"I know you. I was like you once, but then I opened my eyes. Open your eyes, captain...

>"I know you. I was like you once, but then I opened my eyes. Open your eyes, captain. Why is the Federation so obsessed with the Maquis? We've never harmed you. And yet we're constantly arrested and charged with terrorism. Starships chase us through the Badlands and our supporters are harassed and ridiculed. Why? Because we've left the Federation, and that's the one thing you can't accept. Nobody leaves paradise. Everyone should want to be in the Federation. Hell, you even want the Cardassians to join. You're only sending them replicators because one day they can take their 'rightful place' on the Federation Council. You know, in some ways you're even worse than the Borg. At least they tell you about their plans for assimilation. You're more insidious. You assimilate people and they don't even know it."

Was he right, Sup Forums?

Get in here fags. Trek thread

Based Eddington

He was dead right.

The Federation is under some delusion that they can do no wrong and that anyone who disagrees with them is the enemy. They gave up Federation territory under the treaty so that they could play nice with the snake niggers. Then colonists got caught in the middle and said "fuck that."

He's literally the embodiment of every faux trekkie who loves DS9 even though it's an affront to Roddenberry's vision.

Roddenberry's vision was extremely unrealistic in a galaxy with different species who have a COMPLETELY different mode of thinking from humans. Roddenberry could never accept that his vision didn't make any sense.

This. Sorry, but even in outer space multiculturalism will never work.

Maybe Star Wars is more your speed?

I don't have to accept a pure delusion to be a star trek fan. Get over yourself.

The Maquis were right.

>I don't have to accept a pure delusion to be a star trek fan.
You actually do. That's the basis of the franchise. Sorry if you thought this was a debate.

back to Sup Forums with you.

The basis of the franchise is that everyone should work together, not they everyone should be part of the Federation.

I'm right though

but thats how everyone works together user. by being apart of the federation, they can co-operate more effectively. if everyone was a part of the federation, everyone is working together in the best way!~

>admirals and higher ups weren't portrayed as crazy assholes in other series/movies
There's literally nothing wrong with Deep Space 9 except for people who say Jadzia is best Dax

Roddenberry was a gommie fuck

>except for people who say Jadzia is best Dax
Pedophile.

Ezri has short hair

The chick who played Ezri was 28 when she started the role, for fucks sake.

The majority of Trek does not follow Gene's vision.

You're the one on the wrong side of the fence.

And you like her because she has the build and haircut of an adolescent boy. Being a pedo is fine. Being a faggot isn't.

Keep telling yourself that as you cut yourself to Linkin Park in the dark.

I loved how triggered Sisko was when Eddington turned on them.

Hey I actually prefer Jadzia but Ezri is fine too.

>fucking manlets can't into 6'0 Terry Farrell

You want some steak with that salt?

Unlike a bunch of new era fans, I cut my teeth on TOS (which I love) then moved onto TNG and then DS9. DS9's plotlines and characterizations seem realistic and completely understandable. In a realistic universe, even Federation members couldn't possibly uphold every value 100% of the time. I don't see it as an affront, just an inevitable fleshing out.

Not sure if he's right, but that is some damn good writing. If only more antagonists were as well-written.

This conversation was repeated with Quark and Garrak over "Root Beer"

>Then colonists got caught in the middle and said "fuck that."
Feddies forgot what happens when you try to bargain a deal using human lives, or any lives for that matter; the barganing chips sprout legs and run off the table.

>Roddenberry's vision was extremely unrealistic
And poorly thought-out. Almost half of every piece of technology shown has immense destructive ability; Anti-matter explosions are nothing to fuck with... But imagine going at super-luminal speeds and *impacting* an object. ANY object.
RIP planet.

You really can't take any kind of soft sci-fi seriously.

>all the computer interfaces on the Enterprise bridge were apparently made of low-grade explosives
What did they mean by this?

Star trek is the ONLY setting where multiculti (more like multi-species) works.

>ship gets epidemic/cosmic radiation
>95% of the crew dying in bed unconcious
>5% of the crew is immune because they are an entire different SPECIES
>the immune crew get the ship to safety just in time to save the others.

YOU BETRAYED YOUR UNIFORM!

t. Babby who started out with TNG

The best part is when the console sparks and would obviously take some kind of damage, yet it can continue to be used without issue

> They take a hit
> A little shake

> "Inertial dampeners offline!!!1!"
> Shakes a little bit more instead of the intertia literally car-crashing everyone into smears on the wall
The series would be very short-lived... Mostly because no seatbelts on the chairs being the worst fucking thing.
> moments where ship literally held together by duct tape
> "gravity plating" (special effects budget) still works fine, lol

Can't take soft sci-fi seriously.

>everyone is a hologram

What now, faggot?

I went with the order of release but I've never gotten around to watching Enterprise. Is it worth it?

Exactly, the people manning the stations would inevitably take more damage than the stations themselves every time.
Yeah, for the last two seasons. Obviously watch the first two, though.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

>But imagine going at super-luminal speeds and *impacting* an object. ANY object
Under the laws of physics as we know it an object going at super-luminal speeds would carry infinite energy. So it's more like RIP universe

He was a genocidal psychopath who got his own daughter killed

I can count the number of times the gravity went off (intentionally or not) in the entire franchise on one hand

>What are backup inertial dampener

And there was that time he tried to release interdimensional demons to destroy the galaxy

What are the best starfleet uniforms?

