"What was I supposed to do, just let them all die?"

>"What was I supposed to do, just let them all die?"

What's wrong with answering "maybe"?

What was Pa Kent supposed to say?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rTtG5tEMm0c
youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pa Kent doesn't answer, he just looks away ambiguously, then talks about something else.

>WIT GR3AT POW>

why was keeping his power a secret more important than the lives of dozens of innocent children?

>I don't know
would even be better

He actually says "baby"

>Only save the Aryans, son.
Really, Snyder?

Yes, would show true incertainty and tension of the moment... "maybe" shows that he really considers the option

>You are going to wah?
>That redneck, kansas cowboy son of a bitch brought the takbir to us.
Wait, Bruce knew he was Clark?

Clark, did I ever tell you about the time I drowned the neighbors' horses?

>reveals his powers
>zod, lex and doomsday happen

>What was Pa Kent supposed to say?
"you did the right thing son"

He didn't know, it was a moment of conflict between how he thought Clark should always hide his powers and how Clark thought he should use his powers when needed.

i think zod was on his way anyway

I'm really baffled how you can fuck up such a simple character

I honestly don't get why yall keep posting about Kevin Costner in Man of Steel. His scenes and character were easily the best part about the entire movie.

Yes, even the "no son don't save me scene." It made perfect sense in the context of the movie.

Why didn't he just let Clark go after the family dog?

Also bridges are one of the most dangerous places to be in the event of a tornado.

This
I don't get it why people was so upset about him .
Just put things in perspective :
A father that knows his "son" will have a future that's gonna change the world , a father who has been around since at leats 50-55 years and witnessed what mankind did in the name of the difference .
He just wants save clark some time , he wants him to gain experience to handle this shit . Because he clearly knows his son wont be accepted

>>reveals his powers
>>zod, lex and doomsday happen
Actually, Zod was coming, and the only reason humanity wasn't ready to defend itself was because Pa Kent deliberately hide the threat of superpowered aliens from earth governments. There could have been hundreds of ways Earth could have prepared for aliens if Superman was a known quantity. For example, the Suicide Squad would have been formed a decade earlier, and they would have been handy during the Zod invasion.

No, Zod only knew where Supes was when Supes activated the lost kryptonian scout ship buried in the arctic or some shit

>Anyone on Suicide Squad able to beat Zod
lol

>the Suicide Squad

mate Faora would wreck the Skwad herself

This.

I love how we reached the point were even Zack Snyder is smarter than the retards that post here.

Including you of course

ITT: DC fanboys invent fanwank justifications for the stupid behaviour of a badly written movie character

>No, Zod only knew where Supes was when Supes activated the lost kryptonian scout ship buried in the arctic or some shit
And what happens if not Zod? There are plenty more threats. But humanity was ignorant because Pa Kent thinks there is only one superpowered alien in the entire universe. Pa Kent think there couldn't be more of them, or others of different powers. He thinks just keeping quiet would mean all the aliens would go away. He was dead wrong.

Humanity can't afford to wait. Humanity needed to know that aliens, dangerous aliens exist. And humanity need to deal with that fact before they get invaded. But Clark left it too late.

>Pa Kent thinks there is only one superpowered alien in the entire universe. Pa Kent think there couldn't be more of them, or others of different powers. He thinks just keeping quiet would mean all the aliens would go away. He was dead wrong.

Pa Kent isnt the Secretary of Defense. He's a father, a simple farmer. His duty is to protect his son.

>save people and have government go ape shit and prison this alien super kid
or
>let a few niggers die like nature intended and remain safe on his farm

??????

Clark was young. He probably would have punched a few cars out the way or something like that, infront of the people under the overpass.

>Pa Kent isnt the Secretary of Defense. He's a father, a simple farmer. His duty is to protect his son.
His invincible son is the last person on Earth who needed protection. And I meant that literally. Pa Kent told Clark to wait until Earth is ready, but did he ever SAID what he meant by "ready"? Did he ever gave Clark any instructions of when to reveal himself? No, he just want Clark to stay hidden for ever, because he never wanted Earth to be ready.

It's too bad Clark wasn't a "Species"-type alien, sent to basically wipe out humanity.

