Just finished season 3

just finished season 3

anyone have thoughts on this? so many questions

Hijack is going to take Mr.leanutnuteer next season, screen cap this.

I was they made more episodes like the underwater city and less "everyone is depressed, cynical and self-aware" shit

the underwater episode was very brilliant

and i like the cynical depressed stuff but a few episodes over did it this season

i love the show but Dianne feels super preachy

and somtimes straight up pushing bullshit

Who do you guys think that female horse was who tried contacting BoJack at the end of the last episode? His daughter?

>you'll never get closure with penny

i think its his father xD

she has the diamond like him and his mother so i think yes thats his kid

what closure is there to have at this point he fucked things up to bad

>no princess carolyn mommy to slide your dick in and out of

She's the modern woman.

well the modern sjw for sure

next thing you know, she'll be converting you to feminism

she already pulled the "guilty because we say so " routine

underwater episode was affected, pointless bs. they were trying way too f' hard to be poetic and failed. it would have helped if they drew the seahorse baby a little cuter, its dumb squat legs and butt and irritating face made it look garish

I think i remember somewhere in season 1 or early season 2 the writers basically communicated that they know how irritating diane is and they write her to be the irritating lisa simpson voice of reason on purpose
they really shouldn't have killed sarahlynn she was one of the best characters. idk if i will waste my time in watching the next season.

overall i appreciate the heaviness they are trying to inject, but it just feels irritating and narcissistic when bojack does a dumb #deep rant about being introspective. its like they are trying to do lip service to him being thinking without actually considering what someone who is trying to be better would do.

the writers seem kind of immature in this respect

i can see that but some of his introspective sounds a lot like conversations i have had with people
but yes it does seem to go over board at times

It's like the Fly bottle episode of Breaking Bad. Critics called it excellent. Sure, it's good as art, but it's shit as television. The rating of the underwater episode is the second highest though, god knows why.

I think they do that on purpose. Bojack's sees the problem, accepts the reality that solutions need to be found and implemented, but just never follows through. I'm rewatching and in the 1st ep PC says he's afraid of commitment and BJ mentions that he can make commitments, but never stays the course. He quickly lets go of the wheel, gets out of the car when it crashes, and walks until he gets in a different car and crashes that one too and so on. Dude's self-sabotaging as fuck because any remote sense of happiness exponentially increases his chances of being disappointed.

Writing this I imagined my dream scenario of Bojack's death:
>Bojack takes a bottle of pills
>They don't kick in for a while because he's a horse and huge
>He goes to some show with Diane or someone
>Starts going into one of his #deep rants
>He passes out and dies as drugs kick in and people start a mosh pit and hit his body
>They're beating the dead horse
This sounds dumber as i reread it but fuck it

i just like the concept of an episode without vocals but yea for story it feels like filler

but considering the last episode it does seem like they had to set up that there is a underwater city

underwhelming season desu, nothing much happened except for the death of sarah lynn

i still has questions from season two that were ignored

like i thought bojack relaising who the red headed kid's mom was would be important but i guess that was a throw away joke i read to far in to

a lot of the episodes this time around felt like filler and jokes with only a handfull being part of the main plot

i thought the todd tipping to much joke at the end was stupid and robbed us of a possible story in the future

that's the point senpai

season 2 was better but 3 was ok

like there was the abortion episode

almost all of it i was ok with but the part where they said she had to look at puppy videos was rubbing our nose in its political point

the story about why she was late to the marketing meeting pissed me off more

i do actually hate her more than even bojack though

because of her telling it ? or because it wasnt a good part of the episode?

if somone was able to bring up realistic agruments to her bullshit it would be nice instead what she says being look at as the truth if you look hard enough

>like him and his mother
Oh jeez please no!

