What are your thoughts on Data?

What are your thoughts on Data?
Also: Star Trek thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

trekcore.com/blog/2016/07/cbs-says-star-trek-discovery-is-already-profitable-ahead-of-production/
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/The_Naked_Now_(episode)&ved=0ahUKEwjv8o3_kZnOAhUGVT4KHUAeCuwQFggmMAM&usg=AFQjCNENUVQsmPiVn-GzIO6TDFmsKnCVBA&sig2=_9qeflM1-R6LChjh-B4Pbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's a cool guy.

second-best notSpock behind Odo

Why the fuck was he given a functioning dick?!

To reproduce with. I never understood why he bothered to construct Lal when by his own admission he was fully functional.

It worked, but didn't have semen.

He was great, but he was overused at the expense of other characters.

m8, he's tied with spawk.

That's just the movies.

Oh so it's only partially functional? Nah, Data doesn't lie. He even emphasized the word fully. His android penis ejaculates life-giving semen, confirmed by Data's statement.

The dick was fully functional. He never said anything about his semen. Also, in the episode where he creates a daughter, he even says he can never truly reproduce. If he does have semen, it's synthetic.

Data never said the phrase "fully functional," much less emphasized the word fully.

He said it in First Contact.

was it rape?

He's fully functional and anatomically correct.

This means his semen works btw

He fucking says he cannot reproduce. This is why he makes a synthetic daughter. You fucking mong.

FULLY

ERECT

He's an absolute asshole in real life, but I love the character.

The primary purpose of a penis and ballsack is reproduction, so when a boy scout android says that his golden meat and veg are F U L L Y functional I'm pretty sure that means that his semen must work.

That's all and well, but in the fucking show he cannot reproduce.

Spinner is a fucking fantastic actor and was outstanding in TNG, however in real life he's such a massive shithead that you wouldn't ever believe someone like him could be a professional.

Literally shows up to Trek cons for the money and then refuses to talk to anyone about star trek.

He's a literal bojack horseman.

In the show as well as the movies, his penis and balls are fully functional. That means working semen. The Offspring doesn't make much sense considering this established fact, but many things in Star Trek don't make sense. Why didn't Janeway just go home after Threshold? Why didn't Data use his potent ejaculate to create a child? Why not use transporter traces as a fountain of youth? All of these are mysteries, but it doesn't change the solid fact that Data's semen works

He has android semen, which can only get an android pregnant.

He's not organic. Therefore he cannot produce organic semen. How fucking stupid are you?

Neatly explains the creation of Lal

Faggot playing a robot.

Could they use replicator/transporter technology to create an army of Datas?

According to the new jjtrek the viewscreen is a window and not a screen and you can go to warp without your deflector dish.

are the jem'hadar niggers in space

More like legionnaires

2016: The Year of Overproduced Fanfiction

They could but making transporter copies is haram and that would be slavery anyway.

That's exactly why he created Lal. His dick was fully functional, but there was no fully functional female android counterpart. So he had to build his own daughterfu first, if you catch my drift.

>it's a the crew realizes Data is smarter than the computer so they hook him up to run the ship's functions and the first thing he does is take control of the holodeck and shoot Worf episode

Those faggots who stabbed Picard are the niggers of space. You just know he wrote a rap about taking on the man by bustong a sta, flee foo.

PLAY DOM JOT HOOMAN?

>noble race subdued into violent aggressive behavior by a dependence on narcotic substances perpetrated on them by their own government
Yes, they unfortunately are the African Americans of space

I refuse to believe that who ever designed the Idris Elba bad guy in the new nu-trek film didn't ripoff the Jem'hadar design.

#NausicaanLivesMatter

PLAY DABO, GO-YIM?

I'd think he vapes

That's tongo, you shyster ferengi!

Could a Ferengi jew a jew?

She still looks good, just like Kira.

And Ezri

>Computer, Smart Blur, Radius 20!

watching ds9 for the first time but i'm getting tired of these filler episodes in the first season

can i skip them and just watch the good ones or should i watch every single episode?

Yes. Show gets better in season 2 and it really gets going in season 3

Why do extras in Star Trek, whenever sitting down and talking, always get right up after saying their lines and walk away? There's no closing statements, they just stand up and leave after saying their piece.

>profit and lace
>AWFUL

What a bigot

>tfw remembering watching The Stranger

I fucking cried like a bitch desu, I lost my dad 9 years ago ;_;

>tfw watching Sanctuary and being reminded of the refugee crisis in Europe

This was so far ahead of its time

>everyone complains about how racist Code of Honor is
>no one complains about Up The Long Ladder

#PaddyLivesMatter

Except the refugees in europe aren't going to turn out to have skills and knowledge that europe needs and really are just smelly, obnoxious, fuckwits who at best will contribute nothing and at worst will start murdering the locals.