Would've been great if Pa Kent was just naively harboring the doom of mankind the whole time.

>His invincible son

I don't understand your supposing that Pa knew and understood the extent of Clark's powers and physiology. He knew he had abilities, not that he was nigh invulnerable. He didnt grow up knowing about Superman in pop culture like we did. For all he knew, Clark had easily exploitable weaknesses.

>government go ape shit and prison this alien super kid
we both know they wouldn't be able to keep him locked up

>I don't understand your supposing that Pa knew and understood the extent of Clark's powers and physiology. He knew he had abilities, not that he was nigh invulnerable. He didnt grow up knowing about Superman in pop culture like we did. For all he knew, Clark had easily exploitable weaknesses.
And? See, your argument doesn't hold water, when we had multiple Pa Kents in film and TV shows that didn't have a problem with their son becoming a public superhero. This is the first Pa Kent in a long time that think it is a good idea to NOT unleash superman in Earth and make the world a better place.

Yes, the world sucks, but that's why we need Superman. That was the reason Superman was able to do good. If the world is happy and rosy, a world where Clark Kent wouldn't be attacked, then Clark Kent would have never needed to be Superman. Superman's purpose is to make the world better, but Pa Kent got it backwards.

Pa Kent wanted the world to be better first, before he would allow Superman to exist. He literally would only allow Superman to appear when the world doesn't need him at all. And that is the same thing as saying he never wanted Superman ever.

When the trailer came out i thought the scene in the movie would be young clark is getting bullied and in a fit of rage punches the side of the bus accidentilly flipping it over into the lake and thats the main reason hes being lectured to by pa kent.

Then i watched the movie and nope, pa kent just doesnt like the idea of his son helping people in need.

yeah coz hed go ape shit and probably accidently kill a few people, he'd run home crying and they'd bring tanks and shit to his house.

>Yes, the world sucks, but that's why we need YOU.

Why aren't you out there saving people user? Hmm??

You mean like goku?

How about no

>Why aren't you out there saving people user? Hmm??
I do what I can with what power I have, which isn't much. But I do it. And I only expect Clark Kent to work proportionally as hard as I am, using what power HE has.

Again, he was not "Superman" to his dad. He was just a little kid with strange powers. The previous Pa Kent's did what a simple plot necessitated them to do, "Yeah, go be Superman©!" This was a more nuanced take with a compassionate dad.

>the world sucks, but that's why we need Superman

He simply is not Superman to his dad. What/who we know as Superman has a lot of connotations, history, etc. Pa Kent can't see into the future, can't understand what his son is or is capable of. It's not like the birth pod showed him a video of the future in which his son took the mantle and saved the world a bunch of times and stuff, he's just his kid.

He is Clark, not Superman to his Dad. That's it.

>I do what I can with what power I have, which isn't much. But I do it.

What do you do exactly?

>. Pa Kent can't see into the future, can't understand what his son is or is capable of.
Then the movie trailer literally lied. All the talk about Superman being the beacon and humanity following Superman into the sunlight? What the fuck was he saying all that for if he doesn't mean any of it?

>"What was I supposed to do, just let them all die?"
>No, you should go out there and kill every motherfucker you come across. Become who you were meant to be. Become the Murderman!

>What do you do exactly?
Everyone has secret identities for a reason, user.

That was Jor-El who had a better understanding of what he was capable of.

Anything else. I don't know why he was worried about his 99% invincible son being exposed. Its not like anyone would be able to do anything to him.

>99% invincible son
>Its not like anyone would be able to do anything to him.

He knew this how?

>Who is Jor-El

Because he's literally Superman

Seeing as how Pa was more worried about him being exposed than heading towards a tornado, I think he had a pretty good idea.

To add to this, I think it's worth bearing in mind the scene where Pa Costner shows Clark the ship. I forget the exact exchange, but it goes along the lines of Clark saying "Can't I just be your son?" and Pa Costner getting emotional and responding in the affirmative.

