Seriously, no meme. How the fuck do you fuck up this badly?

Seriously, no meme. How the fuck do you fuck up this badly?

How do they fix this?

>no meme
Okay. Before anything else, these are the architects of this world's overall style, and direction that everything that follows will echo and be burdened with following within the shared narrative.

Scared to ape Marvel, yet equally afraid to try something new and stick with it

I don't know

They woefully misunderstand what people want, because their biggest success was the Nolan Batman movies. They look at those, and on a surface level see "dark, gritty, realistic, broody" and think "yes, that's what we need to do, it worked before!" While at the same time, looking over at Marvel and going "Hah, hah, hurumph! It's nothing but cartoons.... FOR CHILDREN!"

Because, y'know, there is some silent and somehow invisible and physically insubstantial majority of TRUE ADULTS who ONLY WATCH ADULT CARTOONS. Y'know, the last 40 years hasn't seen every man and woman grown to be an immature teenager well into their 30's.

>While at the same time, looking over at Marvel and going "Hah, hah, hurumph! It's nothing but cartoons.... FOR CHILDREN!"
And then Marvel make billions by selling toys for children while DC makes a movie with "suicide" in the title that guarantees it won't sell any toys at all.
BRAVO WARNER

They should honestly just give up on the idea of the Cinematic Universe while they're ahead

They want to be marvel/disney
You can't

You know, they could have used "Task Force X" as an alternate title.

hire nolan again

they're trying too hard

Thing is, they want to be marvel/disney without actually doing the things Marvel did to be succesful.

That's one way of putting it.

Stop paying all these shit editors

It suffers from the same problem that capeshit does in general in that it panders to picky fans rather than going about the business of making a story. It's just one uninspired checklist of shit that'll excite autists. Marvel isn't going down I think because they pull this off better opposed to DC's confused approach. Suicide Squad trailers are perfect example with their tone all over the place from serious to Saturday morning cartoon.

if there is one inevitable truth it is that a movie will only get much worst past any original conception

they need to scrap the entire DC project

They just need to make a simple goddamn story with a clear protangonist, a clear antagonist and a coherent narrative arc that gets resolved in one film and leaves the audience feeling like something has been accomplished

I believe that a Batfleck solo film could achieve that but at this point I'm wondering if the DCEU even makes it that far

so now this universe has two strikes
is WW coming before justice league

They fucked up by trying to do the same thing Marvel does and bring all their heros together in one universe. However, due to them being idiots or just delusional, they think they can do it in roughly 2 years. So everything feels rushed as fuck.
The best way to fix it is start all over again. Make a good Batman and a good Superman movie. Then don't be a retard and keep them in a seperate universe since there is absolutely no way Superman gains anything by teaming up with Batman.

>without actually doing the things Marvel did to be succesful.

They honestly think the key to Marvel's success is dank maymays, so when they try their own and it doesn't work, bias and bribes are the only thing they think can explain it.

Marvel won because they made people care about characters they've never even heard of before. People are excited for the next movie starring Rocket Raccoon and Star-Lord.

>posts on Sup Forums
>"no meme"

This.

A lot of peop are fucking up to get us where we are now, but 70% of it can be traced back to these two fuckos for fumbling the kickoff

It's way too late to start over again. They are all in now that WW and Justice League are a done deal.

They need to decent goddamn story. That's it. Stop shoving so much shit. If they were patient, and took time with the characters then it wouldn't be a problem

>People are excited for the next movie starring Rocket Raccoon and Star-Lord.

And Marvel is expertly playing the long game. The Infinity War teamup movie where the Avengers will meet the GotG crew will shatter box office records.

mom didn't flip

THERE JUST A SUCKER FOR PAIN

>I believe that a Batfleck solo film could achieve that but at this point I'm wondering if the DCEU even makes it that far

That's what really makes me mad. I'm a Batfag and Batfleck went from "Eh, I guess it could be ok" to "HOLY SHIT" with his parts in BvS but it's sandwiched in boring shit nobody wants. Now they're doing JL and WW, I don't know if the universe could continue if those two pull mediocre numbers.

They should've skipped BvS and made a Solo Batman film then tie it into BvS so they would get interest and wouldn't cram all that shit into movie.

DC fanboy here.

Even I can admit the movies have problems, and I like them a lot.

Problems that piss me off, in no order.

>Man of steel
Superman does not give a single fuck about how many people he saves in the city
STOP INVINCIBLE SON
Zod ignoring Mars, and not being how he is in the comics, at all.
The fucking CRIMINAL under use of Martha Kent in the film
STOP INVINCIBLE SON gets a second mention
Killing Supermans Dad, just to have him be a computer program, that is wiped out forever, and we never see the impact of him never speaking to his Dad again

And the overall tone was so fucking wrong.

