Itt: films that SJWs will literally never stop crying about, even after a hundred years have passed

Itt: films that SJWs will literally never stop crying about, even after a hundred years have passed.

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2016/07/hbo-vice-principals-tv-review.html
theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jul/15/vice-principals-hbo-danny-mcbride-walton-goggins-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do they complain about this? Is it because the main character is played by a non-japanese person?

So is the idea that films should only have realistic casting? You're against the casting of this film, or you think leftist SJWs are?

They call it a "white savior" movie as if the term is an insult. They even bitched about the recent Tarzan movie for the same thing which is pretty hilarious to me.

Im gonna make a movie called The Last Nigga On Earth starring Tom Hanks

>"white savior"
>all the samurai slaughtered at the end

What did he save? I'm assuming they didn't even bother seeing the movie

Do you think you'll be among the avante-garde, the first to cast a black character with a white actor?

You're the only person I see complaining about it, user. Do you need to take a nap in the hugbox?

Pretty much. They just assume Cruise's character is the "last samurai" when it's the warlord played by Watanabe who is the title character. It didn't help that Chapelle's Show made a joke about it {) and helped push that opinion.

>the American civil war soldier that goes to Japan to teach their army military tactics shouldn't be white

SJWs really are ignorant

Just read this shit: vulture.com/2016/07/hbo-vice-principals-tv-review.html

Saviour? They never depended on him. If he did save anything, it was by BTFO the westerners at the end, in which he had an insignificant role.
I am triggered now.

Hard to believe the butthurt about this: theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jul/15/vice-principals-hbo-danny-mcbride-walton-goggins-review

Can the world just end in nuclear annihilation already? This is getting fucking ridiculous

No they aren't.

It's the fact that you can't do a movie about Japan or anybody NOT white unless there's white man starring in it. Like, white people aren't able to see a movie or anything unless it stars a white person. This, especially, if it's about a white person saving some other kind of people. Meanwhile, it is expected to everyone else and everyone can go to see a movie starring themselves AND whites.

It goes to show you that white people, white men in particular, have grown to act like that due to the fact that they have been brainwashed that way.

meanwhile nobody cares about that Moses movie with Christian Bale and how all the jews were white

I love how many people were butthurt about a white guy being a samurai. Uh oh, I guess you didn't actually watch the fucking movie huh? Just need something to complain about huh?? You make me fucking sick to my stomach.

If it the show was about about two black women trying to take a white man down wouldn't you be complaining about how people were laughing at how they make white men into the villain again? That white men are the, true, victims here? Yet, when it's the opposite then it's funny?

Honestly, I don't care who's taking down who as long as its funny. And Danny McBride and Jody Hill are comic genouses

SJWs would cheer if a nigger like Elba was the star instead of Cruise.

it was a poor marketing choice to call the movie the last samurai and have all the promo posters featuring tom cruise and it deserved all the cracks and jokes about it

it was also a poor directorial choice to make cruise the focus of the story and not more of an ensemble

>meanwhile nobody cares about that Moses movie with Christian Bale and how all the jews were white
people did care - just not enough to watch it. the movie bombed.

They all have white men because it is made by white men, who are still a majority of the population in the west, and the ones with enough income to pay for these movies

how diverse are movies made in japan?

One would expect they're as diverse as Japan.

Just like one should expect a show made in LA would be as diverse as LA.

Steven Seagal complained about it
>I would say the same thing, just to be polite. Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “The Last Samurai.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

Is the show worth watching?
If it makes liberals piss their pants I'm very inclined to watch it

I liked the direction. I wouldn't mind a movie looking at those events in a more broad manner, but I'm happy with how the Last Samurai is.
A jaded, bitter war veteran pissing away his time on earth because he hates himself goes to a strange foreign land and learns to enjoy life again.
I loved seeing how over the course of the movie he changes as he observes a foreign culture which he doesn't initially understand and comes to appreciate and become a part of their way of life.

>Is the show worth watching?
I really like it, but i'm massive Danny McBride fan. If you like Eastbound and Down or This is the End i'd recomend it.

>kingdom of heaven is one of my fav movies
>it shows arabs werent really the bad guys
>each side had its villains
>the hero respected his enemy
>audiences hated it
this is why we have shit like the great wall with white savior bullshit and the same fucking recycled garbage story

good post. never forget that you deserve better than Sup Forums.

>Cloud Atlas
Why is that?

i dont get that complaint

tom cruise is an ACTOR, they act

he does not need to be a weeb samurai to act as one

But Ken Watanabe's character was the last samurai.

>kingdom of heaven is one of my fav movies
Mah nigga.

