/who/ - Doctor Who General

Planet of Fire edition but for real this time.

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/jenna-coleman-doctor-who-clara/
dailymotion.com/video/xd69tk_scream-of-the-shalka-1-bolum-doctor_shortfilms
youtube.com/watch?v=5N69GVemhHs
obsev.com/entertainment/joss-whedon-would-only-write-doctor-who-if-doctor-becomes-woman.html
twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/758980466863054848
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh my god. She's reaching new levels of...

Look at her fucking feet. Pure sex. I NEED to see her soles.

She looks like a yeoman for captain archer.

At least try to keep it Doctor Who related m8

collider.com/jenna-coleman-doctor-who-clara/

then again /who/ is flatlining so I guess you could do worse than a shitpost

what happen to last thred?

>tfw your waifu's literally perfect.

Until the new seasons out there's not much to talk about so is there really a surprise?

Idk

I want to get into the Sixth Doctor in audios...any good place to start? I've heard Colin/pie lord is a goat audio Doctor alongside McGann

The One Doctor
Doctor Who and the Pirates
Holy Terror
Peri and the Piscon Paradox

Link to last thread?

Listen to all the Evelyn audios. I've just uploaded the first dozen or so to the Faction Mega.

Jubilee

Isn't Jubilee what Dalek is based upon? I see that it's by the same writer.

There's a lot of differences but yeah.

Know what needs to happen for Doctor Who to be good again?

Clara. Clara needs to die.

But not just die. No, Clara needs to be killed because of The Doctor. It has to be his fault that she dies.

But she's not really dead is she? She jumped into the TARDIS, remember?

Every single episode. Every single adventure. Clara's ghost haunts The Doctor. Literally. Always saving his life. Always there for him when he needs him most. But always dying at the last possible moment. He can never save her. He must watch her die, over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

And The Doctor vows never to take another Companion again. And he doesn't. For a whole season. A dark, violent season. The Doctor's Dark Age.

But The Doctor encounters a baby. Orphaned because of his own deeds. And The Doctor saves him. Finds him a home. Then leaves him.

But The Doctor can't leave him alone. He comes back, seven years later. The baby has grown into a child. And The Child joins The Doctor on an adventure. The first heartwarming journey we have seen after a whole season of death. But The Child returns to his family after the adventure. He is not a Companion in the traditional sense. But he is an anchor for The Doctor. The only light he has anymore.

Remember, all the while, The Doctor is still watching Clara die. Every episode, she dies for him.

The Doctor returns again, seven more years later. The Child is a teenager. He joins the Doctor again, for another uplifting journey.

And thus it continues. The Doctor returns, every seven years. The Child grows older, matures, becomes wiser, with each adventure. And slowly, through The Child, The Doctor learns to forgive himself. He comes to terms with Clara's death. And he finally lets her go.

And the season ends, with the death of The Child, an old man, happy and satisfied with his life, and joyful for all the adventures he had with The Doctor.

I just found some weird fan audios that are horrific.

>Know what needs to happen for Doctor Who to be good again?
>Clara. Clara needs to die.
I didn't read past here. How would bringing back Clara yet again improve the show? The show is moving on.

Are you going to share with the rest of us?

Are they about tupperware?

Killed by the curse of the dead girl.

was enterprise worth watching? I kind of lost interest during voyager and never got around to it.

Search on Google "Floorten Doctor Who Jubilee" and it's the first result. Listen to bits of episode one.

Dunno.

Dead Fred

Enterprise>Voyager imo, but what do I know.
It's kind of a slow start iirc, and starts to really hit it's mark in the later seasons.

So I'm listening to an audio with the Monk and everyone keeps calling him the Monk. Does he just dress as a monk all the time? Why?

Because writers are not the brightest bulbs in the lightbulb socket.

I'm glad Moffat didn't do anything remotely resembling this.
>And he doesn't. For a whole season. A dark, violent season. The Doctor's Dark Age.
Ignoring the impracticability and banality of that, Heaven Sent said more important things about grief in one episode than this entire multi-season plan manages.

