twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

YES.

#SorrySnyder

But not me. I liked both.

They both sucked ass

>bvs fight is 5 minutes
>wonder woman and lex are terrible actors
>wonder woman literally cant speak english
>ham fisted cinematic universe shit forced in culminating in a tonal shifting cgi rock monster final boss battle
>terrible writing
>terrible pacing
>terrible editing
>disgusting filters
>fight club tier philosophizing
nah

no, they are both garbage.

wrong
wrong
wrong

It was all over the place. Meandering in areas that don't matter (Lois spending 20 minutes finding out that Luthor is evil and does nothing with the information). Incredibly weird ads for the next movies (like when the dramatic music starts when Wonder Woman's picture shows up).

I have no idea where it's going. It fails to set anything up in a logical way that it makes the rest of the movie a chore to watch, a waiting game to the big fight, which was so mediocre and full of terrible effects that it wasn't worth watching 2 hours in the first place.

I don't even give a shit about the Martha thing because it works in the sense that it shocks Bruce into actually taking a second to think, but that admits that Batman wasn't thinkign for the entire film, because absolutely no one was.

Its still extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

wrong

how can you cunts be okay with DLC on fucking movies?

stupid godamn idiots

Lex is still garbage.
The "Batman's dream vision" sequence is still unnecessary.
The JLA setup scenes are still jarringly inserted in.
Wonder Woman still has zero development and is just pasted in to set her up for other movies.

Generally speaking the whole approach is flawed.
In MCU most, if not all, superheroes were previously established by the time Avengers rolled out. Even the primary villain in the movie, Loki, was previously established.

In BvS Superman had a previous movie where he was a reluctant autist and it was a first showing for Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex and all the other cameos.
And considering how uncharismatic Superman is the whole thing ends up just being weird.
It's like they're trying to do a serious movie but the elements just don't add up.
Also an additional problem is that Snyder is still in his Watchmen mode of directing where the only mood anyone has is "depressed".
The yet another DBZ final segment with the entire landscape being reduced to rubble is yet another poor choice

Oh yes, let's not forget that in his first DCU showing Batman is already in his DKR mode, Superman in his second movie is already in his Death of Superman mode and the JLA doesn't even exist.
The entire thing is just poor choices stacked into an unsound whole.

It was still shit. How do you fuck up capekino and make it incredibly dull?

Batman v Superman is so bad DC may have tanked their entire cinematic universe already.

You can bet your asses WB Exec's are fucking terrified that Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman might flop. Batman v Superman's gross was frontloaded as fuck and dropped HARD, only meeting the absolute bare minimum of box office expectations. It was entirely sold on hype and goodwill from fans, and the movie was complete shit, and everyone knows it. Everyone saw that Sad Affleck meme video, and the cultural consensus is, by and large, that BvS sucked. Is anyone really excited for Suicide Squad or Wonder Woman? Even fucking Justice League? Do normies know that movie is coming out? They're already a billion in the hole for this franchise, and it's not taking off like they hoped it would.

wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

right

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

right

Lex was the most entertaining character in the entire movie.

That's not Alfred.

scarily accurate

ultimate edition is probably the best capekino ever made

They were both great.
Yeah, and it probably won't be beat any time soon now that JL was neutered and forced to be more lighthearted than originally intended (it was always going to be lighter). Oh well.

wrong
wrong

trips confirm.

go home everyone.

wrong

Yes. I watched it tonight. 8.5/10, I only rate it below Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2

Tell that to these trips

it's more of a 4.3/10

Nah, that's the original. This one makes more sense. Only parts I disliked were the JLA commercials and piss jars.
Also it was shot beautifully.

So did I, superbro. All the UC did was confirm a lot of things the fans had already figured out and flesh out some subplots. Although I have to admit, more scenes of just Clark being Clark were very welcome. Loved his late-night call home to his mom.

Copy-pasta.

What this movie showed me is that people don't have a big attention span these days. I've never seen a movie confuse the audience so much.

They don't understand the character arcs, they don't understand the plots, they don't understand the scenes, they don't even understand the dialogues.

Shit is crazy. This is cape movie, for shit's sake. Shit was fucking easy to spot.

wrong

no. i only watched the ultimate edition and it fucking sucked. if the theatre version was worse i can't even imagine how bad it was

>YOU'RE LETTING HIM...KILL...MARTHA!!!!

Maybe the world isn't ready for cape Kino

I think it's that it tried (and succeeded) to have many plots active at once. For example, in the gala scene, we have Lex, Clark, Bruce, Diana, and Mercy.

Bruce comes to the gala and has a conversation with Lex and Clark; here we know that Lex knows their identities. Bruce takes the information while Mercy sees, Clark tails Bruce and decides to give it up in order to save the girl in Mexico. Diana steals the drive while Bruce chases her. It's a lot going on, but not too hard to understand. A lot of information gained in such a small amount of time; that really highlights Snyder's skill.

wrong, it was garbage

Well, it was definitely better in the theatrical cut. It definitely felt a lot more cohesive. Too many times I found myself saying "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU CUT THAT?!?!"

oh it was

Spider-Man > Spider-Man 2

I had that same reaction.

