The Killing Joke

So what did people think of this? I liked it, wish it'd gone a bit edgier given the R rating, but it was good enough.

Hamill is GOAT

it was meh for me, also i cant stand those batfags that think that batgirl didnt got raped
>but muh canon
>but muh writer
>but muh comic
but shut the fuck up, batgirl got raped in the movie

She did? I never took that from the movie, but maybe I missed it

>Dcucks

Timms a hack since way back

Its a kids movie you cuck. Stop projecting your sick fantasies

What does R stand for? Edgy teen crap? Is there blood,swearing,nudity, graphic?

still not as good as mask of the phantasm. Will there be a better animated batman film?

Fucking bad. Why you would choose to adapt a comic and then have the art look vastly worse than said comic is beyond me.

The voice work was nice though, and I got a good laugh out of "SWEAR TO ME."

The ending was awful

a kids R movie? coolio friendo

it has violence, blood, alcohol, implied rape =)

I laughed,

bad adaptation, awful direction and animation.
they also added in a completely unnecessary fan fiction first half which as a result shortened down a lot of the actual killing joke dialogue

very disappointing

Shit animation, no voice direction, paint-by-numbers artstyle, the Babs story tacked on was almost entirely pointless and turned Babs into a whiny cunt, making the Why Aren't You Laughing? speech a fight scene was dumb, they completely fucked up the ending and flashbacks, and shit animation because it really was so bad to deserve being mentioned twice.

I wanted to Batgirl nekkid but you just see her in her bra

i liked the batgirl story, but all the intense and deep joker history just fell flat, it was so shallow, it was like watching paint dry
but i guess thats as deep as you can go with a comic book
and what the fuck was that ending, in the comic there was some ambiguity over what happened after, in this, it was just like the movie stopped half way into their conversation

she absolutely didnt
at most they implied that he took off all of her clothes

>bad adaptation

Its practically word for word.

The intro (which I actually didn't mind) and the art/animation (which was admittedly shit) are the only things I can see complaining about.

Apparently the movie did surprisingly well in theaters so maybe we'll get something with a bigger art/animation budget next time.

I think user may be confused when Commissioner Gordon is told she was found naked. He thinks she was raped probably.

DUDE BATMAN DOESN'T KILL JOKER AT THE END LMAO

or he does? :^)

i feel like the conversation was left unfinished

She probably was, Joker's a sick fuck why wouldn't he?

The real question is why do people care so much if she was or wasn't? It doesn't matter.

Nah, is the same as in the comics.

So a cartoon girl getting stabbed qualifies as an R rating now?

>so maybe we'll get something with a bigger art/animation budget next time.

no, they'll just do the same budget or less, no at a studio wants to spend more money than they have to. look at Walking Dead season 2, cut the budget in half.

They make tons of animated Batman movies, why is this the only one that ever gets talked about?

It was pretty bad.

The Killing Joke is one of the most influential graphic novels of all time

First time I watched it I went in with the mindset that it was going to be a faithful adaptation and respark my love for the comic. I hated it.

Going back and rewatching it with a clean mindset, looking at it as its own thing, it honestly felt almost as good as the comic. I would have prefered if they did a better job, but I'd say its a pretty solid 7.5/10

just because it's word for word doesn't make it good, the animation and art style is bad, the direction is also bad, they didn't even try and make it look or feel like the original.

the intro is completely unnecessary and also an insult to the original writer and because of it the some of dialogue later on is shortened down and feels a lot more rushed by the voice actors.

I wish I was a woman. Then I would have sex with anybody that I want to. Even if I shouldn't.

It's pure kino

>Shoot a woman through the spine ensuring she will never walk again
>rape her afterwards

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Always thought the killing joke was overrated
Movie not much better
Would watch the shit out of a live adaptation of the "Joker" graphic novel by Brian Azzarello (with resurrected heath ledger)

Batman fucking Batwoman made me feel like a triggered tumblr whale.

they beat it over your head with it, how did you miss it?

it was medicore and overhyped, just like mr robot. fuck, millenial nerds have absolutely no standards. mark hamill was the only good thing in it. also fucking pc pandring with strong womyn and gay best friend (who was irritating as fuck aswell)

It ruined the ending, and by extention the entire movie.

The entire point of the fucking story is the ambiguous ending where you're not sure if Batman just fucking strangled The Joker or not, and it fucked with the ending scene to completely remove that implication.

It had other problems, every shot that wasn't directly ripped from the comics was boring, the color palette was awful, the stuff they added with Batgirl wasn't very well written, and as good as some of the performances were, there were also some pretty questionable ones.

and yes, she was raped, accept it guys. lets look at it this way: 1) joker undressed her 2) when batman went to the prostitutes they told him that joker always comes there first when he escapes, because having a "good time" is the most important to him, yet he didnt go there this time. why? because he already had sex with barbara. accept it faggots, joker did it, probably both anal and vaginal.

It didn't remove the implication, it just adjusted it.

Now instead of the headlight beams, you hear the jokers laugh end considerably before batmans. Not saying its a good change, but one I can kinda understand

Remember when the hookerand batman were talking under the bridge and she said the joker usually came by under the bridge to fuck a hooker every time he broke out of Arkham and he didn't come by this time so he muse have gotten it somewhere else? That was one of the more subtle hints.