pioneered the west, and we took to the sky. The history of man is hung on a timeline of exploration and the moon was next in line.

That's why.

No I mean literally a figurehead. Her battle commanders did everything. She was literally nothing more than a face and name. Do some history you fuck.

There we go, my nigga. Your sick ass quads prove our point that Joan is an hero, and moon landing is nothing.

>practical epic shit

I'd suggest refreshing your understanding of the word epic.

>uranium

Uranium what? Finding it? How does that compare in any way to putting fucking HUMANS on the moon? Why are there plebs in here that don't recognise how incredible this was?

>humanity's concept of itself was confined to just our earth
It still is. Also using that logic invention of the internet is like 10,000,000 times bigger event.

>On the one hand, Joan stated that she carried her banner in battle and had never killed anyone,[39] preferring her banner "forty times" better than a sword;[40] and the army was always directly commanded by a nobleman, such as the Duke of Alençon for example. On the other hand, many of these same noblemen stated that Joan had a profound effect on their decisions since they often accepted the advice she gave them.

She mattered a fucking lot to the men and she gave good advice that helped them defeat their enemy. An ordinary woman couldn't do that, especially not in that time period. She was an extraordinary fucking person.

>we're not ever flying there again because it's pointless.

LOL, go hang yourself in your mom's basement you bitter numale cuck.

Hillary is going to win, deal with it.

SOMEONE WHO MATTERS TO MEN IS NOT ON THE SAME SCALE AS THE MOON LANDING YOU SAD SMALL LITTLE FEMINIST

Then eating the biggest burger humanity ever produced should be as epic of an event.

I mean, just like, watch the moon landings?

We tend to make movies about historical things that weren't actually recorded.

>we pioneered the west
we brutally murdered all the native americans because fuck that shit ass niggers lmao i'm gonna make a swimming pool out of their blood freedom for murica we are tolerate country*
ftfy

Why did you get so mad all of a sudden?

Debatable about comparison to the moon landing you're correct, but claiming she was any less that one of most extraordinary figures in our history is idiotic.

I'm voting for Trump tho...

Stop thinking that you hold a monopoly on you're idea of a Trump/Hilary support. You know, it's ok to think women have done things and also be a Trump supporter.

Oh look someone saw 2001: A Space Odyssey.

especially when you start considering the computing power they were working with back then
there's a reason teams of the smartest people in the world worked years on this
the moon landing is the current crowning achievement of humanity
not the United States
not NATO
humanity, every single person on the planet

it will only be beaten when we finally put someone on Mars

>it changed literally every human beung's concept of themselves
No it fucking didn't you delusional fucknugget.

If Hollywood made a convincing moon landing movie, it would only serve as fuel to the conspiracy theorists who think it was faked.

You watch too many space films and leave your room to rarely. Fucking rock in space is shit, uranium is energy. If not for uranium you would right now sit in darkness and read a book, idiot. Grow fucking up and leave you room already.

This guy is correct.

What would the Apollo 11 movie even be? Nothing really happened on the mission that wasn't planned. The movie would be loading up a rocket, boring flight to the moon full of status checks, falsely suspenseful landing sequence where you know what happens, WE DID IT, okay now lets dock with the orbiter, okay lets land back on earth and get picked up.

Its a documentary at best

fuck no, the most epic thing to have happened is the invention of the ink press.

>I'd suggest refreshing your understanding of the word epic.
>>heroic or grand in scale or character
>>particularly impressive or remarkable

What's your definition?

>Uranium what? Finding it?

The finding of and utilization of Uranium and U-292 are far more epic than flying to a spacerock when we already live on a grand spacerock of unknown mystery.

Traveling through space relative to time is not new, and the Moon was uninteresting.

holy shit that webm is fake as shit

>uranium is energy
energy that everyone is trying to move away from because of the tons of waste it produces
not to mention its potential for catastrophic failure

The landing you watched in TV was essentially that, user.

THE MOON LANDING IS NOT ON THE SAME SCALE AS MY GRANDMA FARTING A MINUTE AGO YOU SAD SMALL LITTLE NECKBEARD

Actually quite a few things went wrong, nothing on the scale of Apollo 13, but still...

space.com/26593-apollo-11-moon-landing-scariest-moments.html

But Trump is a fucking retard so maybe that's not the best comparison

Oh god why. this was supposed to be the turning point we were supposed to go much farther than the moon. why are still here

>I have literally no idea what I'm talking about

Maybe you should try moving away from oxygen

Apollo 13 was pretty good if you believe all that stuff.

>that ever happened

>How can I bring up Trump for no reason in this NASA thread

There is no point in space that would make these two objects be that size comparable to each other, considering the distance between them.

What's wrong? The Earth isn't flat enough for you?

They should make a fiction where they don't make it.

You guys seem to do it in every other thread, just seems right I should give it the old college try :^)

>Mom why aren't we travel to other galaxies like in films mom? Go to sleep dear, tomorrow we learn how to count to 10 don't forget.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Of course it's possible to be far enough away for it to look like that.
It's taken by a satellite at lagrange point 1, a million miles away.

you first, champ

Yet another picture with fucked up scalings.

>idris elba as richard nixon

Or a Spielburg style serious tone movie where they fake it and have to sell it to everyone

No shit the scale is fucked up, space is big fool.

Your point?

Only Americans care about the moon landing. Nobody else gives a shit, it's not like we colonized the Moon or something.

>eating is equivalent to discovering new horizons

I wonder which country this particular user hails from

there is no drama or story.

they just sit in a spaceship for a few months, hop around, and come back.

nothing happens. doesnt make for an interesting movie

im not an american and the moon guys are my heros.
they literally walked on another celestial body. if we traveled to another star it wouldn't even be as important.
the only thing that will beat apollo 11 is travelling to another dimension, finding intelligent aliens or finding god

What? Im from New Zealand and its one of the most amazing things humanity have ever done. North America is best America.

cgi

literally ps3 graphics at best

the shiny spot is a giveaway

Alright. Let's roughly pretend that earth is 2 times larger than moon. Bu the distance between them is 30 times the size of earth. That means if you are close to earth, the moon is the size of a dot. If you are close to moon, the earth is a size of a tennis ball. On you 1st picture earth is 2 times larger than moon. Which means the distance between them is disregarded and they are put next to each other. What is scientific point of this gif? Watch this for not fucked up scaling

>which country this particular user hails from
The one that first traveled in outer space.

Just say America

>the shiny spot is a giveaway
Of what, the reflectivity of water?

in games the sun's reflection on water looks the same. it doesnt look right

Smoother than an apple

Learn history, it's not.

I thought you cossacks were banned?

Lol no

Lol get over it commie

You're god damn right, we did!

USA USA USA

>we pioneered the west
you took the west from the native americans with blood and guns

>The history of man is hung on a timeline of exploration and the moon was next in line.
america could've saved a lot of money by just letting the soviets do it

Star with the cast from the new ghostbusters. Diversity man

The Soviets could've saved a lot of money by just letting us do it

>He'll be getting his (mexican) workers to build his big ass wall

If the camera is on the Moon, the Earth is small in the sky, yes.
But the DISCOVR satellite is 930,000 miles away. That's four times further away than the Moon. At that distance the effects of perspective become limited, so the scale of the Moon in the same frame as the Earth becomes close to it's actual scale. But note how it's still bigger in that webm than it's actual size in comparison to the Earth. L1 is still close to the Earth in the relative scale of the solar system.