Was Doomsday under Lex Luthor's control by blood like he claimed or was it just a rampaging animal?

Was Doomsday under Lex Luthor's control by blood like he claimed or was it just a rampaging animal?

literally the first thing it tried to do was beat him to death

it's even foreshadowed

Lex: No man in the sky intervened, when I was a boy, to deliver me from Daddy’s fists and abominations

Within seconds of Cave Troll's release it goes to kill Junior.

Lex's motivations made no sense. How would unlsheashing some super monster that attacks anything in sight help Darkseid?

>foreshadowed
Isn't that line seconds earlier?

by killing superman

The key to the plan was he assumed that he would be able to control Doomsday

No it is not.

they made ambiguous if it was punching supes

get rid of superman which was the only defense the planet has

no, it was before the superman/batman fight

>they made ambiguous if it was punching supes
it didn't know superman was there, he swooped in

did you not see the movie, op?

Okay, Superman is dead, but now there's an even more powerful monster on the planet that will attack Darkseid's forces. How does this help Darkseid conquer the planet?

Where did he even bring Zods corpse?

doomsday is dead now, superman killed it.

it kills the heroes, destroys the armies
superman wasn't the only hero

considering he tried to kill lex probably not

bravo lex

>but now there's an even more powerful monster on the planet that will attack Darkseid's forces.
lay waste to military? I dunno. Apokolips is a desolated shithole so they don't exactly have high standards for the condition of the planet they get

There's no way anyone could have predicted they'd both die like that.

Armies are useless against Darkseid. Flash, Fishman, Batman, etc they're all useless. Only Superman can truly fight Darkseid, and putting something even more powerful on the planet, that attacks anything in sight is a bad move.

What was Superman doing at the docks where the Lex guys were transporting the spaceship?

But my point is that once Darkseid's forces arrive Doomsday will attack them too.

why is flash useless against darkseid?

WW fucked him up though.

Because he can't do shit to him.
>inb4 attoseconds

They still needed Superman to push him back. WW couldn't do it.

what is darkseid's power level? not familiar with dc universe. is he like thanos?

Did you?

Lex literally says "this is your doomsday" to Supermans face before releasing him

Depends. His avatars are around Thanos level or maybe more, but his true form is universal. I recall him making the combined powers of Heaven flee recently. His true form is larger than planets.

I don't know, but that thing stabbed and almost killed Frodo.

At base level they are the same though I think Darkseid is stronger and more durable.

However Thanos is a multiversal/ universal threat to Darkseids planetary threat

WW actually seems to be about as strong as Superman without the weaknesses. She doesn't have extra powers like lasers or x-ray vision though, but she also has actual combat training instead of farmboy over there. If there's supposed to be a demonstrable difference in strength I didn't see it. I'm not sure if she can fly like Superman though, maybe super leaps are all she's capable of. If she doesn't have flight then that's a big downgrade on her abilities.

Wut?
That sounds like a recent and stupid retcon.

>Thanos is a multiversal/ universal threat to Darkseids planetary threat

t. I've never read a Darkseid comic

and then Doomsday threw a punch at Lex, but Superman intervened.

So yeah, Doomsday died in BvS but what happened to his corpse?

It was under his control. That's what he was doing inside the ship.

Who cares about this? Are they gonna pull a inJUSTice or not?
Also wouldn't going that route make Lex right?

No, Darkseid's avatars have been a thing since forever.

or supes and doom started throwing down like lex said to begin

Yeah, no. Never once shown up in New Gods, never even heard of it until today. Fuck DC and their retcons.

the fact that this thread continued past the first reply with people STILL acting like Lex was in control of Doomsday is astounding.

Are you joking? Did you really not know that Darkseid uses avatars? Are you going to tell me that you didn't know most of his appearances where he loses were Desaad as well?

Yeah, just looked it up, dumb retcon. Hope it never leaves the pages of the full retard comic books.

>to deliver me from Daddy’s fists and abominations
>and abominations
What the fuck is that supposed to mean literally? It's blunt foreshadowing but is that supposed to mean Lex's daddy made scientific monstrosities and let them lose on Lex junior?

I'm hoping it's repurposed by brainiac

or maybe he molested him.

Rape.
Junior got raped and beaten by alcho-dad.

True, but Darkseid's avatars are and have been a thing for a while. In his true form he is far beyond Thanos, even Thanos with the IG.

>"Wow, you should not pick a fight with this guy!"
>Later on makes Superman specifically pick a fight with Batman

The writing in this movie was inconsistent as fuck.