You posted it

Did we ever see the dress versions of these?

And you're betraying yours, right now!

JUST

I always interpreted this as a critique of the United States, the UN and the western US/European global establishment.

Not really desu.
People used Federation made materials and ships to colonize a planet on the border of a genocidal facist empire. When said empire takes the planet as a bargain chip in exchange for sparring thousands of life, they refuse to leave those planets they've been living a few years on, as if they didn't know from the very beginning this could have happen.

>tfw the globalists are trying to infiltrate and eliminate the Maquis

>If you fight them, they win

EDD
ING
TON

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
- Voltaire

The fight has been fought.
It ended with a treaty.

No, it was a direct jab at Roddenberry because the writers were sick and tired of having to work around that coercive philosophy he kept clinging to and permeated every aspect of the franchise.

Fucking duh.

>it's a Bajoran religion episode

>Nemesis is better than Generations! OW!

I honestly wished they'd kept these uniforms for all the later TV shows. Hands down the best design.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

those writers destroyed star trek

>watch enterprise
>"We'll call it tactical alert, battlestations is too warlike and we're peaceful explorers"

>watch TOS
>"This is the captain, all hands to battlestations"

based kirk

"It's so big, I have to feed it baby rabbits."

I'm assuming that after the Romulan war Starfleet just threw all that sensitive lingua out the airlock

He was spot on the Federation is the most insidious of imperialists in ST

Sisko and his "rivalry" was so horribly forced. DS9 is fucking awful towards the end.

Anyone who sides with the colonist or the maquis is a fucking idiot. Those crybabies live in a utopian future where you can live anywhere in luxury for free. But no they can't bother move their asses off some backwater planet cause, muh I want to be a farmer. Fuck off with your self-indulgent bullshit.

>DS9 is fucking awful towards the end
I will fite you

>self determination is wrong if we, the enlightened few, say it is wrong

You like all the retarded Bajoran gods shit becoming real with magic demons and ghosts and Dukat pulling a 180 on all his character development?

>people who supposedly are from a more evolved society that no longer dwells on material gain still hold the belief that home is just a physical place and not something more cerebral that is created by the experiences and people that inhabit that place

Eddington and the rest of the Maquis were literally the worst part of the Federation, they valued their emotional attachment to a physical place more than they valued peace and other sentient life.

>I'm going to risk my life, my family's life, and possible cause a massive war because I want to live on a random planet that I've been playing minecraft on when I can literally live on any other federation planet where everything is provided to me for free.

Yeah fuck right off.

Well he did lose his rank and his daughter died

reminder that infecting the great link was the right thing to do

>snake niggers

I can't believe the writers actually used that name on the show.

They shouldn't have written such bullshit in the first place. It made no sense for him to even leave his daughter on the station.

>Picard has a chance to wipe out the borg, doesn't.
>BSG fagholes have a chance to wipe out the cyclons. One cuck sabotages it. Isn't immediately killed for treason.

Yeah I bet you feel the Trail of Tears and Japanese Internment were good too. Oh yeah the Holocaust was for the common good of the German people just like the Holodomor was for the common good of the Soviet Union
The "common good" is the creed of tyrants and the war cry of the censor

>Yes, yes, stay complacent with your gibsmedats, your opinion about where you want to be in life doesn't matter.
Kys

Nice troll bait, but you fucked up by including the holocaust reference.

>Picard has a chance to wipe out the borg, doesn't.
that was the most retarded thing ever

Argument stands. The common good is a great excuse to oppress people. And by you calling it a troll post I can see you have no further arguments

Fuck you, Helo, you dense slab of meat.

My family died on Picon.

The one you posted.

Followed by pic related &

Goddamn, I don't remember Crusher looking THAT bad in the movie.

>MUH LAND is worth starting an interstellar war that could kill millions.

I call it a troll post because it is. Either that or you're dumb as fuck. Makes no difference to me.

The stupid actions of a bunch of spoonheads are not your fault. It is not your responsibility if someone else spergs out. The blame lies solely upon those who start the fight.

She was absolutely gorgeous in first contact

There are thousands of peaceful, beautiful planets within Federation space you can live peacefully on. You instead choose to live on the border between two warring powers and act shocked when it one day bites you on the ass.

>DC fucked up and invaded Mexico
>gets its ass handed to it
>now all the Texans have to leave Texas or are enemies of the state
What would you do if you were a Texan?

Yeah just like there were thousands of beautiful reservations for the Indians. A cage painted gold is still a cage

Implying Texas would be a big loss

I'd have entertained Eddington's musings if the Federation were even remotely shown as corrupt before that point.

Federation are always portrayed as idealized and it's the alien races who are the immoral parties. How can the viewer not take Sisko's side in this simple blatant betrayal that Eddington makes out to be for a larger dumber cause that is effectively non-existent to the viewer? He sounded like a petulent child reaching for an excuse or insult to justify his actions.

You're being really rude.

Except that's not at all what happened, so you obviously haven't seen DS9.