What current TV shows/movies will be considered racist/problematic in the future?

What current TV shows/movies will be considered racist/problematic in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2BBOWsWODX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all of them

ghostbusters 2016.
there will be an lgbt only remake 20 years later.

/Thread

There's no appeasing these faggots. They'll find something offensive about everything.

>implying have a black lady answering phones on your show wasn't progressive as fuck for the time

I swear liberal cucks each other alive for sport

Well it's a fictional show about space travel, but even Trek couldn't suspend disbelief enough to have a 60% black/mulatto crew.

I can believe in aliens, warp travel, distant galaxies, etc, but you want me to believe that black people can be astronauts? Stop it.

Actually, in the future the whole idea of catching Ghosts and imprisoning them in a storage unit is considered to be a reference to slavery. The future Ghostbusters will be centered around LGBTQ+ ghosts trying to escape a strawman white straight cis male villain.

>white vulcan men

ITS 2016

WHY DONT WE HAVE PURPLE VULCAN SHE-MALES ALREADY???

"progressive for the time" is no longer an excuse for the hip young kids who don't know much about history and are just worried about whether a new show has enough transgender eskimos in the cast.

Really, Gene Rodenberry was progressive as hell and really pushed boundaries. He specifically placed Uhura directly behind Kirk on the bridge so she couldn't be edited out of broadcasts. George Takei has even said that they discussed the possibility of a gay character but they both agreed that would be pushing their luck.

>missing the point by that long a shot
Having a fucking russian working with americans and brits was unimaginable in the 60s. So was having a black woman in any position of power.
This shouldn't make me as mad as it does.

don't forget this

>Nichols planned to leave Star Trek in 1967 after its first season, wanting to return to musical theater.[8] She changed her mind after talking to Martin Luther King, Jr.[9] who was a fan of the show. King explained that her character signified a future of greater racial harmony and cooperation.[10] King told Nichols, "You are our image of where we're going, you're 300 years from now, and that means that's where we are and it takes place now. Keep doing what you're doing, you are our inspiration."[11] As Nichols recounted, "Star Trek was one of the only shows that [King] and his wife Coretta would allow their little children to watch. And I thanked him and I told him I was leaving the show. All the smile came off his face. And he said, 'Don't you understand for the first time we're seen as we should be seen. You don't have a black role. You have an equal role.'"[8]

But this MLK Jr guy was obviously just the victim of interalized racism or something.

>Star Trek was one of the only shows that [King] and his wife Coretta would allow their little children to watch
That's kinda shitty. Imagine an entire childhood watching Shatner overact on screen

Apparently Rodenberry wanted to make Kirk a woman but the producers didn't like it.

The pilot episode already had female first officer.

I wonder how different the reception would've been had Spock been female Vulcan

Dr. Strange

My reception would have been positive.
If you know what I'm saying

>liberals
>knowing history

It's 2016, and there is still an alarming number of white people on TV in western countries. And really although black characters are always portrayed as positive and unrealistic, they are still only about 1/4 to 1/3 of the main characters on TV.

My bad, for a second I forgot that SJWs' knowledge of history comes from John Green videos and feminist revisionism.

That MLK guy sounds like a brainwashed Uncle Tom.

There was also a Jap driving. And the Vulcan was a Jew.
But the cast wasn't on a 1:1 racial basis, and also there were no openly gay characters, which is pretty problematic.... and basically fascist.

I fucking hate this generation, seriously sometimes I think the terrorists are right.

friendly reminder that LITERALLY EVERYONE IN STAR TREK WAS A FACIST
UHURA WAS BASICALLY A SLAVE
RODDENBERRY WAS IN THE KKK

This, even that sjw created stephen universe will be considered oppressive.

In the first pilot, Number One was a woman, not Spock. The network made them change it.

That show did as much as it could and people shit on it because it wasn't "enough"?

Fuck them.

You are basically imagining any american born in the sixties.

Well it was that, reruns of I Love Lucy or the Flintstones. Pick your poison.

He was a clown who wanted all the races and religions to live equally.

He didn't want to kill anyone or take anything from anyone. What a bastard

>There's no appeasing these faggots. They'll find something offensive about everything.

Even if they've got to spend all day combing tumblr for it like starving raccoons in a garbage can.

HOL UP WE WUZ SPACE KAPTAINS N SHIEEET

Take a break

>Uhura just answered the phone
She was a lieutenant and the chief communications officer
>completely ignores Sulu who piloted the fucking ship
>doesn't understand how having a Russian onboard at the time was a big deal

GOD DAMN this comic makes me mad! I hope whoever made it gets a vicious form of cancer.

Doesn't matter who it is, people with axes to grind are always very selective about considering historical and cultural context.

>Kirk literally can't do shit without the Jew, the black chick, the Russian, or the Asian
>THIS SHOW IS RACIST
m8

>ywn cum on a fibrous husk together with Soren

>Discovery will have a black woman captain

I hope is a black fat sassy woman who's aint affraid of anything

Quick, someone shop the insignia on the strong independent black woman picture

I think the same when I read the news.

And how many Scots do you see on tv? American "progressives" are the worst.

And only 13% of the USA population.
There are also several films that focus almost entirely on black people. If anything, they're over represented in TV and film.

