Knowledgeable hacker

>knowledgeable hacker
>uses a torrent program that mines bitcoins without telling you

>knowledgeable hacker
>seeds

Wait what?

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed, like Elliot what the fuck are you doing.

>smart enough to use GNU/Linux competently
>still uses utorrent

I mean...fucking rtorrent or transmission man.

>Just one file
>The movie he is about to watch

hmmm...

The utorrent developers added a bitcoin miner that runs in the background of their shitty ad-riddled product.

They later removed it, but if you're still using utorrent roll back to 2.2.1 (no ads) or change to qbittorrent/deluge

>literally anyone
>seeding

>being able to torrent without seeders

Really makes you think

Basically all 'free' software nowadays includes bitcoin mining elements that sends the coins to the developers. Sometimes with permission when you install it, but often without.

>Hacker wears a mask to hide his IP address.

If u weren't such a moron OP u would see the correlation between the secret bitcoin mining to the antagonist corporation scheming to replace the petrodollar with their own cryptocurrency.
Their is even a SUPER subtle mentioning of secret MINING projects.
Not to mention Esmail purposefully uses everything from u torrent to Sup Forums and IRC as nods toward the audience's own past experiences to aid in immersion (I mean for fucks sake the protagonist even used Netscape and like Geocities in his child hood flash back)

It is a solid show. And before any moron posts the pasta, elliot has only had sex once with one character and it was a girl that was already into him and high on morphine, weed, and Molly.

Suck all dick.

I'm still on 1.8, is there ANY benefit to switch to somthing else? I have qbittorrent but I didn't notice any difference.

>Its a hot masked hacker threats to shoot you through the internet

Man I always seed. Only pussies or cunts don't contribute. My old demonoid ratio was fucking insane. I think I was just shy of 700gb upload just in 2009. Hell even like 3 years ago I had uploaded 400 gigs through kat

Don't get it? That's the joke

>roll back to 2.2.1
not possible

>only 700 gigs

Fucking git gud m8

Only acceptable time to stop seeding is when your gaming.

>hdrip
>dvd rip

wtf I hate mr Robot now

>not having your cake and eating it too

Really makes wonder if you can think.

>speed 0.3 kb/s

FUCKING LEECH

>when your gaming

If not Utorrent what is the next best thing?

Well, you know, to his defense, it looked like a pretty old and shitty laptop.

Likely had a fucking IDE hard drive in there, like 40gb or something.

qBittorrent

deluge

yeah but he also has some bdrips there so it just makes him a normie that doesn't see the difference.

Transmission

Fucking contrairians with no social skills. Your supposed to support fellow seeders. And I clearly said the 700gb upload was for one year alone. From 2003 to now? Not to mention I still have my original data on separate drives since I always had back ups?

I bet I have more data transmission then anyone on TV

Shit I still have Napster/kazaa/Morpheus files and aim/aol logs from 2000, and I was a major IRC pirate. Shit I am who posted unreleased kobain demos and Metallica bootlegs before niggas had sound cards

Wasn't it the black dudes computer anyway?????

>more then
more when?

.org ?

BTW when are we going to have HDR rips on the internet?
I bought a HDR Sup Forums just for that and only thing i can watch is HDR demos and one shitty show on Netflix.
There are also two Adam Sandler HDR movies there but i can't watch more than 2 min of that crap.

>that webm
kek

>I bought a(n) HDR Sup Forums
kek

They want him to reference obscure computer shit, but not so obscure that normies won't be able to recognize it.

that movie he is watching sounds cringe

oh n0es i don wan get h4x0r3d

is qBittorrent good or does the q stand for queer?

i seed because i'm with a private tracker and need to keep a decent ratio

>rip demonoid
you were taken from us too soon

It's a great thing really. It's definitely not another meme like 3D or curved tv's.
I've heard they are shooting Season 2 of "Planet Earth" in 4K HDR, it's going to look amazing i guess.

>what is irony

Alright, so I'm retarded. How does this program mine a cryptocurrency from someone? Do they already have to have some? Or does the program just poof magical digital coins out of nowhere? And if the latter is the case, how is this currency worth anything?

Not defending them, I legitimately don't know how this shit works.

Also, someone post Rico desiring to know more for me. Thought I had it, but apparently don't, so have retard Garfield instead.

How do you even send a UDP packet to someone when their NAT server is in the way?

>still getting confused between then and than

you fucks are a diamond dozen.

>That controller aiming
Why do people do this to themselves?

In order to generate bitcoins you can download a program that "mines" them.

It basically uses your computer to perform computations that encrypt recent bitcoin transactions. You are rewarded for your work with bitcoins.

What they were doing was installing a bitcoin miner on other peoples computer, so the users computer did all the work, but the owners of utorrent got the bitcoins generated from it.

> Or does the program just poof magical digital coins out of nowhere?

Yes, that's pretty much exactly what happens, except you don't just change a number in a machine, you have to work to get them (or convert from another form of currency). The reason bitcoins have value is because people believe bitcoins to have value. Just like any form of money, if people stop believing it's worth something it stops being worth something.

>flashback to 2015
>darline's computer

WEW

>trying to defend this garbage le HacK3r shitty show

The same reasoning behind getting cucked.