Recommend some comedy sci-fi/fantasy

Something funny that doesn't take itself too seriously.

your dick, dumbmazouzposter

Galaxy Quest.

The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy

This.

"There is hardly a thing in this world you can trust, not men, not women, not beasts. But this sword- this you can trust."

It's awful but it's fun.
Read the book.
I know you won't read a book.
you'd rather shitpost on Sup Forums

I hate Herbert's prose so fucking much. God, fuck Dune

15 year old Tom Cruise fights Tim Curry Satan.

gtfo, faggot

I may be fonder of it because I read it for my freshman sci-fi class.
After reading Enders Game.
So the competition it had in my mind was fucking Enders Game.
It's a pretty stiff read and theres a reason that he could never manage something as interesting plot wise again.

Reading Heinlein's Starship Troopers makes the movie way better. The movie is a parody of its own source material.

I did try it, but I didn't feel like dedicating an unnecessarily long amount of time in the glossary just to understand what the hell everyone was talking about, so I read Gone with the Wind instead. Dune (1984) was pretty shit but it kept me entertained.

I'm not sure why you spoilered that.
But I saw Dune when I was a kid. And read it as a teenager- so I didn't need the glossary to tell me what all the made up fantasy nonsense words are.

Star Trek Beyond is cool. Pretty shots, unusual action set pieces, a no frills plot, and good characters. I recommend it even if you don't like Star Trek. I'm not a fan of 90s Trek.

Cloud Atlas is a really ambitious idea that stumbles repeatedly.

Watch Demolition Man.

Does that mean you're a fan of 60s/00s Trek?

Yeah I saw that opening night, but some woman a few seats down coughed loud every two minutes and that shit just pulls me right out of it. Glad people seem to like it though.

I consider Enterprise to be 90s Trek. Don't get me wrong- I get why it's good. TNG is full of great ideas. But having good ideas doesn't give you an excuse to be boring. The run time feels padded out in every episode. I haven't tried to watch DS9 but I've heard it's different from everything else.
But yeah 60s Trek has a brisker pace and doesn't masturbate on itself as much as TNG does.
Reign of Fire is a Mad Max style post apocalypse that was caused by fire-breathing Dragons in stead of nukes.

Brazil is a dystopian sci-fi about how horrible paperwork is. Terry Gilliam of Monty Python wrote it.

You have to watch THE FINAL CUT of Blade Runner.
The theatrical cut has important chunks of story cut out and has Harrison Ford narrating over everything. And I mean everything- he just won't shut the fuck up it's horrible.

There is no description that can prepare you for Zardoz.

your highness
spaceballs
unicorn city
that other movie with dinkledge and LARPing
GotG
Message from Space
Barbarians
Hell Comes to Frog Town
She-Wolves of the Wasteland

Three of my top 5 films.

I don't get all the hate for the Lynch/DeLaurentis adaptation. The esoteric factions (especially the Mentats, Brad Dourif is excellent), atmosphere, and ensemble cast in that version are top-shelf throughout.

honestly, my RLM thread was deleted but this kike loving pedo's threads are forever sacrosanct?

FUUUUUKKKK YOUUUUU MODDDDDSSSS