>I forget the exact exchange, but it goes along the lines of Clark saying "Can't I just be your son?" and Pa Costner getting emotional and responding in the affirmative.
He can't be Pa Kent's son if Pa Kent is not alive anymore.

wat

YOURE THE ANSWER SON, YOU'RE THE ANSWER TO ARE WE ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE BUT LOL YOU SHOULD ALSO NEVER HELP ANYONE OR DO ANYTHING FOR ANYONE

because zack snyder thinks every superhero would become a character from watchmen. So superman would obviously just become doctor manhattan, despite the fact hes not omniscient.

see

>I love how we reached the point were even Zack Snyder is smarter than the retards that post here.

>remember son, because I'm a weak and powerless man, anything you do will just cause more problems. Its not like you're invulnerable, can fly across the globe in minutes, can shoot lasers from your eyes, and could easily save the horses down river in a way I couldn't.
>let my weakness and stupidity govern your entire life
>never force me to admit someone alive isn't as weak and stupid as me
>you're a good son

Pa Kent, literally the biggest retard in the lame snyderverse

remember

I'm starting to think pa kent is a representation of zack snyder's real father, who thought of him as a useless faggot retard (due to the fact he's diagnosibly retarded) who would never accomplish anything in his life. And the fact hes directing movies that are making millions makes him kinda like superman. So the DCEU is personal for snyder in the sense hes shedding what his father hammered into him by becoming incredibly rich and successful.

because nothing else makes any fucking sense

because he was an overprotective father worried how the government and world would treat his son if they found out his secret.

seriously guys? this shit isn't hard to understand.

if zod won, then they wouldn't be able to farm the DC comics for material anymore.

see

lol what retarded hyperbole.

attempts to save dog because it's his fucking dog, doesn't let clark do it because world would see his superpowers.

epic post

This
youtube.com/watch?v=rTtG5tEMm0c

this panel started off good then just went completely fucking random, what autist made it.

>kill yourself over a dog
>no son dont help me after all i got myself into this situation in the first place while LITERALLY not thinking about my safety at all but your safety is my priority, did i mention this dog equates to my life? this is totally worth it
>STOP INVINCIBLE SON
kill yourself anytime famalam

no he literally isnt

STOP INVINCIBLE SON

Considering all that senate hearing bullshit and numale cucks with anti-Superman shirts protesting him, I'd say Pa Kent was right.

People really defending LET THEM DROWN CLARK and STOP INVINCIBLE SON Pa Kent here? Are you retarded?

>"the world"
>This is what Kansas actually believes

this was a better way to tell Clark to use his powers responsibly
youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU
All Zack and Goyer had to do was something similar and edgify it

>Considering all that senate hearing bullshit and numale cucks with anti-Superman shirts protesting him, I'd say Pa Kent was right.
That's self-fulfilling prophecy. The first alien Humanity saw wasn't the benevolent Superman out to help them, but the genocidal Zod out to kill them. Pa Kent had the chance to manage how humanity would view Clark, but he gave that up. And now people think of Superman as another potential Zod. Because Zod is what humanity saw first.

not*

i've already rebutted your posts.

he saved the dog because he wanted to, in real life some people would try to save the dog some wouldn't.

of course his son is his priority he knew he was fucked and clark would obviously try and save him, but it was too late and if clark tried everyone would see his powers.

He literally saved the entire planet from an alien invasion. The anti-Superman protests were ridiculous.

>He literally saved the entire planet from an alien invasion. The anti-Superman protests were ridiculous.
The first alien Earth had ever known was a murderer. And Clark is of the exact same alien race. Clark is being viewed as a future Zod, because Zod is what humanity known as their first Cryptonian. First impression matters.

They also talked about this in the prequel comic.

go to bed zach "the hack" snyder

HALT UNSTOPPABLE CHILD

>gets proven wrong
>hehe time to deflect discussion with memes

What the fuck was that? he just plopped to the ground?

Man... There is such a thing as nostalgia googles

>proven wrong
>proven
nigga you didnt """"""""""""""""""""""prove"""""""""""""""""""""" anything. using a dog as the ultimate reason for pa kents death is literal 12 year old writing. see: Naruto

is this a dc shill?

feel like a fucking robot jesus christ that movie was shit

Interesting insight user, you're doing great.