Anyone getting the feeling that Warner Brothers is intentionally hiding Jared Leto's joker because it's embarrassingly...

Anyone getting the feeling that Warner Brothers is intentionally hiding Jared Leto's joker because it's embarrassingly bad?

At first I thought that not showing the joker was a marketing ploy like cloverfield or Luke in TFA, but recently they've been releasing tons of action footage of him. They never let him actually talk. Even the Comic Con video focused exclusively on the joker didn't let him say more than 3 words in a row.

I kinda feel bad for him. You know he just wants so badly to be a respected method actor, but he's just embarrassing himself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XD_SAHvu7gU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mfw he'll end up being your favourite part of the movie

If he wants to be respected he should stop shitting up every role he gets
We know he's only cast because he's a pretty boy

>Hiding

>Articles mentioning his antics EVERY OTHER DAY
>More than half of the publicity revolves around him

>Countless clips of him released

no

I'm pretty sure they're keeping their most popular villain underwraps because he's played by a good actor and will have powerful screen prominence.

I could be wrong. But the few glimpses we've actually seen I've Leto I've genuinely found intriguing, and wanted to see more. I look forward to his portrayal in the movie.

Won't be checking it out in theaters, though. Mostly burnt out on superheros, will wait till it comes to some streaming sight the same way I did BvS; which I actually enjoyed. I've only seen the ultimate cut, though, so can't comment on theatrical version.

He's got an Oscar. Will the movie suck? Maybe. But I'm not worried about Leto in it at all...basically

His role is not even that big in the movie. And he is everywhere.

Wtf are you talking about

like angel face in fight club
and that guy with dubs guy
and the crackhead in requiem for a dream

when will he get a serious role.

>Won't be checking it out in theaters, though. Mostly burnt out on superheros

>movie has batman for three minutes

It's because the rest of his scenes involve him being Robin which is still """secret."""

Or Nemo fucking Nobody.

>tfw we heard his joker laugh and it sounds like Wario

To be honest I love that clip of him throwing the smoke grenade and yelling "BUH BYE!"

I don't think actors should be required to cold read for auditions (particularly theatrical auditions). We're here to act and portray a character, not read off sides ripped from the script out of context. We're not here to read, but to be a character and present our unique perspective of that character. I'm not complaining and I understand cold reading has its "purpose". But it leaves no room for improvisation or character exploration because the actor is so deemed to focus if he's reading the lines right. How can one live truthfully in the moment when IN THE MOMENT we are reading a paper off the top!!!?????!!!!???? Sorry that's just me ranting because I have an audition for a play called The Crossover for the lead but am required to cold read for the part. That's just MY opinion on cold reading and many of you might differ.

Joker has a small role so probably they already use all his scenes. In fact, WB/DC must be regretting not making the Joker into the main villain because he's the only character people give a shit about

>Joker has a small role

this

I thought he was great in lord of war.

But yea I want to tongue his boipussy.

Dallas Buyers Club?

Jesus fucking christ you already started a thread for this off topic shit like 10 minutes ago you fucking faggot. By the way this site is for people 18+

>Nemo fucking Nobody
i'll check that,

That wasn't even me bro
check your privilege you bastardo

>being this cancerous
please fuck right off

The movie is already tested to be the flop of the decade so they're just trying to bury the whole project at this point

It's still capeshit and you know it.

would Marilyn Manson be a good joker?

source you fucking lying faggot? becuase it won't even be the biggest flop of the year.

>no no no, theyre the bad guys see
fuck off they're still superheroes

its got a 15 certificate in the uk, but its not got the obvious adult themes like deadpool has, so i cnat see it doing that well over here

thats some autistic logic

>adult themes like deadpool

what? like DUDE CANCER LMAO

It's going to be this generation's Battlefield Earth, the studio is literally running away from it to cut their losses.

you don't know what the fuck you're talking about please shut up

He won an Oscar? Fuck me. I only know him from 30STM

i think you mean

HOMBRE EL CANCERO LMAO

Jared leto looks too generic, I find it hard to tell who he is as he has nothing really unique about him

Memes aside he'll define the role. Ledger was good as an anarchist hobo villain, but not really the joker.

When he had less than a second of screentime in their final trailer I knew his performance was fucked.

Kind of ironic really. I've always respected Leto as an actor until this point, and when he was announced I figured he'd be able to pull it off. Then the more I started seeing him in the part the less I was liking. This final trailer really sealed the deal for me, even more than the Damaged tattoo. WB was obviously ashamed of his presence to give him a combined half-second of screentime.

For comparison, Ledger's joker was often used specifically to sell the movie, and that spoke volumes for WB's confidence in the performance. More irony, I was extremely doubful when Ledger was cast, and then he grew on me the more I saw him, and ultimately did a good job.

Honestly, from the first three trailers, the only thing that looks bad is Robbie's try-hard Harley Quinn

Will Smith and Leto look pretty good as does the supporting cast

youtu.be/XD_SAHvu7gU

i hate how jared letos joker looks but he is a talented actor. I think he'll do his own thing and while the character might be kind of shitty his performance will be great.

You want to stick your tongue in his asshole you mean? You fucking degenerate faggot. Get off my board.

His wacky "method acting" sounds a lot like WB publicity to keep people interested. Even more so when everybody else in the cast started doing the same thing (Jai Courtney watching snuff films and burning himself, Killer Croc's actor listening to convicted cannibal interviews, etc). It's also pretty obvious this Joker's based on Morrison's retardedly edgy iteration of the character.

My guess is he'll perform the character well, but the character itself is gonna be very shitty and unlikable.

it was an adult film, i havent seen it but that was the big selling point was that it was an r-rated superhero film. suicide squad hasn't had a similar marketing strategy, so when it gets a 15 in the uk kids wont be able to see it and some adults may not want to

This. So far Ghostbusters has that honor, thanks to Feig blurting out "Sony wants 500 million dollars or my career is ruined". It'll top out at 122 mil domestic, if it's lucky.

From what ive seen i dont like it.
Leto seems incredibly forced and Ham Fistedly goofy in terms of trying to creep us out and unnerve us while the last two Jokers especially Heath's felt natural. Nicholson's Joker was just him turning up jack to 11 while Heath inhabited a character he created to such a degree you cant really see Heath on screen when hes acting. Even his facial expressions when he has no dialogue and no make up on convey a completely different person.

They have shown enough of Letos joker that you get where they are going with the character and it seems lame.

This

Homos aren't welcome here.