....How were the Skreeans not the same? They were going to murder Nog if Quark hadn't stepped in. Sure they were farmers, but we don't know how good they were. They might have been shitty

Not my list and I agree with you

That shit rends your fucking soul man

> (OP)
>He's an absolute asshole in real life
Source?

You can create an army of anyone with Transporters but they would probably consider it immoral, I doubt replicators could copy Data as the positronic energy in his neural net wouldn't copy, so even if everything else can be replicated (which is unlikely or Maddox would have done it) then you'd get a braindead robot body.

They could use that for immortality via consciousness transfer though, as in The Schizoid Man, the information on how to do it is in the Enterprise's computer banks.

>We also struck a significant international deal with Netflix for ‘Star Trek,’ licensing our new series ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ to 188 Netflix countries around the world – virtually everywhere but North America.

>In addition, we licensed all 727 previous episodes of our ‘Star Trek’ library. Plus, we struck a similar deal with Bell Media for Canada.

>As a result, ‘Star Trek: Discovery,’ our new series, is profitable – and we haven’t even begun production.

>Going forward, obviously, we’re doing thirteen episodes initially with ‘Star Trek,’ we are fairly certain – although we haven’t done one day of production – that the series is gonna go on for a while.

trekcore.com/blog/2016/07/cbs-says-star-trek-discovery-is-already-profitable-ahead-of-production/

i hope this isn't a monkey's paw

Post yfw Data is dead

>january MMXVII
>expanse s2
>star trek: discovery
>american gods
>lovecraft anthology series
>deadwood film

Where did it all go so right brehs?

A really cool guy that was the initiator for most of the philosophical conversations that make Star Trek so good. A great character played perfectly.

Sadly Spiner's such a diverse talented character actor and no doubt was quickly bored that after a certain point Data is never really Data anyway. Always possessed malfunctioning or Lore.

Frankly he was a complete liability by the late seasons.

Oh anybody got that DS9 rap album pasta around?

Interesting at times, but was inconsistent in the name of the plot. Sometimes, he seemed perfectly fine interacting with people, other times he was a full blown sperglord who couldn't understand the concept of a joke. Whatever they needed to be able to teach him a lesson for the sake of the plot.

Any "Data is possessed and is not Data" or "Brent Spiner convinces the writers to let Data act as someone else in the holodeck" episodes are automatic skips for me.

>significant international deal
>licensing
>we struck a similar deal

kikes don't see any irony in this.

how can you like star wars and use such hateful language?

>lovecraft anthology series
hmm?

Yeah, I saw a short video interview with him(cannot remember source) regarding upcoming ST:DSC. The host asked him if he would consider making an appearance. Spiner laughed and said, "If the money was right." Or something to that effect.

Watch them, get a feel for life on the station. See where everyone is coming from before you see where they are going.

Why are Vorta women so damn hot?

So he could eventually engage in human relationships and learn the human condition, including what it takes to satisfy a woman sexually.

One day, I too, shall know.

But the A Fist Full of Datas is amazing

Apart from a lack of psychic powers, he's a superior being. He's stronger, faster, among the most resilient and out of all, smarter than any humanoid apart from perhaps the deity like entities that often just appear in humanoid form.

not because of Brent Spiner

Whatever you say, I guess it was just the original concept of the safety being off on the holodeck. Datas character had little to do with the episode.

Nice, someone saved my high res screen cap of this episode :)

that's not canon.

They never went to warp without their dish, it was something that they wanted to do as a last resort.
They were also inside an asteroid field, so I dont know why they even considered going to warp.

I'm sure they can pop in to warp for a split second without a reflector dish.

>it's a data learns to tap dance episode

nausicaans are based but that looks like leatherface

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/The_Naked_Now_(episode)&ved=0ahUKEwjv8o3_kZnOAhUGVT4KHUAeCuwQFggmMAM&usg=AFQjCNENUVQsmPiVn-GzIO6TDFmsKnCVBA&sig2=_9qeflM1-R6LChjh-B4Pbg

>"Brent Spiner convinces the writers to let Data act as someone else in the holodeck"
Or "Brent Spiner convinces the movie writers to let him sing show tunes."

>Spiner laughed and said, "If the money was right."

Which he followed up with, "I'm just kidding, of course I would."

Damage control

Brent Spiner is a cunt but he plays Data actually plays as an emotionless robot.

Unlike Spock in the new films who shows more emotion in 12 frames than your average human does in a week