Also, even Moffat gets how played out 'woman dies so man can angst about it' is at this point (let alone, repeated fractally for two entire seasons until it becomes the sole function of the character), hence why these days he emphatically rejects it.

I won't deny the aging companion is an interesting gimmick. It's something that would make more sense for a novel than the TV show though, because leaving them for 7 years between episodes doesn't really foster the kind of journey the TV audience takes with the incumbent companion, and it would hinder the accessibility of the character if they're effectively transformed by the passing of time every episode.

It's his thing.

sounds like I might as well give it a shot. I didn't even hate voyager it just wasn't must watch for me.

I was trying to read this 4th doctor novel but the gareth meme is actually distracting my attention. I might have to wait until the meme dies.

>Also, even Moffat gets how played out 'woman dies so man can angst about it' is at this point (let alone, repeated fractally for two entire seasons until it becomes the sole function of the character), hence why these days he emphatically rejects it.
what

that's literally what happened. a woman died and the central plot of two episodes was him being angsty over it. just because she was revived in the end doesn't somehow magically mean moffat didn't use the trope

b8

when did /who/ die?

>just because she was revived in the end doesn't somehow magically mean moffat didn't use the trope
If the character continues to have a meaningful existence in the story, as a character rather than merely a corpse (or a spoopy ghost I guess), most of the shit aspects of the trope are negated. Clara is not a character whose ultimate purpose was just to be dead.

That's silly. Her not permanently dying is a pretty small improvement on the trope. Far from "emphatically rejecting" it, at least. A woman death was still used as motivation for the male lead.

And it probably has more to do with Moffat's inability to let characters die than some sort of reaction to something sexist. Oh actually maybe he is aware of it. Maybe that's why he got a woman to write Clara's death? So he couldn't be accused of anything there.

>Her not permanently dying is a pretty small improvement on the trope
Nonsense. The big problem of the trope isn't just 'using it for motivation'. There is very little actually inherently wrong with that. The problem is that it reduces characters (predominantly women) to flesh commodities and in killing them off, subtracting them from the story, it denies them subjectivity. But if your story is actually still about what that character is going through, what's the problem?
Clara didn't just abruptly pop back to life as a footnote, she returned in full as a character for a significant chunk of the final episode, went through conflicts and decisions, and ultimately came to a constructive resolution in which she not only survived, but carved out a new life for herself.

Anyway a much better case of Moffat deliberately throwing the trope out is Scandal in Belgravia, which spends the entire last 10 or so minutes pretending to play it more and more seriously, before completely pulling the rug out from underneath and doing something incredibly silly instead.

>Scandal in Belgravia
That's a pretty bad example. Moffat took a character whose defining trait was that she managed to best the great Sherlock Holmes and changed it so that Sherlock won. The silly bit with the execution at the end is not much of a consultation, especially considering it's basically Sherlock saving the woman tied to the railroad tracks.

>Nonsense. The big problem of the trope isn't just 'using it for motivation'. There is very little actually inherently wrong with that. The problem is that it reduces characters (predominantly women) to flesh commodities and in killing them off, subtracting them from the story, it denies them subjectivity. But if your story is actually still about what that character is going through, what's the problem?
That's Philip!

Reminder

95 full pedo mode

Could I get some (you)'s, buds?

Hi you.

Well since (you) asked nicely.

As (You) wish

(You)

This is my favorite anime.
dailymotion.com/video/xd69tk_scream-of-the-shalka-1-bolum-doctor_shortfilms

She always does that leg cross thing when in pictures, it's something so fucking cute that she does ugh.

In other news judoon are pretty cool.

Thanks.

don't know if comfy is the word i'd use but I really like watching Planet of Fire. Kamelion has something to do, there are Turlough shenanigans, the Master has a different motivation than usual, he wears a sharp new suit, Davison doesn't wear the coat, the location is cool and there's a nice guest cast. Definitely the Fifth Doctor story I enjoy watching the most.