>Batman V Superman
Batman killing people
No seriously, you can't just open on that. When we've had Batmen in comics that kill (different universe batman who kills after Jason dies, Thomas Wayne, Vampire Batman, etc etc) its always shown and told WHY he is doing it. You can't just fucking go "lol he kills, guess we'll find out why THREE FUCKING FILMS LATER"

The entire movie is fucked now I think about it. Jewish nepotism meant that Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor were HORRIBLY fucking miscast, and the great actors we do get (Afleck, Havil) are fucking horribly directed.

>Suicide Squad
Joker showing affection to Harley, when the usual underlying commentary and understanding in the comics is that she is just another one of his victims, what the fuck is going on?
Why the fuck is Will Smith here? Fuck sake, you're better than this shit.
Boomerang horrendously underused, considering what he is capable of
Enchantress as the big bad? Lol fuck off
Waller getting in trouble? Are you fucking serious? Do you know just how fucking capable and how far ahead that tough old bitch plans? Out of character as fuck

Holy shit I could go on with what is wrong with these movies. They feel like action movies with a DC flavor, rather than actual comicbook movies.

I've just came back from the theater and honestly it wasn't bad. It wasn't a great film but it was definitly better than Marvel movie.

In fact it looked a lot like a generic marvel movies but with a way more style than Marvel's

And the normie ate it up all the way, people were laughing at every Harley Quinn joke, no fake. I've rarely seen movie causing so much laughter

AND I SHIT YOU NOT, they bought the Ktana moment, wich was very cringey on youtube, but fell way more organicly in the movie after having spend some times with her.

I've never really bought the argument of shills but now I do.

Or maybe it's the meme, that marvel movie are good and DC are bad.

Ps : Joker was good, wish we had more time, it was influenced by Heath ledger joker but still different

There were definitly some editing problem at the start of the movie

The act 3 went balls deep in avenger territoy, with feels good ending, power of friendship weeb kind of shit

Henry Cavill is an awful actor. The only four good actors in BvS are Affleck, Irons, Fishburne, and Hunter.

How long have they been building up to Infinity War? 9 years?

Meanwhile, DC has already done Death of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns, and they're gearing up to do Darkseid in the Justice League film. They're skipping straight to the end game without any of the setup.

I like Havil personally. I honestly feel with better lines that better reflect Supermans character, he could do very well.

That said (And I'm a huge fan of the dark knight trilogy and the original batman movies, animation, etc etc) I honestly think Afleck is the best Batman we've had so far, and even with shit lines he can do a fucking great delivery on them.

>Why the fuck is Will Smith here?
>Fuck sake, you're better than this shit.
He definitely isn't.

He was, man.

I do kinda wonder where they could go really with the franchise as they blew their load with Doomsday and Armored Batman punching Superman. They also have a trend of world ending disasters in every film so I don't know how they are going to top themselves after Darkseid.

So its shit then

They started too late. When Marvel started they laid several eggs but no one cared because capeshit was still novel and there was little competition. Now Marvel is a fucking machine signing the best actors in the biz and DC is still stuck in 2008.

It doesn't take a genius to see that they're rushing it to try and get to their ensemble movie. Marvel layed the groundwork out for a few movies before their ensemble and it worked.

Fire Snyder.
Reboot franchise.

Synder aesthetics could totally work with the DC universe, but the writing needs to be drastically improved.

I can't take Rotten seriously after this
you can't tell me GB was better than SS
the SS trailer alone is better than GB

it's shit like this that makes me believe
there is a smear campaign against WB

wasn't their an old WB exec (who oversaw LOTR and Potter)
that went to Disney the year Avengers came out

First part 3 act - Movie

3 act - marvel flick tier

Yeah it's not kino but when the shitiest marvel movie gets a 60% on RT i don't understand why this shit gets a 30% and get S H A T on by critics.

Except this doesn't pander at all to fans or what fans want you moron.

Hate to say it but they definitely needed a bunch of solos before teaming up. To me the main problem with BvS was the narrative being overstuffed. Very little to do with Batman vs Supes - them meeting in general would get cash and praise if there was decent characterisation

>"a dedicated social pressure campaign led to a turd getting treated with kid gloves and ending up higher than it deserves"

Okay, now demonstrate that this process works in reverse and that there was any kind of widespread social pressure to hate on SS and you might have something to work with.

You know what's really sad about Suicide Squad defenders bringing up Ghostbusters? Ghostbusters was successful at getting a huge amount of attention and being a divisive topic on a national scale. Regardless of the movie's quality, more people cared about what happened to that movie than will ever care about the failure of another DC flop.

Strike one was mos

Why bother giving them their own solo movies when you can set up the team through email?

Seriously though, what the were they thinking?

