Where were you when RLM became great again?

Where were you when RLM became great again?

youtube.com/watch?v=UWROBiX1eSc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AiMKddxxRfI
youtu.be/MHN6PS2kfVI
youtu.be/YrPaN5ZRGgc
youtu.be/PMkZsfjzoaU
youtu.be/3LAMnst9Jr0
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257156
breitbart.com/tech/2016/08/04/reddit-movies-hub-deletes-red-letter-media-video-critiquing-ghostbusters/
youtube.com/watch?v=3jfZE2bYfTo
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/enjoyment-of-trash-films-linked-to-high-intelligence-study-finds-a7171436.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tjJzwl7W4vE
youtube.com/watch?v=s3RNsZvdYZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why can't they get over a women version of the Ghost busters? We get it you hated the film, please stfu about it now.

They've always been great.

fpwp

t. Sony employee

Mike and based Gilchrist have already made a Ghostbusters remake that is literally better than Ghostbusters (2016).
youtu.be/AiMKddxxRfI
youtu.be/MHN6PS2kfVI
youtu.be/YrPaN5ZRGgc
youtu.be/PMkZsfjzoaU
youtu.be/3LAMnst9Jr0

>neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257156

This site is still a fucking joke

Are you referring to this

breitbart.com/tech/2016/08/04/reddit-movies-hub-deletes-red-letter-media-video-critiquing-ghostbusters/

i didn't really like this video but several of their most recent got massive hits. Ghostbusters review got like 600k views. wtf

I'm not sure if I'm happy or disappointed that they really held back.

The dry monotone presentation was fairly effective at laying out some facts and figures, as well as some supposition as to the MOTIVES of certain individuals, but it did feel slightly lacking even with the use of Rich and Jay. The shit that Sony and the media pulled was disgraceful and disingenuous and deserved to be judged harshly, this video lacked a lot of the colour and language of most of their other videos have. I get the feeling that they wanted to 'take sides' as it were, but without committing themselves too far out of fear of reprisal. That's fair enough, and there IS a lack of semi-balanced coverage about all this, but at the same time it doesn't feel very RLMish.

HOLY SHIT STOKLASA WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU DID YOU GET LOCKED IN A FAT FUCK FACTORY AND EAT YOUR WAY OUT!?

>rich sees all the positive reaction jay gets for his beard
>grows his own
>it just makes him look more slovenly
you have to work out too rich

first shill, best shill

Everyone's entitled to their own ppinions

great vid. prob. watched it 10 times. Wonder if they will do a plinkett version like SW prequels.

That's right Jay

>so what happened to Leslie Jones

They never talked about what happened to Leslie Jones on twitter after the film was released, nor is that even relevant to the narrative that was promoted in the leadup to the release.

Also, in what way did RLM contribute to then ''controversy''?

You should seek help

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and I thought our mods were bad

Neofaggots are free to make up whatever they want as long as it fits the hivemind's views

>gilchrist
>based
"no"

Why is this shit forum being referenced so much tonight? They're retards and I'm glad they're contained in their own safe space.

>it was fine when they were ragging on a legitimate piece of shit movie
>this nigga is honestly implying Ghostbusters wasn't a legitimate piece of shit

What a big fag

M A N B A B I E S

>AVGNs tantrum

Didn't he just make a video calmly saying he wasn't planning on seeing what he considered a cash grab reboot?

The Suicide Squad review just came out: omg

It's up on r/censored

>They steadfastly refuse to contradict the shilling of dickless Nu-Male cock heads like Patton Oswalt or Heidecker in the lead up to the film and defend Brave Rolfe

>Once the film is safely confirmed to be a box office disaster they come out to take shots at the Sony marketing surrounding it.

GG you fucking fat lazy hacks. Stop dicking around with this gay shit and hurry up with the new BOTW

Censorship

>Please stop talking about this film that feminists literally could not shut the fuck up about for months, now that it's out and you Man Babies have been proven 100% correct

Nah, I think we'll keep talking about it tumblr.

>So what happened to Leslie Jones

Was fucking nothing, and happened after the movie had already came out and bombed, and that shitty "controversy" still couldn't bump sales.

I like this new tactic though;

>Criticize the trailers

SEXIST RAPIST

>Talk about Ghostbusters after it has bombed and everyone wants you to forget it existed or that Feminists and their "Allies" spent inordinate amounts of time wailing about it and talking about what a huge success it would be;

RACIST KLANSMAN!

>not cutting to shots of people jumping out

DROPPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Rolfe's video wasn't infantile though? He took his time to explain his love of ghostbusters, the drama behind making a new film over a period of decades, and his reasons for not wanting to see or review this incarnation

Fuck me this shit kind of rustles my jimmies. I don't even LIKE Rolfe that much, and the original ghostbusters doesn't do *that* much for me, but christ on a cracker some of these people seem either dense or prone to retconning things.