>black woman working heavy industry job
very funeh

>there is still an alarming number of white people on TV in western countries
you guys are fucking triggering me

TOS was never really about progressive principles and high mindedness. That was TNG, dumb shits

>mfw realizing people will call it STD instead of DIS

It's pretty good market honestly, you catch "STD last night?" "You bet I did!"

Everybody but (((Kirk))) (((Spock))) McCoy and Scotty was pretty much a glorified extra in TOS tbph, except for maybe (((Chekov))), who was, of course, another a fucking (((white))) male.

I'm still holding out for the possibility that people develop confidence at some point, and we don't have to deal with this trifling nonsense anymore

If liberals had confidence, they wouldn't be liberals.

I kek'd

Why does MLK sound so based ? Why doesn't the US have people like him anymore ? I'm a bit tired of hearing about your race war in the news tbqh.

Happens all the time, we got black bitches on forklifts left and right where I work.

If MLK was still around I don't think the SJW movement would exist at all and Joss Whedon wouldn't open his mouth to say shit.

Because he had something to fight for, which was equal rights. Now that we have them, we realize that they are a good thing but they are not the magical solution to all the problems of all minorities and small communities.
So instead we now have an army of nearly brainwashed students spewing their rethorics riddle with falsehoods that fight for nothing and accuse everybody because their ennemy are undefinable "institutions" and "mentalities".

>having white skin means you're the same race

How bigoted. Come honey, don't dawdle amongst the savages.

MLK was a self-admitted communist agent and is likely a partial reason for all the racial hatred we have these days.

Our enemies are playing a game beyond comparison or scale and believing that something so subtle or contradictory forty years ago affected today in such a big way isn't so far from the truth.

>they're over represented in TV and film.
Except where it really matters.

All this "diversity" in Hollywood is just a cloud tocover up how racist Hollywood really is.

Yeah but to be fair, Sulu wasn't actually Asian, he was just a guy born in the Bay area who happened to have slit eyes.

Racism was retarded in the 60s, but that doesn't make reverse racism better.

>I just read the first line of the synopsis of TOS: the comic

goddamn this comic just proves that people don't know how bad it actually was back then.

just to have an asian, black or even women for that matter was impressive progression and the show never used it for political statements or did an episode it.

also the shows message was "fuck you, in the future your differences don't matter. we work together" and not "your differences are all that matter, we're forced to stick together"

kek, good one user

>Russian
>white

What meme is this

How is driving a forklift the same thing?

>also the shows message was "fuck you, in the future your differences don't matter. we work together" and not "your differences are all that matter, we're forced to stick together"
trips don't lie. I couldn't agree with you more. there's some dangerous, divisive psyops going on in this country right now.

>"Don't step on the toes of the dog lovers, cat lovers, doctors, lawyers, merchant chiefs, Mormons, Baptists, Unitarians, second-generation Chinese, Swedes, Italians, Germans, Texans, Brooklynites, Irishmen, people from Oregon or Mexico The bigger your market, Montag, the less you handle controversy"

Fahrenheit 451 is becoming reality

This is why no one takes progressives seriously; They can't be happy with any accomplishment and have to judge everything by their own constantly shifting standards.

Thomas Jefferson owned slaves. Was he a racist? No, he was still one of the more liberal and progressive people of his time.

Lincoln didn't think blacks should be counted the same as white people. Was he racist? No again.

You ever see the boondocks episode where he comes back to life? Should be mandatory viewing for all the black lives matter clowns

All I see is a bunch of shiftless good for nothing niggas.
and you don't want to be a nigga.. cause niggas are living contradictions..
Niggas are full of unfullfilled ambitions
Niggas watch and wait
Niggas love to complain
Niggas love to hear themselves talk but hate to explain
Niggas love being another mans judge and jury
Niggas procrastinate until it's time to worry
Niggas love to be late
Niggas hate to hurry!

I've seen what's around the corner. I've seen what is over the horizon and I promise ya.. you niggas have nothing to celebrate. And no I won't get there with ya ..
I'm going to Canada...

>This is why no one takes progressives seriously; They can't be happy with any accomplishment and have to judge everything by their own constantly shifting standards.

Yup. Liberals never lose an argument because they have no basis for their arguments... just moving goalposts.

Which is why most liberals tend to be women. Logic and rational thought processes are self defeating for them. Moving goal posts keeps the game going forever...

>SJW calls everybody who disagrees with them a racist sexist asshole
>Meanwhile they are attacking jews now

>klingon traitor.jpg
What did you mean by this?

>blacks 14% of population of United States
>16.7% of the major characters were black
?

baka @ dat white man's math. fuck dat

>black woman
>working anything besides clerk in the medical field, walmart, or fast food

Seriously, what the hell is with black woman and really shitty clerk jobs in healthcare?

Whoever made this is a fucking idiot.

You don't understand

>caring about star track

Lincoln was such a shitlord.
Everyone praises him cause he was against slavery which is obvious, but he was against giving African American's equal rights and reparations. Fucking white males.

big bang theory with the indian and the jew stereotypes

youtube.com/watch?v=2BBOWsWODX4
>In our century, we've learned not to fear words
It's a shame that future didn't come. If anything we're experiencing a regression right now.