>they're at fault for critics being unashamedly bias against them
explain that logic

Kick Snyder into just cinematographer position or whatever the fuck it is and put a skilled storyteller and director in charge who's after more than just "epic scenes"

>How do they fix this?

they can't

So a wealthy billionaire/superhero goes around recruiting individual team members, one of which was alive during a world war?

>Muh bias
>Muh Disney paid shills
Reality has an anti-Warner bias, huh?

Suicide Squad will make more than Ghostbusters it's fine

not good enough by DC standards

And the direction. So Snyder is still at fault to a large degree.

Don't think about it.

Also, one of them is an alien.

>Marvel: underwhelming villain but whatever
DC: underwhelming villain but let me dedicate 3 paragraphs of full hyperbole on how they fuck him/her up

no shill or bias, no sir!

Guess the joke went right over your head.

Has the DC cinematic subreddit seen this?

Thor is an Alien, no?

Marvel doesn't pander to children, it just knows how to appeal to everyone. DC's problem is that they don't know how to appeal to everyone.

If you think about it, they're basically just taking Thor and Cap's movies, making it about a female and adding in quips to pander to the Marvel audience.

>reverse
a dedicated campaign by critics led a decent (NOT amazing) get treated like garbage
"Snyderverse has no quips, too edgy 3/10"
5/10 would be ok
for fucks sake even The Room has a higher score
its all bullshit, they're not a getting a fair score
i dont know how you cant see it
Rotten has all these idiotic bloggers skewing the score with their agenda
it's not reliable

Thor and Sueprman are aliens wearing blue suits with red capes.

And Wonder Woman was present during World War 2, just like Captain America.

I mean, you were making a joke and I was making a joke too, butted right up into your joke.

You're either a troll, or an idiot who doesn't understand how Rotten Tomatoes works. Suicide Squad DOES have a 5/10. So I guess all is well and there's no widespread campaign against DC movies?

>I've just came back from the theater and honestly it wasn't bad. It wasn't a great film but it was definitly better than Marvel movie.
>In fact it looked a lot like a generic marvel movies but with a way more style than Marvel's

I've seen this comment slightly rephrased about 20 times in the last day. Are you posting it repeatedly or is there some genuine shilling going on?

>I can't take Rotten seriously

> implying RT has an agenda
> DC Cucks believe this
> RT doesn't review movies

How stupid are you people?

Let me lay down the smack down.

I'm a waaayyyy bigger DC fan than marvel, always have been. Anyone who says marvel is better has never read a fucking comic or seen an animated movie before in their life.

That being said WB has fucked the DCEU beyond repair, after MoS I was hopeful they could redeem it. After BvS I was unsure that was possible, after SS it's a done deal, the DCEU is fucked and nothing will help that.

They need to start again.

Continued next post.

I'd love to see what it was like pre-rewrites

Someone needs to tell WB that you can't make a movie that's very much at odds with what Marvel does and then try to hammer it into the shape of a Marvel movie

I just rewatched Batman and Robin and it strikes the tone SS was going for far better than SS does. Think about that for a moment.

>Continued next post.

You could have fit so much more in if your formatting wasn't so faggot-ass, what's wrong with you

>It wasn't a great film but it was definitly better than Marvel movie.

Damn, this is getting sad.

You know you can like both movies. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm going to watch SS this weekend, but I'm hoping it tanks, and they have to reboot the whole universe so cucks like you can cry themselves to sleep.

>Seriously, no meme. How the fuck do you fuck up this badly?
Well you see they gave the first movie to Zack Snyder, refused to listen to Nolan about anything and well, everything goes from there

MoS was a bore and SS was shit, but I'll still vouch for BvS.

They don't know how to appeal to anyone

Fix that logo so it doesn't look like a toilet

>How the fuck do you fuck up this badly?
MoS
>they trusted Snyder
BvS
>they trusted Snyder
SS
>they panicked, didn't trust Ayer, and made a camel

>How do they fix this?
Tell Snyder to fuck off and put your trust in talented directors.

Now starting again will be difficult as WB has idiotically begun production on WW and JL. So when they flop that will be the final nail. They probably won't reboot for at least five years after that. When they do they'll try to play it safe and make it marvel-sequel and kid friendly, which is a bad move. Here's what needs to be done:

These ensemble movies work when each character has been fleshed out and is distinguished from the rest of the characters. So they need to make each solo movie have its own unique tone that is characteristic of the given character, as opposed to just making everyone a mopey depressive. The DC universe should take place in a vaguely realistic world with no distinguishable time period to make it feel timeless.

>First movie: Superman solo movie.

