So how is the Demagorgon related to the Upside Down...

So how is the Demagorgon related to the Upside Down? Is it an entity spawned from it or is it just a literal alien from another planet which inhabits it after contact with it through the lab?

Other urls found in this thread:

getyarn.io/yarn-clip/21229013-5481-44d2-991c-8cfc0091ee4e
youtu.be/uI1XDWFdXZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do you autists have to have a detailed explanation of where everything comes from, or why something is placed at a certain angle on a table.

It's just there because it's there. I don't fucking ask why birds live in trees and fish in water.

Just accept that it is in the Upside Down and move one.

>Is it an entity spawned from it

I gathered that was it, and that it was just the only entity they had contact with.

Seeing as this season was L I T E R A L L Y a combination of It, Stand by Me, and The Mist, which Stephen King books do you hope next season is an amalgamation of?

you forgot fire starter

So what happened in the end? The men in black took the sheriff away in a car, but in the next scene he's back in town like normal.

Did they detain him?
Was he working with them?

>Not having any imagination, curiosity, or drive for discovery
Sounds like a boring life.

IMO, the monster is an extra-dimensional creature and not an extra-terrestrial.

In terms of how it came to be in the Upside-Down, there's really not enough information. Some ideas I like are:

1) The Upside-Down was originally a shapeless and formless shadow dimension. Only with contact from Eleven did it start to take a mirror form of our dimension. As for the monster, it too was formless until Eleven observed it and gave it the shape and function it has. Until contact was made, it was just a predatory entity that lived in the shadow dimension.

2)The Upside-Down is a dark reflection of our dimension so it stands to reason that the monster is also a dark reflection of an inhabitant of our dimension. It could have grown from another psychic or from Eleven herself. Alternatively, it was a human/creature that somehow got transported to the Upside-Down and mutated into the monster it is now.

DUDE
80s
LMAO

no, the Upside Down is literally our world but upside down. It couldn't have been created or altered, and i think you're placing a little too much significance on Eleven. It's obvious she "opened" it, but apart from that she's irrelevant.

Has no one here played or watched silent hill? Because that is essentially what it was, the last scene with will noticing the worlds merging didn't give it away that this was silent hill the series?

Also eleven is aya brea from parasite eve

how were the worlds merging? just cause he had a flashback?

I always considered that the Upside Downs was a place that we discovered by tampering with Eleven's powers.

That pitch-black Limbo is the inside of her mind, where she first saw The Gorg, and by trying to locate it like she did with other people, she opened up the gate to the Upside Down.

While the Demagorgon was hatched from an Alien as fuck egg, it's still an entity spawned from it, I think.

I think 1) is pretty likely, that was how I interpreted it in the show. Really it only makes sense for the Upsidedown to be recently formed because it has all the same buildings as our dimension, so unless buildings just start springing up as we build them on our side it wouldn't make sense.

It wasn't a flashback, he was in the bathroom and it changed to the other world for a split second with bathroom sink and mirror still there

They didn't have a direct reference from the 80s to rip off so they didn't bother explaining it.

Because he is now the flea. Able to traverse the trapeze. The worlds aren't "merging" he is now aware of the parallel or "upside down". This was all clearly explained by the science teacher

This.

Monster lived in his own world. Had no idea our world existed. He could go between worlds, but had no idea ours existed.

Likewise, Eleven lived in her own world. She could go between worlds, but had no idea the monster's existed.

Then, one day, Eleven became aware of the monster's world and found it. She "touched" it and the monster became aware of Eleven's/our world and found not just Eleven, but the rest of us.

It's fucking silent hill m8

Ur silent hill bruv

I just finished beating my dick, god damnit.

Because if we didn't we'd still be living in the stone age.

What is Silent Hill?

I've seen a theory that suggests Eleven accidentally created the Demagorgon with her powers.

I don't watch Stranger Things though, and thus have no idea who Eleven is or what a Demagorgon is, so don't expect me defend this theory at all.

Real question is is who the fuck is that Russian in the upside down?

This isn't a theory, it's (in a way) literally what happens.

Because they were forcing her to push her psychic abilities to the limit, she found/created the creature accidentally and then allowed it to enter out world.

Wtf are you on? Since when does telekenesis alter reality

My theory: It's an infected human from another dimension (A parallel dimension in which the worms have taken over the earth?). The worms that we see in the last episode attached themselves to a human and basically morphed them into a hunter, so it could bring new pray/sustenance to them.

Probably some dignitary or KGB person. The first guy El spied on was reading some shit like launch codes or whatever

Eleven is Nana mixed with Lucy from elfen lied.

Even her name is a reference to it.

All she did was phone call the other dimension, the doorway was already there

>The first guy El spied on was reading some shit like launch codes or whatever
He was another scientist in the lab reading random words.

Some interpret the monster as a reflection of Eleven's emotions after dealing with her torture and her defeating the monster was only a matter of facing her fears. And stuff. It baffles me how anyone can believe themselves completely right about the rules within the show, though.
> That's not how telekinesis works. Obviously an alien.

Did he actually do anything wrong?

Think about what you just typed and posted.

