Horrorkino

Post horrorkino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7nwMfSdlj7Y
youtu.be/WxE67mnXqi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get outta my way best opening coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=7nwMfSdlj7Y

I'd weep her willow if you know what I mean.

>The documentary-esque style of filming
>The poor camera quality
>The soundtrack is reminiscent of what an animal would hear in a slaughterhouse
>The extreme close-ups on people's eyes

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

It's just so sad its grainy as all fuck

inb4 "it's a thriller"

Blair witch is the epitome of the genre

it is, but i'll let it slide this time

Hang yourself, self-loathing child-craver. Save yourself from the pain that awaits you.

Not only is it a thriller, it's a yuppie thriller

i like it.

That's what makes the movie so realistic, it feels like watching a video, or docu more than a movie. That's part of the genius. Also, they used a camera that needed tons of light to even get a picture, and that's why it's grainy.

watch the documentary on youtube, apparently the actors werent allowed to see Gunnar Hansen in his costume until their scenes so their reactions were authentic. it was also extremely hot, no one was allowed to wash their clothes so during the dinner scene the actors were on the verge of throwing up because Gunnar smelled so bad.

Italian Horror is best Horror

this looks decent.

Fulci is a god

Who /thehaunting/ here?

If only the rest of the movie had been this good

It's a little overrated by some, but it's not bad.

This is a great movie. Great OST, too.

it's a thriller

Watching it tonight, thanks user.

>shitty American version

that's pleb-tier action, reddit

this movie was super scary when i watched it many moons ago. i don't think i was able to finish it

one of my favourites.

shame their newer movies have been mediocre a f.

I'm so fascinated with Italian horror in the 60s-80s. It was this microcosm of film form and genre cinema that will never come again

One of the best.

I still remember her speech before the execution by heart.

I've never been a fan giallo desu. Besides like Argento or Fulci, if you've seen one, you've seen them all. I know I've watched atleast a score and I can't distinctly remember a single one.

There's no one like Bava, a master of his craft

I think most giallos are dull, but the few that are truly inspired are amazing. What is your opinion of Italian Gothic Horror?

Indeed

How does one become genuinly scared by a movie? The lack of interaction and the knowledge of it all being made up makes it impossible for me.

No light except from the screen, watch it alone, be sleep-deprived and be drunk or on drugs, good surround-sound or wireless headphones, don't look for things to make fun of

post the best gialli pls

>if you've seen one, you've seen them all
That's how Italian cinema worked back in the day, it was the same for Westerns too.
For every good you got at least ten uninspired ripoffs that ranged from mediocre to terrible.

one of the goats.

Blood and Black Lace
Deep Red
Girl who knew too much
Bird with the Crystal Plumage
Five Dolls for an August Moon
Tenebrae
Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Italian horror has the best titles

Probably because half of them are written by Ernesto Gastaldi

It shows how terrible the horror genre is as a whole and how desperate horror fans are that this awful movie has been canonized as a horror classic.

Is Halloween the perfect example of why I keep a pistol in my computer desk and also in my bedside table?

I watch to watch this again, literally one of my favorite movies.

eeesh. why are you in here, again?

excellent, thanks lads

This one is definitely worth a watch.

I wanted to see what people think is 'horrorkino,' and my view that there is none was reaffirmed.

camwhore discovers Jess Franco:
youtu.be/WxE67mnXqi8

>it was fun

> 29 views
fuck off melissa you dumpy ass lookin bitch

I'm currently getting dive bombed by a bat in my room and it's pretty horrific

keep us updated user

Bat here.
user is dead.

good job batty

I was holed up in my bathroom peaking out to see the bat darting around, I rushed to the outside door, opened it, ran back to the bathroom, and after making a few more circles the bat escaped outside

You are uber-partrician my freind

Looks like you just have shit taste. Go watch some pretentious movie about oppressed fags or something

I'm fairly sure Professor Bruttenholm's appearance in Hellboy is based on the sorcerer guy

Dubs won't excuse your faggotry.

what a load of shit, the original is better

dat twist

Looks like I've seen and enjoyed every film in this thread.
Heres my suggestion:
The cremator, old czech film with a creepy protagonist, bits of dark humour and some nice b&w cinematography with a backdrop of world war II. Worth a look.

This movie is fucking terrible

The plot is so goddamned convoluted it makes absolutely no good sense

this movie is amazing for something done on a shoestring budget

No doubt. The original Halloween was also made on a similarly minuscule budget. Pretty sure it was higher than the $325,000 budget listed on Wikipedia though. Could have sworn I heard a higher number thrown around in one of the documentaries.

You'd think John Carpenter could afford to spend more money considering all the product placement in Assault on Precinct 13.

watch this for some real budget wizardry. made for $50,000 and the director never even got paid.

>no ones posted this yet

Fucking PLEBS go post about how The Pest is kino you poseurs

White zombie. IT. The forest. Lights out. American werewolf. American werewolf in Paris. Motel hell. The conjuring. The Blair witch project. 1408. Sinister. The keep. Amityville horror. #horror. Devoured. The visit. A haunting at the park hotel. Let me in. House on the hill. House on haunted hill. The exorcist. Jeepers creepers. The witch. Dread time stories. The haunting in conneticut.

The woman in black. The woman in black 2. Killer clowns from outer space. Orphan. The ring. The grudge. Saw. Insidious. The omen. Your next. Ghost ship. My guardian angel. Sinister 2. Mama. Dusk to dawn. Frankenstein. Dracula. The wolf man. The creature from the black lagoon. Cowboys vs zombies. Pride and prejudice vs zombies. Insidious 3.