Has absolutely no sense of pacing

>has absolutely no sense of pacing
>almost every character talks like him, and they never shut up
>inserts his foot fetish into every movie, like an undisciplined degenerate
>uses his movies as politically progressive vehicles, sucking up to stronk womyn and minorities
>probably a literal cuck

Why is he so widely praised?

I find it funnier that plebs equate him to nonstop action.

>WARM BLACK DINGUS

Truly the epitome of kinomatographique

>characters have no depth, and just shoot and swear all the time
>uses gratuitous violence to distract idiots
>steals His style and material from better lesser known films
>just makes the same movie over and over again

Why is he considered a genius again?

Because he writes great dialogue and people like those. He also makes good use of violence to the point where he can use just these 2 aspects to make people forget about the shortcomings of his films.

I like his movies but he is completely overrated and nothing that he pulled out in recent memory comes close to the greatness that were his 3 first films. Basically he's run out of steam.

Overall a 7/10 director.

You've seen and enjoyed all of his films. Desperately trying to be contrarian won't change your life. It won't make you popular or cool. Girls won't like you. You'll still be you, unfortunately.

Reservoir Dogs was really refreshing and Pulp Fiction was a genuine masterpiece. Jackie Brown is was always a very mature movie.

Since then he's been living on goodwill and shock value. He's become more immature with age and his ego is too big. That's not to say there isn't moments of brilliance in his 21st century movies, they're just lacking the humanity of his earlier films.

Eh, he made a few top-tier films early on and a bunch of good flicks later. He's a good pleb filter.

Also, anyone else think Jackie Brown was Taran-kino?

Everyone dies at the end of his movies

pretty much this

op is a faggot

Do any of these even apply to The Hateful Eight?

The fact that he has earned such wide reception in Hollywood today is enough to tell you he isn't a good director. Mediocre with the airs of art.

That Sicilian scene he directed with Walken was pretty good though

I hate how cocky he was in the director round table video. Ridley Scott one of the best film makers of all time had to sit and listen to Hackiritu and Hacktino talk about their process. fuck em

>my favorite genre film director doesn't get enough credit
>I'll criticize this other genre film director

All of them except the foot fetish part, unless I missed it.

He wrote that movie. Tony Scott directed it. Retard.

Where was the politically progressive stuff? The main character was a racist and wasn't even portrayed as being good.

I agree with everything and it all annoys me but i can get past it because you know...people are stupid by nature...but the whole..."8th film by Quentin Tarantino" is the absolute pits, as if anybody cares how many shitty replicas of the same film he's made.

BIG
BLACK
DINGUS

That's not progressive, you moron. He was exploiting the general's racism.

>Ridley Scott
>one of the best film makers

He made one good film. Literally everything besides Alien is a complete joke.

>You've seen and enjoyed all of his films.

Death Proof is one of the most unenjoyable movies I've ever seen.

Even Blade Runner? Aww.

>Black Hawk Down
>Blade Runner
>
>
>
>
>Gladiator

What?

I think his pacing's pretty good within acts, the shifts are sometimes jarring outside.
But like if you watch Inglourious Basterds, the way time seems to stop and then come rushing back during the tense scenes (intro and bar) is pretty magnificent

Jackie Brown being a great movie has a lot more to do with it being a faithful Elmore Leonard adaptation than anything.

What do people think of this fat fucker? I enjoyed Kill List

Because cool edgy violence.

True Romance. The movie with the Sicilian scene with Christopher Walken. That movie was directed by Tony Scott. Quentin Tarantino wrote the screenplay, he did not direct it.

Kill List went from GOAT hitmen movie to an absolutely awful secret cult movie.

Fuck this film got me so angry.

but it was edgy and cool