Does anything compare to this already god-tier tv show?

Does anything compare to this already god-tier tv show?

>stranger things
>god-tier tv show
reddit pls go

It was good. Exceptional, maybe. But not God Tier.

>a netflix original series

list me a new show thats better

On a scale of 1-5 I would probably give it a 4 or a 3.5

what about you?

The Night Of

It was pretty great, but it's not that fucking good.

this doesn't necessarily mean it is god tier dude

it's a meme-tier show favored by reddit

This year? Shit, I dunno.
GOT was pretty shit, Daredevil season 2 was pretty meh, Penny Dreadfull was disappointing.

For contenders, The Night Of is fantastic as well, BoJack had a pretty good season, The Americans was nice as well.

What am I missing?

ST will prolly be show of the year tho

damn, netflix is stepping up

there is an answer to your question OP

3 words

Marco Polo

thinking about getting into marco polo but it looks shit

Fuck off shill.

>but it looks shit

Nope.

Anyone else see a VHS tape on the logo?

Crop it and show us, Samantha.

I don't find what you see irrational and I can probably understand why you see it, but I can't completely see it.

Stranger things made me feel like a little kid watching spooky stuff, it really captured that feeling for me.
Its not the best thing ever, but its really good and has a great feeling and atmosphere to it.

If I liked Daredevil, will I like Jessica Parker? It seems a bit dull to me.

I have nothing to do this weekend so I think I'm just going to get baked and marathon something, looking for something to fill the hole left by Stranger Things

Any suggestions Sup Forums?

No. Daredevil's the only good thing that came out of 'The Defenders'. But desu, we have to wait for the Iron Fist series.

The Knick.

One of my favorite shows actually. Either it's criminally underrated or nobody knows about it but I really don't understand how it flew so far under the radar

Iron fist might be interesting actually.
Having a super strong detective really sounds boring, though.

I wont bother with Jessica Parker then.

there is nothing better on netflix than ST atm

The first episode was literally Akira. Does this actually split off to an original story?

dis doe

netflix 'original' series mate

Its the biggest gen x nostalgia blowjob since the avengers

>hey guys what if we take super 8 and stitch carrie to it

A bunch of cliched characters in a cliched settings behind a cliched plot to vacuum up those gen x nostalgia dollars even though their decade was objectively the worst since the fucking 30s

Still comfy though and Dustin is great

Dustin tilts it to a 10/10

How does no one not see this? Its so overly cliched its boring. But I guess most people are basic bitches these days.

Twin Peaks season 1

>The Night Of
first time hearing about this
what's it like?

less like Akira, more like the Iron Giant/ET

Dunno why people are in love with the show, but it's an extremely slow paced murder mystery show with very well written characters. If you watch it make sure to watch the first episode all the way through before you make your decision on it in the first 15 minutes.

so a bit like True Detective?

RANGING is a good cunny show, so it's perfect for Sup Forums.

seconded, The Knick is absolutely incredible.

Still haven't watched season 2 , though - what's it like? I kinda loved season one so much that I didn't want to tarnish my memory of the show if the second season was mediocre (like True Detective did)

Like True Detective but the story we have so far seems much more serious in tone compared to True Detective and from what I've seen, there's not going to be all that much action going on.

South Park

I never really liked true detective because the characters never really connected with me
I'll check it out anyway though

I think this is the only show I've ever watched that is cliche-ridden every step of the way but actually executes those tropes in an excusable manner, and not even in an ironic sense.

There's probably one likable character so far in The Night Of, but there hasn't been anything to indicate that the show is going to be pretentious unlike True Detective.

i dont see the cliches

What do you think you're the only one who sees this? You think people don't see the inspirations for this series? They literally namedrop Stephen King and practically have the characters wink into the camera during it.

We just don't see this as a negative. I loved how much it felt like other movies I've loved in the past.

Ever see a Spielberg movie before? He might be a bit too underground for most people with his controversial ideas.

It feels more Elfenlied than Akira, but yeah

well said, cliches are not a negative

>tfw some faggot actually spent time out of their actual life doing this

You're on Sup Forums bub, don't throw stones in glass houses

>favored by reddit
How would you even know this?
GO BACK!

why do people keep saying this? it absolutely does NOT have that feel, it feels like a modern drama and has no nostalgic feel to it whatsoever, which makes sense since half of the fucking scenes are just generic drama shit involving >she

Fargo and Leftovers are in a class of their own this year imo

I'm yet to watch the latest season of The Americans. I'm sure it was brilliant as usual too.

Rectify is still to come.

I would say Stranger Things is the best of the rest

>3 words

Just finished episode 5. Unless some amazing ending happens this show is just passable and thats it. Also, they too copied the event horizon pen through paper

>character has to draw blood for whatever purpose
>makes a huge gash across the palm

why? there are loads of nerve endings on the palm, and now you won't be able to grip as tightly.

Why not cut the forearm or the thigh?

the things that will come to your mind while watching Marco Polo

>Now I know what people mean by "well developed characters"
>there was never a more misleading title to a Kung Fu flick
>this is so fucking awesome that I it makes me feel like I am 7 years old again

It's far easier to safely cut the hand open in comparison to ever other part of the body and cut too deep in the wrong spot could lead to death anywhere else.

the ending peaked my emotional scale, buckets were set to collect my tears

sorry

naa

>What do you think you're the only one who sees this?

of course not I'm trying to understand peoples enjoyment from it. Don't get me wrong the series is well done and I will finish it (I'm on ep5), I just find it kinda boring and not much to write home about. I guess I find refreshment as a quality I look for in movies/shows and this doesn't really have it as I'd much rather watch the original things this took the cliches from.

Why does Sup Forums have such shit taste? When will people stop talking about this show? Why can't there be a dedicated movie board separate from Sup Forums so I don't have to see such reddit opinions 24/7

What, do you want to discuss Avengers and Drive all day instead?

this, stay 'edgy' and discuss GoT then

I want to talk about actual movies. Have like a comic book movie general or something. Idk maybe have actual discussions about directors we like instead of threads like that staying at the bottom, and constant threads about meme movies and meme shows at the top.

Is this show the pinnacle of new sincerity?

>Pic related

Make your own thread and start a discussion. Change starts with you.

this is you.

Bloodline is still the best show Netflix's produced. Stranger Things is pretty good. Just make Steve the main characters next season and you've got a GOAT.

whats bloodline about?