Has any other show in the history of tv started off so high only to end up so low?

Has any other show in the history of tv started off so high only to end up so low?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iuD4g_1Id8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Short answer: No.

It was fun while it lasted though.

No. The first season is genuinely fantastic television. The final season is incomprehensibly terrible. I don't think a lot of people really remember just how amazing the first season of Dexter was; if it was only ever given one season I genuinely believe that it would have gone down in history as one of the greats. This is what the series finale would have ended on, and it would have been perfect:
youtube.com/watch?v=iuD4g_1Id8Q

no. not in such a cataclysmic magnitude.

It should've ended in S3, completely avoiding S2.

Basically just do S1 and S3 and I'd be rewatching that show again and again.

Bigger fan of S3 than S1 desu.

Holy shit I just realized that's a dead persons hand. I always thought it was a rubber glove.

Season 3 is bad.
1>4>>who the fuck cares

>season 3
>good
lol!!!!!

Heroes

Oh my god, you're right.

heroes turned into bottom tier garbage, but to be honest, it was never good to begin with.

prison break

first season was some good shit friendo

Ummm...close, but I feel like it was already going downhill before the end of the first season.

fugggg

I meant Season 4. I thought 3 was Trinity Killer and 2 was Prado.

What the fuck happened in 2?

So yeah, I meant Dexter should be S1 and S4.

>implying
ali laters character with the nigger and nigger kid was one of the most boring and bland storylines ive seen on television

the buildup to save the cheerleader save the world shit was huge and the payoff was zero. There was meant to be a big fight between Sylar and Peter and they literally just fell down from somewhere. Then, in the finale, they had a fight behind closed doors.

There was no payoff to anything, ever, and the writing/pacing was just all over the fucking shop

I feel like the final episode might have been pretty crap, but you can't rubbish the good work done earlier in the season

Season 2 was the MPD and FBI investigating into the Bay Harbor Butcher, so it was a lot of Cat n Mouse shit with Dexter. Still leagues ahead of whatever the fuck Season 3 was.

I've rewatched the show 3-4 times, and I never watch anything past season 4.

I'm having trouble getting past Season 4 on my first go
>Dexter talking to the ghost of his dad
>Masuka getting less screentime
>Everything involving LaGuerta
>Dexter no longer having well-written monologues

Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

Hard to think of others on the same level. Shame too, because I really like the first 4 seasons.

Rescue Me turned to shit, but I never saw the last season.

GoT comes close

>>Everything involving LaGuerta
Holy shit, I'd forgotten how annoying this bitch was

True Blood
and about 90% of US made TV series that last longer than 7 seasons

Reason is usually that writers only think from season to season, and they have to come up with more interesting/bloody/funny shit for each new season.

Breaking Bad was great, because the end was in the writers minds right from the start. They KNEW how the story would end. So they just had to make the story lead to the end they knew would come.

Heroes at its lowest was no lower than Dexter season 8, and it never reached the highs that Dexter did, not even close.

>What the fuck happened in 2?
Bay Harbor Butcher. Doakes finds out. Crazy british cunt. It wasn't as good as season 1, but it was solid.