Why don't we see more films and movies about Knights and Chivalry?

Why don't we see more films and movies about Knights and Chivalry?

because only nerds care about that

Because part of contemporary society doesn't think highly of honor, bravery, and heroic deeds.
See: public reaction to BvS.

Cos it's simple and outdated. Why'd do you King Arthur has gone 300 and English heist flick?

kys

AYO HOL' UP HOL' UP

A film like that would have to include strong womyn and immigrants.

I think it's been long enough since we've had a traditional medieval knight movie for one to feel new and innovative while just sticking to the basics and get praised for it. Probably not by the usual Bay Area League of Critics who judge a movie by the quips-per-minute and amount of positively portrait minority characters but the audience will appreciate and reward it.

What do you mean, user?

>no ni-'immigrants' allowed because it's not realistic in my wizards and dragons historical fantasy

internal consistency

if you honestly start reee-ing because black people weren't around back then!!!, and not because you're racist, it doesn't really make sense given that king arthur is a historical myth, dragons don't exist, and wizards went extinct after the cold war

Google internal consistency.

i think because of budgets mostly, it's a big undertaking to make a convincing medieval movie, makes me sad man, medieval sheet is my fav

excalibur, berserk, got, lotr, legend of the seeker

Poignant post, i agree

well this makes perfect sense

Retard.

In context of fiction of course. You pick a setting(medieval england), establish lore(magic exists and so do monsters but they are extremely rare and dangerous spoken of only in hush tones in the dead of night) and stick to it. If you want to add black actors, they have to be treated by the general public like a pink elephant. You want a woman fighting? It has to be delivered like it's a really rare occurrence. Suspicion and mistrust has to be present in every scene that has those characters on the screen. Simply because they're not used to it, maybe they've heard a story about something like that existing from a traveler but they could never imagine seeing it for themselves. Go watch Prince of Thieves, Name of The Rose and Flesh + Blood to get a sense.

it just seems odd, to me, that it's easy to watch wizards and dragons and be all 'well ok that makes sense' but see a black person and it's all 'well that's just ridiculous, immersion ruined'

>immersion ruined
Then why not have people levitate and sword fights going full wire-fu? One thing is easily believable because we're used to it, we connect medieval fantasy with the occasional monster and magic but medieval europe/england being as diverse as NYC just doesn't work. It's a step too far.

>why not have people levitate and sword fights going full wire-fu?
that's actually a good question. would that be as believable as seeing a black person in medieval fantasy?

You're just repeating the same moronic babble over and over again. The best fantasy is grounded, so that the fantastical elements stand out.

>if it's fiction/fantasy why not let ANYTHING be possible?
I love this fucking meme

Why not have Frodo and Gollum have a lightsaber duel at Mount Doom, it's just fantasy bro

it was already a trope by the 19th century

Put it this way. If an IP is set up so that travel is difficult, lengthy, costly, and dangerous, peoples from vastly different regions being common occurrence in any location undermines that, greatly, unless said people are uncommonly wealthy/affluent. Which is a story worth telling.

So just throwing in black/asian/indian people, at random, as if they belong thousands of miles from their native region, thousands of miles that are occupied by thousands of people all of which would kill the foreigner, take all their possessions, and the leave the body to rot, does nothing but disservice to your narrative.