It's still fucking Manga levels of bullshit escalating threat that rapes the original concept ragged. Mind you, that's comics these days.

>Armies are useless against Darkseid. Flash, Fishman, Batman, etc they're all useless. Only Superman can truly fight Darkseid, and putting something even more powerful on the planet, that attacks anything in sight is a bad move.

Not even remotely. Superman isn't invincible in the DCEU. An oil rig tower falling on his head knocked him out. A burst of 30mm cannon fire hurt him. Batman's .50 cals at least seemed to sting. He was taken out of the fight for a while by having a train thrown at him at non-ridiculous speeds. Zack Snyder is on record as saying that a cruise missile could break his bones or give him a concussion. And of course, in terms of raw strength, he's probably going to be portrayed as Darkseid's superior. Neither are beyond the ability of the modern world to defeat, hence why Darkseid has an army.

He also was basically killed by a tactical nuke without the blast wave (because space), only surviving because Doomsday was being used as a shield and he absorbed most of the heat and radiation ("It's no use, every time we attack it, it just gets more powerful" ----> "It seems that this creature feeds on energy").

Superman going full HAM has laid a beatdown on Darkseid more than once. So, in terms of raw strength and durability, weaker than Superman, but not by an order of magnitude or anything. However, his various other abilities (e.g. Omega Beams) and technology usually allow him to best Superman in a fight.

Lex never anticipated that not only would both Superman and the Batman survive the fight, but that they would come out of it working together. He fully expected there to be a clear winner and I personally believe he was putting his money on Supes. He needed Supes to deliver what he demanded - Bruce's head.

If that had happened, Lex would have sent Clark off to some far-flung(bogus) location to get his mom, set Doomsday to be released upon the next time someone entered the genesis chamber, and immediately gone into hiding. The next person to enter(Superman returning, now aware that he's been rused) would then have gotten a face full of Doomsday.

As the chaos ensues, Lex would have used his government contacts to assemble the other metahumans he's been keeping tabs on. They would use poor, decapitated Bruce's weaponry to face down the victor of the fight - either Doomsday or a Superman who's now guilty of the murders of at least Bruce Wayne and Martha Kent, Martha having already been torched and Lois either torched by his goons as well or just another tragic victim of the Doomsday fight. Regardless of the victor, Lex has what he wants - an alien menace to save the earth from, even if it's by proxy.

This leaves only one person alive that could conceivably contradict Lex's version of events, and he's not only guilty of one murder, but also in the fight of his life. Lex then goes on to form the Justice League™(action figures sold separately)! He already had snazzy logos cooked up for his team of pocket heroes for branding purposes.

In all things, marketing is key.

>not realizing that there's no blast wave in space
>thinking resistance to nuclear radiation is the same thing as resistance to blast waves and kinetic energy
>ignoring Doomsday being used as a shield
>"this creature seems to absorb energy"

Go back to middle school.

This must be the most biased view of Superman I've seen. The oil tower happened before he had a handle on his powers, after that he was crashing through mountains and overpowering singularities like nothing.

Doomsday didn't shield him from the nuke, especially since Superman was in front of the nuke, while DD was behind him.

>The oil tower happened before he had a handle on his powers

Which makes him several orders of magnitude less durable I'm sure.

>after that he was crashing through mountains and overpowering singularities like nothing.

After that he was flying through hills of ambiguous composition and getting fucked up by having a train engine tossed at him at a slow speed. As well as having Snyder say that a cruise missile could break his bones or give him a concussion.

>Doomsday didn't shield him from the nuke, especially since Superman was in front of the nuke, while DD was behind him.

kek

>Doomsday didn't shield him from the nuke, especially since Superman was in front of the nuke, while DD was behind him.

That's definitely what he's implying, but I personally believe it was just him using his patented spaghetti method of fear-mongering to get Supes to buy what he was selling:

Namely, that he was a dangerously unbalanced madman with daddy issues and a grudge against God.

Some of those things are true, some are not, but I don't think Lex is above mixing some truth in with his lies if it serves his agenda.

Kek. Retard alert.

>luthor
>zod
>doomsday
sorry didn't happen. They couldn't find a good actor for luthor so they scrapped him, zod is dead in the previouss movie, and they decided that doomsday was too much of an important vilain to put him in a movie where the main even is batman fighting superman.

>you will never this deep in denial

I bet you're the type to believe that Affleck is Deathstroke and not Batman too.

No, Afflleck is best batman. That's the highlight of the movie.