He makes my waifu scared and hurt so fuck him

Hang on, my dad works for Netflix. I'll get him to ask the Duffer brothers.

>it is all these things, just like everything else is all something else
>that really pisses me off for some reason

>El refuses to kill a cat
>lock her up in a dark closet
That being said, Although I'm guessing that he is, I wonder if he was the top dog at Hawkins Lab. Would be interesting if he legitimately cared for Eleven but couldn't do anything because he was under the command of someone else in terms of how to treat her.

>Papa wants the best for El
>but the government won't let him

I think Papa Brenner was considering writing her up as a failure until she killed those guards.

>20 threads in the catalog for this utterly mediocre kid show
so Sup Forums is literally full of brain damaged high schooler. who would have thought?

>Sup Forums is brain damaged after all!
First week here?

>utterly mediocre

sometimes i wonder if people on this board find enjoyment in anything whatsoever

He tried to catch the son of the bitch who killed Harvey Dent instead of some robbers

>getyarn.io/yarn-clip/21229013-5481-44d2-991c-8cfc0091ee4e

The only thing they like are

>rare films from 1935-67 directed by a literal WHO with a subpar storyline and random fuzzy landscape shots which do literally nothing for the film

They're the people who like shitposting for being shitposting. Take that as you will.

>Did they detain him?
>Was he working with them?

Sheriff: Am I being detained!? I know my rights!!!!!!ยก

MiB: No, we just want to ask you a few question.

Sheriff: Am I free to go?

MiB: .....

Speaking of this its clear that the creature had a life-cycle of some sort (what with all the bodies cocooned up and the eel down will's throat).
So it must have other life-forms around the place, or it only came into existence recently. There's no way it could've functioned as a predatory beast in isolation.

I just think that maybe food is so scarce or the mirror world is so desolate that its discovery of human life is a goddamn goldmine to it, coupled with its seemingly innate ability to tear through dimensions at will.

But then why did the monster start grabbing people and shoving them full of slug larvae.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a mirrored behaviour in Eleven (inb4 ITS A DICK)

This is the exact plot of an episode of X-Men Evolution.

Because humans naturally find unknown or mysterious things interesting.
Its the reason we've got so far as a species.

Those experiment with Eleven scenes are quite similar to that episode of Cowboy Bebop.
Do you think they borrowed some ideas from it?

it really reminded me of Akira

OFFICIAL list of movies that st rips off
>akira
>et
>silent hill
>stand by me

also why did the sheriff put the food into the box in the wood? also why did that whore nancy stayed with the chad?

its the exact plot of a ton of things, going all the way back to Flatland. Everything that deals with multiple dimensions beyond ours ends up back at flatland.

Reminded me of Elfen Lied

Yeah the life cycle reveal is interesting.

Before finishing the series, I imagined that the monster was a solitary predator that reproduces asexually. The offspring then just kill each other until there's one left and the cycle just continues. With the discovery of humanity, I predicted that there would be a plot reveal that the monster is now able to reproduce and grow its numbers with humanity as its prey instead of each other.

Didn't pan out exactly in the way I thought, but it seemed to imply something similar. I wasn't expecting the monster to use humans to incubate or whatever it was doing to Will.

With that in mind, it's like then that there could be a multitude of creatures in other areas because it evolved this kind of reproductive ability.

>egg
We're not even sure if the monster was spawned from that egg or if the egg was spawned by the monster indicating that there is another creature lurking around. The thing that came out of the egg might not even be the same kind of species, as it was implied with Will that the monster needs live bodies to incubate its larvae. Unless of course the larvae transforms into an egg in order to morph into the adult monster.

Remember that the monster never went out and hunted for people. It stayed in one central area and killed people who were close by and injured. It was less a predator and more of a caretaker for the slugs.

From a video game. From my understanding of the game, he's basically saying that Upside-Down (like Silent Hill) is some sort of "psychic hell" that shapes itself depending on who enters it. So a person with guilt or trauma will encounter creatures that reflect that person's issues.

I don't agree that the worlds were merging at the end of the season, I think that has got it right. Whether it's because Will was in the Upside-Down for so long or because he was used as a host for monster larvae, the scene seemed to imply that he can travel or at least view the Upside-Down naturally.

Did he come from the hatched egg?
Or was there something else we're not told about?

elfen lied, that episode of bebop, and akira were all ripping off altered states.

Interesting, never thought of it like that. The monster could just be a drone for a larger nest.

Like Aliens, it would be neat for a "queen" monster to make an appearance next season (if there is one).

>that episode of cowboy bebop
Which one do you guys mean? I watched the show two times but I have no idea.

youtu.be/uI1XDWFdXZQ

Oh thanks it is kind of similar I guess (I remember there was something with the cat killing in cowboy bebop as well)
also did Eleven become more psychic? Did the goverment guys made her this way or was she born like this because her mom was on psychedelics?

M
K
U
L
T
R
A

and this is why you will get no where in life you sad sack of shit.

But if you did ask about the fish and the birds, you'd find out exactly why it is they live where they live.

Guys what if the monster contains a monster skeleton inside it