The fist SM movie should be an origin again. The villain should be someone that's not Zod or luthor. The overall tone should be optimistic with shreds "the feelz" interspersed throughout. Metropolis should look kinda 1950's, without being set in the 1950's, it's just how metropolis looks. The colour scheme should be a golden hue like pic related. Superman will be likeable but not quippy, he's someone who is compassionate but takes heroism very seriously. The whole thing should be a feel-good "restoring faith in humanity" kinda deal. Think the train scene in Spider-Man 2 where everyone helps Spider-Man, or the ferry scene in TDK where the people refuse to detonate any bombs, to jokers surprise. No building blowing up, nobody being raped. It's a film that's not heavy, but isn't a quip-fest either. Don't try to make superman a "conflicted hero", he's not, he's not burdened by his power, it gives him the ability to help people which he genuinely wants to do.

finally someone articulated my feelings on this perfectly

>made a camel

what does that mean

Use google, it's a very popular term.

>making superhero movies kid friendly is a bad move

Except even Deadpool, an R-rated, non-Disney Marvel movie did better than any of DC's "cinematic universe" movies.

the only reason I asked is because google isn't giving me anything beyond "racist slurs against middle eastern people"

Deadpool can still sell toys though. Also Deadpool had one of the best marketing campaigns for a cape film I've seen

>it only works the way Marvel does things

and then i get ridiculized for calling such obvious bias

Oh, well simply said (and I'm sure there are people who can explain this far better than me) "a camel is a horse designed by a committee". A camel is a product that due to having so many people involved, and so many different visions and ideas, becomes a compromise that doesn't work at all. I'm sure that Ayer's original cut was great, but forcing all those jokes made the movie a complete mess. I know most of Sup Forums hasn't seen it yet, and it's not quite Fant4stic levels of bad, but it's almost that confusing and disjointed.

But it's literally not working the way DC is doing it

>Seriously, no meme.
well awright then. For you.

>How the fuck do you fuck up this badly?
WB is on it's way to become the new Sony Picture. That's how.
George Miller wanted to do Justice League years ago, but the geniuses at WB thought it was too risky. Because producing Snyder movies instead isn't risky as we all know.

Like Sony this studio is becoming a slave of marketing driven movie-making. Industrial products one after the other without any soul. Did you know WB is producing a Chips adaptation? And a new Tomb Raider? And a Minecraft movie as well? This is literally Sony Pictures v2.0.

>How do they fix this?
Fire all the "brains" at the marketing dept would be a stellar start. Fun fact: Sony Pictures did it a couple months ago. Fire Snyder and Goyer. Completely give up this DCEU project as it is. Invest in directors and scripts rather than in franchises or target audiences, that used to be the Warner way. Not this Sony parody.

But it DOES work the way Marvel does things.

>Second movie, solo batman movie.

This one will be wildly different in tone, it will be dark and gritty, it won't be an origin as that's been done to fucking death at this stage, batman will be an established hero, he's already met most of his rouges gallery. Gotham will look gothic and kinda 1920's which brings to mind crime and corruption. Batman doesn't kill. The story should be loosley the long Halloween story from the comics, as that takes place early on in BM's career, features a plethora of villains, features detective work and mystery, and works as a soft re-introduction to batman without being another origin story. Bruce should be the dark and brooding hero, who is an intimidating presence as batman, we are really given the sense of the prepared borderline OCD nature of the character and his crusade against crime. The villains shouldn't be entirely realistic, but not too out there either, killer croc being acceptable, but Solomon Grundy isn't. The story in general should be pretty small scale, no world-ending stakes or buildings being blown up, just batman on a mission to solve a mystery that tied into various criminal elements. The joker should be relatively classic, a more mature and psychotic version of Hamilton portrayal, the flamboyant nature of the character turned down slightly to make it palatable to the screen. Batman should come across as badass, with a heavy emphasis on the raid style close quarters combat scenes.

>it only works the way Marvel does things
No, it's just not working the way DC is doing things

Making DC movies kid friendly is a bad move, as most of DC best stories and characters work better with a darker tone, unlike marvel who's characters are more geared toward kids from the get-go. I wasn't saying all superhero movies shouldn't be kid-friendly, just that to get the most out of DC's material, you need to lose the family friendliness.

>DC's best BATMAN stories and characters work better with a darker tone

ftfy
everything else DC does is kiddie shit with EDGE painted over it. That's why no one reads DC comics.

That's certainly what all the presented evidence is telling us.

>How do they fix this?

Actually it's "kinda" easy. 2 words.
Kingdom Come.

Now fucking pray to whatever plebeian god you worship that Snyder isn't reading this.

>Making DC movies kid friendly is a bad move, as most of DC best stories and characters work better with a darker tone
You hear of this Justice League Action thing coming out?

>Implying reviewers weren't under the social pressure of being torched to death by feminists and SJWs if they gave Ghostbusters a bad review