Marvelshills on suicide watch

>I only attended this one because I had read the American critics (and some of the British ones who’d had a heads up). They all said, at last, a decent Avengers movie with ‘emotional depth’ and ‘moral complexity’, and now I have to question what planet they’re living on. Seriously, if this is ‘emotional depth’ and ‘moral complexity’ then my old cat Daphne can play the ukulele, which clearly she cannot.
>The rhythm follows the same rhythm of all these films: set piece, lame joke, set piece, lame joke, bunker in Berlin, set piece, lame joke, set piece. I’m assuming the ‘moral complexity’ is intended to be in the conflicts between the characters, but these conflicts are all so obvious and cartoonish that I absolutely failed to detect it. Essentially, the script exists only to take you from one CGI action sequence to the next.
>While Iron Man is for it, Captain America, who is more Brexit, quickly goes rogue and becomes a fugitive. This could have then set the scene for, perhaps, saying something almost interesting about government control, military might and divided loyalties, but instead it results in all the superheroes choosing #TeamCap or #TeamIronMan
>It’s been said that when a young boy has a toy in each hand what he most wants to do is to smash them together, and that’s what these films are. Maybe that’s true, and maybe it isn’t. All I know is that I’m done.

Capeshit needs to die

Why didn't he watch BvS UC? That movie actually had interesting themes to say about the way America worships power and fear.

>things edgelords say

i can't stand it
i know you planned it

I too, hate DC mlady

Tip your fedora if you hat dc too!1

Hahahaha angry DCuck spotted

marvel has always been basic generic shit, it's for kids for fuck sake.

what does this guy expect?

One thing that really highlights the difference between the two films, and why I think BvS did a much better job was how the two main heroes fight each other in each film.

In civil war it's just another flashy choreographed-like kung fu fight with iron man and captain America doing all kinds of crazy shit to look "cool and awesome".

Mean while in BvS it's a real brutal slugfest, there's nothing glorious or glamourous about it. It's just them beating the shit out of each other.

In both cases it's meant to be an absolute low point between the two heroes, and BvS does that perfectly while civil war paints it as an "epic duel" or some shit.

Literally nothing but other critics were hyping it
>They all said, at last, a decent Avengers movie with ‘emotional depth’ and ‘moral complexity’

DELET THIS

>Photo of a DCuck
kek, what happened with you, you can't choose images correctly now.

I'll watch Dr. Strange on home video.

I liked Ant-Man and Guardians Of The Galaxy.

No way I'm sitting through another Captain America or Avengers movie or Thor after the first two in those series.

>#meninist
What did he mean by this?

>this 28% damage control

100% agree with this guy, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to "get" it.

Stuckmann?

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas

>"I bomb atomically. Socrates philosophies and hypotheses can't define how I be droppin these mockeries. Lyrically perform armed robbery. Flee with the lottery. Possibly they spotted me."
- Inspectah Deck

wtf I hate socrates now

this is me