Couldn't stand the meme cinematography

Couldn't stand the meme cinematography

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pyCrfSZdz0E&index=28&list=PLL0J8IBu1bfC8RODFzsmSRKCKlUwY59MV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I get that this movie is babby's first intellectual film and reddit likes it but holy hell, why does Sup Forums hate it so much? It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

i didnt even really notice it.

What part of the cinematography was memey?

Plebs here just hate it because they were expecting a real superhero movie and got angry when it wasn't one.

How they shot it to look like one long single shot with no cuts instead of just shooting it like a regular movie. Added nothing to the movie.

this one made it work because it actually enhanced the horror by making it feel more real.

that always sunny episode made it work because it gave everything a more hectic feel.

i dont get why they did it in birdman.

>added nothing to the movie

That was the whole movie you fucking retard

>Long takes are a meme

Zack Snyder fanboy detected.

I couldn't stand the meme jazz sountrack telling you when you're supposed to get excited.

>watch out! here's the good part!
not

How do they do it though?

yes its very true it didn't really add anything to the movie and could've been shot regularly but at the same time its the only reason you're still talking about this fucking movie two years later, and that's why people use gimmicks

they like to be contrarian

The same way every stage act in history has done it

I bet you love it when your Hans Zimmer scores get all intense when Batman comes on screen.

>implying that I should like a movie on the premise that it is "not bad". No. It's just that. Not bad. Not totally terrible, it has some redeeming qualities. Would I ever watch it again? Sure, if you pay me.

if you think birdman is art you're the pleb, pleb. Leave capeshiters out of this, you're not worth more than them.

Surely not, I mean, I think I noted some impossibilities when I saw it some time ago.

Got fucking scammed of my hard-earned money. I paid for a superhero movie not this pretentious boring waste of time.

It puts you in a mood like your watching a stage play and anything can go wrong.
You can't cut in a play, if you mess up you keep going.
It adds a level of intensity for it to just keep going and going.
Also it works because its a movie about a play.

/thread

You know I watch a lot of art films and understand them perfectly but for the life of me I could not understand what the fuck this film was trying to say.

Someone should try to recut Birdman to prove plebs wrong.

if that was their goal they failed

The title gives it all away "The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance"

It's essentially just a pulpit to bash capemovies for being puerile shallow commercial garbage but its garbage that audiences love to swallow again and again so by virtue of dumbfuck audiences they're smash hits that shape the industry.

So what's with the ending?

you know that comparing everything to capeshit doesn't raise you above it? it brings you to the same level.

To answer your question, though, hans zimmer uses actual notes. I like notes in my music. Simple drumming is not music to me. Now, go ahead call me pleb blah blah. I'm a musician and I listen mostly to jazz subgenres, and, you may have a hard time beleiving that, but most jazz music has actual melodic instruments in it. That's why I call birdman's soundtrack a meme soundtrack. Because it's the most generic, over heard, less original kind of "jazz" sounds you can come up with. It's just like the whole movie basically, bland, pointless and generic, apealing only to wannabe patricians, who, as much as they don't wanna hear it, are actually turbo-plebs.

How the fuck should I know? It was left intentionally ambiguous and furthermore it's inconsequential to the overall message of the film.

What do you think of Brubeck?

Was it intentional that all the characters in this movie were completely unlikable?

Yes

What was the intention?

>I'm a musician and I listen mostly to jazz subgenre
Oh boy here we go

It's a classic. Not the kind of thing I listen to everyday but you can't deny it's quality. Why?

I agree with this statement full-heartedly

Those tattoos, what do they mean?

That all the characters be completely unlikable.

>The part when the camera glances over an actual drummer who was playing the track the whole time
WEW TALK ABOUT A DIAGETIC PLOT TWIST

to show that people do selfish things but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to be happy

I've been listening to him lately because i've been looking for Muzak. Soundtracks for malls and stuff you know? Just wondered how someone with a more experienced ear would appraise him.

of course you wouldn't know what I'm talking about, lil wayne.

Not once did I ever get the idea that Birdman was about people deserving happiness.

Let's turn this thread into a thread about good jazz, just so people know that it exists, out there.

listen to this, great, original, feel good, actual, nothing short of amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=pyCrfSZdz0E&index=28&list=PLL0J8IBu1bfC8RODFzsmSRKCKlUwY59MV

It's not the main point of the movie but it is the reason that everyone is unlikable.
Which I guess is supposed to be contrary to blockbuster superhero movies where were only supposed to like the good guys who are nice and hate the bad guys who are mean.

TLDR: I'm guessing based on the context of the movie and Inarritu talking about hating superhero movies in interviews. Probably completely off-base.

first time I watched this was on my aunt's smart TV with it's bullshit frame interpolation """TruMotion""" to give it a fake 60fps.

It looked alright actually.

"Iron Man got me triggered so I had to make a whole movie about it"
That's literally it. Accusing Robert Downey Jr being untalented, that scene where people in superhero costumes fought against each other, even the poster is a parody of Iron Man posters.

What do you think about Reich and Xenakis?

doesn't qualify as music to me. I think the fascination for this kind of experiments is the same kind of fascination that one has for watching a train wreck happen. Basically, take instruments and create something else than music. It's like those contepctual art experiments where people take food and say "this is shit" and proceed to rub it on their faces and clothes.
Long story short, art evolves between two extremes: concept and technique.You need both, but, from my opinion, concept is the center so every point of the piece should be as far away from it as possible, on the line of technique. The more "conceptual" the art, the more lazy and unninteresting, the more "technical", the more bold and impressive. Of course that makes me extremely old school and if you say what I just told you to some liberal arts degree specialized in conceptual performances you'll get called a reactionnary nazi who should be hanged in the name of progress.

>Added nothing to the movie.

Can you say what exactly is wrong with "Music for 18 Musicians"?

No one can. That's why it's almost universally acclaimed as good. From my point of view though (as i said here ) the fact that nothing is seemingly wrong with a work doesn't make it good.
So, I would ask you, what is good about music for 18 musicians?

But to experiment, or deviate from the norm, you need to master the technical.

that's the common excuse. It's true in some cases, false in other. Don't take me too literrally, I'm not calling every experimenter a hack. I'm just stating my personnal preference in term of polarity if you will between technique and concept.