Even if they LIKE the new film, I find it hard to imagine any of them saying the humour or tone was reminiscent of the originals. Fuck the casting, that was the least of the problems in the end. The motives for making this incarnation were wrong, and we KNEW that at the time thanks to the Sony leaks. The script for the film had been leaked as well, and that put a LOT of people off. Then we get that trailer which just confirms every suspicion about the film. After all the shitty remakes in recent times, something that guy even references, it was simply a case of enough is enough.

There are so many reasons to dislike this new film, and this guy seems to have decided that because HE likes it that other people aren't entitled to criticise it as a bad film. In some ways that's even worse than the people who say the original is shit so why does it matter if there new one is too. Have people completely forgotten what subjectivity is, or are we all too tied up in our own selves that we can't see it?

I don't begrudge this man liking the film. Everyone has their own tastes. I can understand the APPEAL of this new film to some people. I can also understand the myriad reasons why it viscerally annoys other people as well, especially a large portion of the fans of the original.

lol nobody's reading all that shit

try buddy

That last post has to be a troll.

>Comicbookgirl19
>lost a ton of good will

Looks like the sweaty middle aged man from Neogaf will refuse to give her the D.

Poor girl.

Um, hell MAN BABY ASSHOLE.

He's a big stupid man baby poo head.

He's infantile because he refuses to help promote a giant mega corporations lazy products.

He's infantile because he probably rapes women.

CRY MORE MAN BABY

We already had this thread at least three times you dickriding faggot.

I did get a bit ranty, didn't I?

Honestly, this whole ghostbusters thing has just annoyed me.

Propagandists have just been exploiting run of the mill trolls (with a few genuine racists/sexists included) and painting entire swathes of people with that brush in order to make some money, and people are just accepting it.

It's amazing me that so many people are letting Sony exploit them for their own gain. They don't even realise that by playing along with their narrative they are actually making things worse. Leslie Jones wouldn't have gotten the shit trolled out of her if it wasn't for these dickheads making mountains out of molehills.

>Liking this film

No one likes it. They just pretend to like it to somehow demonstrate that they are on correct side of the political divide.

It's retarded.

>Please stop talking about it!

t. tumblr

Someone should shoot RLM in the dick with a proton pack

>that whole line on the breakup

holy shit, the levels of hypocrisy are so fucking intense here

firstly, he says that he thinks that anyone who hates this movie, is, at least, a misogynist.

then he goes around and immediately objectifies jessie by calling her by her one notable trait, after immediately assuming they aren't together anymore because she doesn't appear on camera, when there could be a million different reasons for her to just not be on camera anymore

neogaf is an amazing cesspool, it's just shitters who think they're on the right side of history

I honestly think that some people do like it. Certainly not all of the people that claim to, and some are also exaggerating, but I'm sure some genuinely do like it.

Everyone has different tastes. It just amazes me that so many are willing to compromise their own integrity to champion a cause, especially a cause as tainted as this one. Sony clearly used it as a marketing tool. How this doesn't offend the genuinely well meaning people who champion these causes amazes me.

Every RLM thread is just you niggers circle-jerking over some fat fucks from Wisconsin.

I can absolutely believe that a bunch of lowest common denominator retards would enjoy this movie. They'd probably love Pixels too if the people who do their thinking for them didn't tell them it was sexist and awful.

It's amazing to me Sony thought getting a handful of mouthy fucking losers to spew retarded shit on twitter at people who either hate them or ignore them would be a good marketing tactic.

>Whose the demographic on this?
>Little boys and man children
>Cool, what's the plan?
>We're going to get a bunch of obese neckbeard losers who blog about Intersectional Feminism and Children's Funny Book Movies to go out and call our core demographic Loathsome Piece Of Shit Rapist Klansman
>When they don't respond, we'll just double down
>And make sure to make the movie as unappealing as possible and put out an atrocious trailer
>Cool, cool. I'll Japan know that THIS is the one that's going to break the billion dollar barrier.

No, this time we're circle jerking about Being On The Right Side Of History.

>tfw Ghostbusters cost more and is grossing less than "mega bombs" London Has Fallen and Ice Age: Continental Drift

why did all the "upscale" hobby sites like neogaf and somethingawful become so pozzed up with liberal progressivism

this

name one time RLM was bad

why?

But the box office gross managed to stumble past the production costs by the third week (not counting theater cut or taking marketing budget into account) so it's clearly a runaway success!

Pixels grossed 250 million dollars.

Ghostbusters is going to struggle extremely hard to maybe, possibly, reach 200.

Many more people enjoyed Pixels than Ghostbusters.

Also;

Pixels cost 90 million.

Ghostbusters cost 150 million.

Toppest of keks.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/enjoyment-of-trash-films-linked-to-high-intelligence-study-finds-a7171436.html

>I get the feeling that they wanted to 'take sides' as it were, but without committing themselves too far out of fear of reprisal.
Late reply, but i honestly think it was more that them laying things out as plainly as they could would help prevent them from seeming as though this video was just some kind of angry rant. Talking about it like this adds more credibility and seriousness than just raising their voices and saying "And y'know what else they did?" back and forth.

Besides, they already vented their rants during the actual review itself while this video is purely about the controversy.