One little detail I keep coming back to - Lex's guys had some way of tracking Superman that the CIA didn't have.

less run-time = more screenings = more potential ticket sales

if you're movie can't be properly summed up in less than 2.5 hours, your script is garbage (BvS's script was actually worse than garbage though)

Warner Bros doesn't care about making a good movie, they just want money and that's everything else that DC makes from now on will most likely be generic blockbuster trash.

Great scene.
It would have been years ago back when people weren't as retarded. That's the problem with technology. It took too long to make and now it's too late.

youtube.com/watch?v=lnNwMiOWDM0

This film is great

I like how the theme turns melancholy throughout the rescue montage. It saddens me that more people don't understand why.

Also, I love how Lex's theme is Supes's theme inverted.

>Also, I love how Lex's theme is Supes's theme inverted.

How lazy of them.

Wrong.

I only care about theatrical releases.

>tfw youve been taking abuse from marvelshits for weeks and then the ultimate cut releases

>it's still shit

Poetry, my friend. Pure poetry.

I preferred the theatrical cut desu.

I'm not one of those mongoloids that needs everything explained to them out loud.

you're a brain-dead simpleton who doesn't even think about what he's watching.

you just watch it for the pretty splotions

Definitely.
I agree. Why are people so dumb?
It's just a portion of it that's Superman's theme backwards. I think that was a good choice.

No quite. The theatrical cut was still the best capeshit film ever put in theaters.

Inb4
>Hack Snyder isn't allowed to play with MUH toys like that

Just because it the melody is an inversion doesn't mean the rest of the orchestration is. Lex's theme also has Faustian violin glissandos, descending arpeggios, as well as percussion, staccato piano, and pizzicato strings very evocative of a clockwork machine.

youtube.com/watch?v=b357dSg2w9E

I love it.

People like yourself and the pleb masses are simpletons.

The extended cut didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know.

Maybe the black chick lying out of her ass but that's it.

nope, its still shit

It went from a 4/10 to a 5/10, but fanboys have been acting like it was a masterpiece since the theatrical cut.

The Ultimate Cut has some amazing scenes though. That line about Arkham Asylum, Clark's investigation, Superman stopping that drone strike, Superman helping out after the courtroom bombing, the lady's little speech to Superman.

"Words don't stop him. You know what stops him? A fist!"
>stopped by words
Beautiful.

if you dont like it, thats your problem. Posting the same tripe in every thread wont change the minds of others.

>if you like it, thats your problem. Posting the same tripe in every thread wont change the minds of others.

>We just have a bad history with hacks pretending to be critics
This guy?

Ha!

>The industry having a problem with an internet reviewer that's below z-list
Alright.

This.

thats the whole point of a thread though

Half the shit on this board is idiots repeating the same memes for fucks sake.

It's shit though, it's boring and forgettable.

>someone gives opinion
>you then give your opinion and treat it as fact
give it a rest, you sound stupid doing this.

I'm just here to tell you your taste is shit and you should really go back.

>mfw the dirt rises and the MoS Krypton theme plays to the credits

One of the most cinematic kinos I've ever seen tbqhfamalam

I know that. I know that nearly 90% of human beings are mouth breathing sub humans who deserve to die slowly.

>posts reddit screenshot
>tells others to go back
look in the mirror and tell yourself

I wonder how bad the guy felt after seeing JL's "we want the mcu audience" trailer

these threads are just people throwing memes around

I caught some more Lex fuckery the other day during Batman's talk with him:

Lex Luthor: This is how it all caves in, civilization on the wane, manners out the window. But who would believe me, I... I'm insane. I'm not even fit to stand trial.

>Wayne Manor's out the window.

Lex already knew where he was going.

What did ultimate edition add? How long is it?

Retards thinking they have the capacity for high thought.

made Superman an actual decent character.
>runtime
look it up

some of the things in the movie were pretty clever, all the double and even triple meanings at times

jesse himself would always go on about terrio's dialogue

30 minutes longer

Pleb: BvS Ultimate Edition
Contrarian: Man of Steel
Patrician: BvS Theatrical Cut

build the fucking wall

I caught another little Easter Egg, too. The van Lex's hired guns drag Lois into is painted with a "Terrio Sanitation" logo.

Everything Lex says in this entire movie is pure, unadulterated art.

The one I downloaded was 2:49, was that the Ultimate edition?

>forgetting to mention "this is how it all CAVES in"
He knows, alright.

Nah, that's theatrical. The UC is 3:02.

Those puns were awful and ruined the mood of the scene, they should have been dropped.

Snyder is so based

How? It was great because it showed Lex held on to his pride and believed he still had a way out until the very end. Even after literally everything went awry, he still had another plan in place. His final hurrah was bragging about Darkseid.

>my parents died so everyone else needs to be sad too

Snyder can die by drowning in molten lava

>I'll kill myself to win

Nice!

Daily reminder that there has not been a Civil War thread in weeks. BvS still discussed daily.

The ultimate edition fixed nothing, it's still a heaping pile of shit

You don't think he's talking about his actual parents, do you?

Because discussing train wrecks is fun. Perfectly competent films are boring to talk about.