>Davison doesn't wear the coat
He had that nice floral waistcoat for a bit, tho

If not for Peri this is the single most gayest story in Who

Day /who/ is infinitely better than night /who/ and there's nothing you can do about it.

Seems convenient too as Midnight to 8am (UK time) is full of shit so I miss it all. Americans being retarded as always.

After I posted this I legit matched with a super hot girl on tinder that does the leg cross thing.

Name of the Doctor isn't very good, in my opinion. I was never a big fan of it but I just watched it for the second time and a lot of the dialogue/acting feels off and in general feels pretty uninspired. Regardless, for some reason I still well up at stupid stuff like Jenny "dying" (both times) and it still leaves me feeling vaguely hyped for Hurt's Doctor.

Which Doctor/ companion pairing does /who/ think is cutest?

>30 years old
i refuse to believe this

Ace / 7
Clala / 12
Clara / 11
Amy / 11

_T
TQT
_T

Block 1 filming has ended. Sarah Dollard's episode starts filming on Monday.

Jenna fags are disgusting

I win ;)

Jennafags are Class

How did you get his snapchat?

Looks older in 97 than he does now

Reading DWM's interview with Moffat....he likened Heaven Sent as also serving as a commentary on what it's like to showrun the series.

It's the same as his Twitter

>ywn cuddle with Fady

Why live?

Any more context to that? I don't see the metaphor.

youtube.com/watch?v=5N69GVemhHs

Why cant she just talk normally?

I'll never believe another picture like this from them again.

He was talking about punching in the diamond wall, "you kill yourself doing it (the show), you get up, and you start again"

Severe autism

Maybe they DID take a selfie. Doesn't change anything.

Why do their hair look nothing like when they're filming? Peter looks like he's most half his hair.

Where's that from?

obsev.com/entertainment/joss-whedon-would-only-write-doctor-who-if-doctor-becomes-woman.html

I assume people are aware of this but it's so hilariously bad that I'm posting it anyway

>implying we want him to wrote for Doctor Who
The guy's lost every single bit of imagination he had.

That's kind of brutal. He should have quit earlier.

Radio Times

In other news, filming on Block One (Episodes 1 and 2) has finished
twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/758980466863054848

DWM also said Moff's last episode is the 2017 Christmas special and that he's not intending to go out like RTD did, as he's, at the moment, not intending to write out Capaldi.

Moffat lies and Capaldi is leaving. The same thing happened with Smith - he confirmed he was doing S8, then a few weeks later it was announced he was leaving.

I'm listening to Classic Doctors, New Monsters.
The Davison story was pretty nice, nothing mindblowing but the angels were handled surprisingly well.
I'm halfway through Colin's story, it's got a bit of Elephant Man in it, and I don't think it would have fit any other Doctor ; in other words, it's everything I hoped it would be.
I hope they don't fuck up the rest though.

Nice, glad to see you're enjoying it, if at least one more is good I'll buy it at some point

>Posing as if you are doing selfie when you are clearly filmed outside your reach with both hands visible

Does this make sense to anyone?

Your sentence doesn't make sense.

How did they do the Angels? Was it really just "Doctor, it moved! Doctor, now it's over here! Aargh!"

What is your favourite bit of Doctor Who outside the TV show and Audios?

Competition is now between The Blood Cell and Engines of War, so Blood Cell, I guess.

Pictures of Jenna

Timewyrm: Revelation.

>"Doctor, it moved! Doctor, now it's over here! Aargh!"
To be honest, that doesn't sound quite so different from how it is in the show.

I guess one of the books.

>that doesn't sound quite so different from how it is in the show.
Generally the show can cut out most of that by actually showing you where it's moved to.

/who/
image macro not directed at you just havent seen this meme posted in forever.

PHUCKING GOAT TRAILER

>Moffat lies and Capaldi is leaving. The same thing happened with Smith - he confirmed he was doing S8, then a few weeks later it was announced he was leaving.
Smith evasivly said he's doing something next year and never said anything about actual series