All these years everyone thought I was a retarded jackass for fucking loving Crank 2, looks like I'm the one who's on the right side of history now you pretentious ass fucks.

TFA

>Scientist man is real

>ghost aliens
So, scientologists shut this one down?

Laughing at retards is fun

Yeah but he used Youtube to get his opinion across and as a man whose career exists on Youtube that was clearly a big no-no for some indiscernible reason.

>Troll

It's NeoGaf. He is 100% cereal.

>like TFA
>like Independence Day 2
>like Star Trek Beyond
>think Fury Road is better than Road Warrior

they will never be great again. no matter what they do.

I'm sure it was just nostalgia talking

Rich really let himself go

But Fury Road is better than Road Warrior.

none of those are terrible opinions, they're all well made movies.

The only problem is that they are all just "alright" and not memorable really. As they once said, modern cinema is just as shallow as a theme park ride now you might as well enjoy it.

Ghostbusters fails even as a theme park rife.

>RLM has had some really dude-bro-y opinions in the past

Fucking what?

>name one time RLM was bad
Half in the Bag.

Kek

Plebtier opinion

>cgi bullshit
>muh orange, muh blue filters
>muh strong womyn lead
>Max completely unimportant even though his name is in the fucking title
>lets drive through this canyon and have a chase scene. Now lets drive through the same canyon and have almost the same chase scene again.

>It's NeoGaf. He is 100% cereal.

Toxic boy germs or something.

When they praised IM3 and shitted on Pain and Gain

>Max completely unimportant even though his name is in the fucking title
Have you watched any other Mad Max films?

>real people honestly think the Ghostbusters 2016 "controversy" bullshit isn't a vocal minority

Do these people ever go outside or talk to other people?

When I hear people talking about the new Ghostbusters the most common thing I hear people say is "I don't care and I'm probably not gonna see it"

But Iron Man 3 was great, user.

what exactly happened to Leslie Jones

>they're all well made movies.

Most AAA movies are "well made". Doesn't mean the scripts don't suck. Doesn't mean it's not complete heartless corporate trash.

>As they once said, modern cinema is just as shallow as a theme park ride now you might as well enjoy it.
Fuck you and fuck them for having that opinion. By that logic you should just crank up the latest Justin Beiber song because "herr derr that's all we have". The capeshit bubble is already popping, but it won't pop faster as long as retards like you have this opinion.

Also, theme park rides are fun. Star Trek Beyond and Force Awakens weren't fun

Probably that episode they brought the qt redhead on and shit all over the chick flick she liked.

No

>hey people making a living off of reviewing movies critically and bashing shit ones, can you stop bashing this shit movie

I found King Retard

this. I can't in good conscience even believe that they watched Pain and Gain. That movie was hilarious.

/po/ posted gorilla pictures en masse on her twitter one day for shits and giggles.

alert
jay bauman alert
antibirth with natasha lyonne, chloe sevigny & meg tilly
jay bauman alert
alert
end of line

Felt like they were just meme'ing because of
>Michael Bay
And they didn't want to ruin their own meme of hating on Michael Bay movies

>Have you watched any other Mad Max films?

Mad Max 1:
Max main character. Family killed. Becomes loner.

Mad Max 2 Road Warrior:
Max is loner. Spies on gas site. Gets into gas site. Makes deal with gas people. Gets truck to haul the tanker. Fights with bad guys. Says f u to gas people and gets his shit fucked up by bad guys. Gas people help him. He drives tanker of sand in one of the greatest chase scenes ever.

Fury Road:
Max is captured to be a blood bag. Max is chained up for a long time in the car. Max gets into car with girls and does nothing.

The origami guys did that?

I thought they were better than that...

what are they watching?

>Using "Dude-Bro" without irony

>Who the fuck makes these videos
>No one

Then how are you watching and complaining about them?

>Keep your damn mouth shut

Why are liberals so aggressive and unpleasant and why do they hate free speech so much?

>Last Post Always Troll Post

>When people dislike a movie a lot and it's reflected in how many dislikes it has, that clearly means there is a problem with the viewer, not the video

How do you even reach that conclusion?

I was right there watching as always.

Resident Evil whichever one takes place on a boat at the end

Basically if a group of men are acting like men and doing things like drinking beer, making ironic jokes, saying things like "dude" and laughing, they are Dude Bro's.

Basically the opposite of a Nu-Male.

>Why are liberals so aggressive and unpleasant and why do they hate free speech so much?
Because their liberal arts teacher is promoting Communism during class time

Fuck, even my english teacher did this when I considered becoming a teacher, dropped out after two weeks of that fucking shit

youtube.com/watch?v=tjJzwl7W4vE

>Uses the word transphobia unironically
>Cries about MRA's

>Calling someone else cringe

>It's all about Gamer Gate!

It's not actually entirely wrong.

Gamer Gate was basically loser nerds breaking and it just sort of snowballed from there.

youtube.com/watch?v=s3RNsZvdYZQ

Hello Sup Forumseddit, I saw you posted in the Orlando Bloom thread too.

Message for you: Kill yourself, crossposting faggot.