Todd's anger with Bojack is poorly written, he turned the girl down and her and Bojack had a consensual one night stand
If Bojack is as toxic as Todd claims that even such a short interaction as that ruins a person then why is Todd still around, it makes him look hypocritical and like a leech which lessens the impact of his speech

The stuff with Penny was poorly written, nothing happened between them, she was the one who attempted to initiate things between them, but it's all Bojacks fault because they want to force him as a terrible person
The much lauded underwater episode undermines the idea of him being absolutely horrible though

The Diane and Mr PB arc was somewhat better until the stupid loldrugz non solution

PCs entire arc was pointless since it changed nothing, at least with Bojack himself it's a 1 step forward 2 steps back situation so there is actually movement

Sarah Lynn dying was the most ham fisted forced thing all season though, it was the obvious clichéd choice to kill off a one note character while forcing in some flashbacks to make you feel attached
If they really wanted it to have an impact then they really should have had Sarah living a sober life until Bojack showed up, that would have properly underscored just how much of a toxic influence he's supposed to be while giving her death the gravitas it deserved

I'm sorry you think such hackneyed writing is the best thing ever, that just shows how terrible most TV is these days

there a few points i think your missing
first tods anger may not make sence but it is a common real life situation. being mad that somone slept with a girl you didnt even want to sleep with

second with penny even if nothing happend the fact this 50 year old man was trying to sleep with you would make you sick to your stumic looking back

sarah lynn has clues built to her story the whole time
if you didnt realise the guy asking to come home was her molestor for example than go back and look at the clues agian

me agian

not trying to crap on your view just trying to give another part to consider

I actually got sad when Sara Lynn died

yea me to i hoped so much that the start of the next episode we would find out shes alive

I enjoyed it. Felt like a bit of a rehash of season two though. I thought he hit rock bottom there, but it's clear now that this was that point. I hope they really change things up and have him fully committing to change in season 4. There is only so many times he can give up before I lose interest.

i kind of didnt want a season 4
i felt a lot of this is running its corse and its best to so i kind of was hoping it would go out on a great ending

you know what they say leave thme wanting more

Yeah. I don't want it to go on too long. But I feel we need at least some semblance of a turnaround. I feel like four would be a good end, because I trust them, but I also like having a nice round five seasons.

She was the one trying to sleep with bojack not otherwise

>jurj clooners

that's irrelevant

im sorry but there a part of human interaction your just not getting or maybe you having had to experience it

hey im just a reminder that you should watch the bojack christmas special if you havent already. Especially after season 3

>if you didnt realise the guy asking to come home was her molestor for example than go back and look at the clues agian

wat

Underwater episode was shit

when Shara lin won an oscar somone had to accept it for her

this was her molestor aka step father

I liked season 2 better.

I'm not sure if it's my own mood, but for season 2 I wasn't able to get through more than two episodes at once because they were so incredibly depressing.
Season 3 was good as well, but it was over before I knew it and I never really felt it hit rock bottom in the same way season 2 did.

>this was her molestor aka step father

Post proof

the fact your asking for prof is my point
the show made it super fucking clear
just not all in that episode

just like how the show mentions her wanting to be an architect all the way from episode 4 season 1

>the show made it super fucking clear

So tell me.

early in the show
>my moms bf home schools me he a photographer or something

later
> this is bear fur what i know my step dad was a bear

there is other clues but there are the first two that come to mind

not him, but she makes an off-hand comment that she knows what bear-fur tastes like in an earlier season
she also has hyper-sexual behaviour and takes lots of drugs which is pretty common for victims of child-molestation

So season 2 was much more depressing than 3 was, right?

Definitely not. Season two was harsh but it ended on a very positive note. Three was more of a slow burn but the ending was way more depressing.

Maybe I'm just less depressed this time around then

It's the fucking kid he almost molested.

I mean come on.

This cartoon gets fucking better every fucking season. Sarah Lynn's death was the spice this season much needed, like statutory rape last season. I love the way they jump between years and how they weave the story. Clearly an underrated show BojackHorseman> Rick and Morty

Asian Daria
Todd was poorly written, I agrre.

PC's arc was not the best argument, but it let us know a bit more about PC and BJ's relationship.They set the ground good for her dismissal, which was a bit of a forced heartbreaker,

What I found horribly landed was the story of Bojack horseman's show director and his weird assistant. Completely unnecessary chapter, It seems as if they just wanted to exploit these two characters.

are there any similar shows out there?

Doesnt have to be a cartoon, just something thats light but also has strong characters. Stuff that makes me feel something when i watch

Yea like if the hamster and spider went used it wouldn't of changed. And they made tbe season feel like a fan attempt