I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed - or worse, expelled

>I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed - or worse, expelled

What exactly is implying? What does the wizarding world do with expelled students? We know that Life in Azkhaban is considered as bad as death, but what exactly would be worse?

And further, why exactly do expelled students suffer such punishment? You don't fucking kill kids, let alone worse, so why do they need to do that?

It's because she's a fucking nerd

Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

You didn't even try to answer the post, getting lazy, dude.

>Jane Austen And Fitzgerald over Tolkien
Funny joke, Ma'am.

>ywn be loli Emma's footslave
;_;

This list is shit

If you are expelled you aren't allowed to use magic, so you essentially become a fucking muggle. Pretty sure Hagrid is a expelled student.

Why didn't Harry just fly Buckbeak to Mordor and drop the horcruxes into Mount Doom?

Why didn't Harry just conjure up a rifle and assassinate Voldemort?

why didn't harry just tie voldemort to a football and kick him into mount doom?

You don't know how lucky you are. I was one of the make up artists in Goblet of Fire and her feet smell fucking horrible.

why didnt harry just snatch every motherfucker birthday?!

Why do Harry Potter fans seem to gloss over the fact that Romilda Vane tried to roofie Harry in Half Blood Prince, only to accidentally get Ron instead? Extremely problematic if you ask me.

I always wonder how much of Wizard society being incredibly fucked up is intentional, and how much is due to Rowling not thinking things through.

>What does the wizarding world do with expelled students?
You end up like Hagrid, you are allowed to move about the wizarding world but are forbidden from using magic.

>Catch-22
>low tier

come on, HP is shit but that list is whack

It's not problematic because a women did it.

Check your fucking privilege shitlord.

if you get killed you're dead
if you get expelled you're either the boy who lived who got expelled because he's a shit and not special at all. Or you're the prodigal girl who turned out to be a problem child and not so driven after all. Or it turns out a Weasley was just a Weasley and no one is actually surprised you turned out to be a complete shit

FPBP

Because if you get expelled you'll have to magically flip burgers at McGonagalls fast food joint the whole day for awful pay, forthe rest of your underqualified live.

why didn't they just steal the hairs of girl they liked and transformed into them using polyjuice to masturbate

Why did Draco never get with Ebony in the canon universe? They were both goffik, so it seemed like a natural fit to me. Isn't Rowling all about fanservice,

Because it takes like months to actually brew this shit.

>use imperio spell to get the girl do you whatever you want
>use spell that erases memory
there are literally thousands of way to rape in the HP universe
90% of the male characters have probably raped a woman at some point

Obviously Hogwarts can't get sued if a student dies. They must make the parents/guardians sign a waiver.

those are illegal and probably detectable on campus

a MAGICAL waiver?

ho ho ho

Hogwarts is a weird place. You send your kid there to learn magic but there's like a 1/100 that he's gonna fucking die falling off moving stairs or being eaten by some creature or murdered by a dark wizard.

>probably detectable
how come voldemort could hide in some professor's head and the other guy could turn into a rat and nobody noticed shit?

maybe because of the tracer thing?
They know where you are, and what you cast until you turn 18.

That was in the opening in deathly hollows 1 tho

Not at all; magical schools are one of the few places where young wizards can freely practice magic, and it's not like wands go through periodic testing (and can't you only see the LAST spell cast?), especially if you are an otherwise exemplary member of society.

>how often did Ginny get fucked without even realizing it during her Hogwarts education?

Imagine hermione without Hogwarts knowledge. An average shitty wizard. I think that's punishment enough. Worse than death to some.

I believe your wand is broken, you are forbidden from using magic, and likely get put on a watchlist. Not a good fate for a wizard. I imagine that you also face Azkhaban for very little, too.

haha epic thread op! posting on r Sup Forums!

How are the death rates at the other schools?

If you are expelled and aren't rich enough to move to some other country with a different magic school, then you won't ever learn any magic or take any of the tests that make it legal for you to use the coolest magic, not to mention that you won't get any magic-related job.
Not to mention that any non-muggle raised person is completely retarded when it comes to muggle-related shit so as far as society cares you would be worse than someone with downs syndrome.
Just imagine if there was a single school in your country and you got expelled from it, your life would be shit unless you are smart or lucky enough to make money in some other way, otherwise you are working as a cashier in McDonalds forever.

>otherwise you are working as a cashier in McDonalds forever.

Even McD will choose the guy who graduated high school over the drop out. I mean, they have standards to maintain.

why the fuck would you risk getting caught for rape when you can masturbate as a girl instead

This is retarded as fuck too.
How come there was a single magic school in all of UK?
Does the magic world have birth control or something? Otherwise Hogwarts would explode from all the children trying to study there or just reject a shitton of people and ruin their lives forever.

I think the line just explained her entire character. She would rather die then be shamed

There's not many wizards dude. They're a small enough population that they live in hiding for protection.

watching on tv right now. when did they drop the house cup in the books again?

That... Actually, that's a fucking good question. In fact, I'd probably just make myself a hot lesbian and hang around in gay bars. Fuck, think I have a novel idea now. Thanks user.

Post-Hogwarts raep/exploitation flick when?

I wonder if rape is even that serious in the wizarding world
after all love potions are openly sold and any mentaltrauma can be fixed instantly with a mind wiping spell, and if necessary magical abortion

>LOOK MOMMY I POSTED IT AGEN xD

Teens with free access to magical spells, potions, and items and yet little to no surveillance and tons of gothic architecture with tons of dark corners even outside the massive fantasy castle? In a setting that has half-giants, and all the rapey mythical creatures exist?

Shit, waking up in strange places, sans panties, and having to go for a potion in the hospital wing must be a monthly occurrence if you are even remotely qt. A reason not to use magic to become a grill. Lesbians? Yes. A centaur during a walk in the woods? No thanks. I can shove a baseball bat up my ass any time.

I would love a serious and yet ironic, ADULT, look into the world Rowling unwittingly (or was it?) created. There isn't nearly enough fanfiction on the topic of how fucked up the setting is.

Unless I missed an ff.net community.

This is pasta you fucking memers.
At least someone recognized it.

>it's an "user ranks his school summer reading list and posts his same gay pasta" episode, again

Harry Potter is shit but this is just getting sad.

It's not pasta if it's just the same faggot posting the same thing over and over.

do you know what paste is?

If most of the top scifi/fantasy we can name has confusing holes in their plots/world setup, do you honestly think a mediocre writer like Rowling thought any of this through?

Why didn't any of the Death Eaters just call Harry a nerd and snap his wand in half so he couldn't resist a kidnapping attempt?

Death Eaters can't interact with the physical realm, it's said in the 3rd movie. All they can do is the Death Kiss. They have no corporeal form.

You're confusing Death Eaters and dementors.

Why didn't members of the Order Of Phenix use The unbrekable vow to make sure they wouldn't ever be betrayed ?
They even could force deatheaters into an unbreakable vow, by using imperium :

> Impero !
> You want to accept each term of the following unbreakable vow : "i'll never join voldemort, i'll try to impero him and make him vow not to be evil as soon as i'll have an occasion"

Fake Maugrey could also have done that...
use impero on Harry to force him to accept the unbreakable vow to help voldemort to come back

Because the unbreakable voc is very breakable

"all my suits are tailor-made..."

ah yes 6 replies to very stale pasta
mmmm

You wouldn't believe the amount of fans who criticize Voldemort's father for abandoning him and his mother, even though the books make it explicit that Merope Gaunt raped him.

it's okay if a woman does it

but whats strange is how people still sent their children to howarts after dumbledore died and there was an all out war in the wizard world.