>it shows arabs werent really the bad guys
Not really, there's a point in the movie where they're talking in Saladin's camp and it becomes clear that the war parties Saladin put together are pretty much just lusting for blood, as well as other things.
People think it shits solely on christianity but it's only because the movie is majorly focused around christians.
The point of the movie is really that people use religion as a manner of concealing and justifying actions taken towards their own selfish goals.

That being said, I've only watched the director's cut and I heard that the theatrical cut was pretty bad.

probably because some characters used yellow face (and white face, but like they give a shit) throughout it, which was a necessity because of the whole soul idea it has going on.
I doubt SJWs would even be able to understand what the point of the movie is, seeing as they're probably soulless bastards themselves.

People who need there to be a person of their own race to be able to identify and relate to a movie shouldn't have their opinions taken seriously.
In the context of the Last Samurai, it makes sense for it to be a white person due to the story and not ulterior reasons.

I agree. That's the point of being an actor after all; when you want a miner character you don't necessarily seek a guy who spent the last ten years underground, but rather the one that looks the part. Although it can help of course.

The Last Samurai isn't worth defending. It's not just that they took Japanese history and rewrote/recast it through white eyes it's that it's a genuinely dumb movie full of anti-Western and weeaboo cliches. It's a movie that probably has infinitely more meaning to whites then it does to the Japanese. To whites it's a condemnation of Western culture, capitalism, science, colonialism, and government in favor of a Japan recast as a libertarian-friendly feudal paradise and to the Japanese I suppose it must seem like a meaningless fantasy film about a white guy meeting a samurai and getting a case of yellow fever while hundreds of thousands of Japanese peasants toil and starve off-screen somewhere.

well, white guy is the only choice you have for tarzan

Imagine for a second you had a black actor going to the jungle to live with the monkey, they would never stop crying about it

he was supposed to be a mutant or weird half breed

i dont know that movie fucking sucked

Nobody even talks about or remembers this movie let alone cries over it.

Where you paying attention? He reincarnated an asian in that storyline

>you had a black actor going to the jungle to live with the monkey
I would watch a Tarzan parody/comedy with a nigga that just said "fuck it" towards modern society and hangs with his ape-bros eating bananas.

>Where you paying attention?
not really
>He reincarnated an asian in that storyline
i swear that storyline had something to do with mutants or aliens or clones

>not really
stopped reading there

But they saved him, and white culture is fucking Japan

>I was raised in Japan
>Seagal moved to Japan at some point between the ages of 19 and 21 with his father who was visiting for military purposes, and met karate masters and decided to remain in Japan
>raised in Japan
>moved to Japan at the age of 19
>raised in Japan
>19

>whites ITT scrambling to defend WE WUZ ASIANS

hahaha this is like christmas. pol and white manbabies confirmed for hypocrites who just want to see a white power fantasy

they could've gotten an asian actor instead of the insulting embarassing whiteface

>white savior
They never voice this concern about Daenerys in game of shit though, fucking hypocrites.

Because all Japanese are dirty, smelly rice farmers, right guys?
These people are even more racist, they just don't see it.

Because you can't fucking act, Steven. I thought this was common knowledge
>Imagining Steven Seagal in that movie
Jesus Christ.

if cruise's character wasn't in it they would just claim it was an imperialist film where whitey is ruining things for the poor noble savages

But his character is based off a French man.

When they were still white.

All white cast

>Steven Seagal complained about it

That's a hilarious view into the delusions of Seagal, but I would hardly say he was an sjw complaining about the movie.

Do these fucking morons know it's based on a true story ?

>true story

If you mean true story as in the real story was actually about a Frenchmen, then sure.

yeah well, it's a US movie. don't ask too much of them.

those orcs didn't look white

>He had never been to Japan
> October 10, 2006, was declared "Tom Cruise Day" in Japan; the Japan Memorial Day Association said that he was awarded with a special day because he has made more trips to Japan than any other Hollywood star

>white saviour
>alcoholic veteran with a guilty conscience and no purpose in life until he meets the people he "saves"

I suppose the only argument you could make is that he is the pivotal figure in the story, but then again - so what? It's a story told from a Westerner's perspective. Is that no longer allowed?

Thats not true and you fucking know it.&

>those orcs didn't look white
the good guys wear white the bad guys were black or spice and there was a traitor who went full rainbow from being white to "many colors" - and he later decided to invite non-whites into previously homogeneous white country

there is also that part when not-jews were so greedy that they managed to unleash literal devil into the world, and one of the story arcs is about not-jew dropping his supreriority complex and converying to not-catholicism

You liberals really are incredibly delusional if this isn't bait. I think it's hilarious you take these conspiracy theories seriously.

He's more or less correct. Although it's a question of whether you want to consider Jews white or not. If they're not, whites are actually underrepresented in Hollywood movies, believe it or not.

Apocalypto. Made by supposedly the most racist and intolerant anti-semite in Hollywood.

Checkmate, mate.