Why is this movie compared favourably by anyone to other great films from the same year, let alone decade?

Why is this movie compared favourably by anyone to other great films from the same year, let alone decade?

because is cukrantino's only good work and he lived off the success of that movie since.

pseudo-intellectualism

It's not trying to be Forrest Gump or The Shawshank Redemption

Literally how is it good?

Bohemian self-erasure is the main sticking point of the film, insofar as the characters and the people watching define themselves by the "ebin bants"

And it never will be ;)

you're right, it's not good. I should have used the term "entertaining".

>only good work

we should have a special term for people who like tanrantino. They're both cucks and plebs. They should be called plucks.

Great, you can be our first pluck.

At the very least reservoir dogs is better than pulp

>It's less popular than Pulp fiction and it's older so I'll look cool if I say it's better
Fuck off hipster, it's just as bad as any other piece of garbage this director has shat out.

Because the story was presented in a new and unique way compared to most movies at the time.
Also a few years back it used to be loved in this board but since we're contrarians and because of cucks it's cool to hate it now.
Bitch please, Pulp is fucking overrated but at least it's not a fucking work of plagiarism.

Actually, I'm an alphatrician. You're the pluck.

>a few years back it used to be loved in this board but since we're contrarians and because of cucks it's cool to hate it now

Sup Forums in a nutshell. The children here are afraid to like anything le reddit boogeyman likes.

you got it wrong.
Sup Forums happened, simple as that.

Has anyone else tried rewatching this? Why is it so dull? Seriously, try watching this movie again. I know it's considered a classic, but it's so fucking boring. 98% of the movie is sleep inducing.

18+

I didn't like it very much because I didn't get it. Is there a point in this story that went over my head? I found it pointless, there was nothing to get out of this experience. I don't know why it's so classic.
This is not some kind of attempt to be the edgy defying kiddo. I genuinely am curious if there is something I didn't appreciate in it.

The dialogue and storytelling style is why every one likes the movie, it's the dialogue more than anything that Tarantino is known for, and why people like his movies so much.

because it's been done a lot by now

when pulp fiction came out it was groundbreaking

we waz royale w/ cheese an shit

Thursday was better

I watched it back then too. But dont take my word, rewatch it right now. Every scene is boring. Nothing interesting or entertaining aside from 1 or 2 scenes, the entire movie.

You don't seem to understand how much it has changed everything that came after it. It was new and fresh at the time. Different elements of it have been copied to death for the last 22 years.

How does calling yourself a pluck help your argument, dannyboytbh?

>it's a Sup Forums gets contrarian for attention episode
ironicfrog.webm