Godzilla Resurgence

Its garbage... Just garbage.
I'll let some photos do the work of explaining it...

I have no words to describe it except the 1998 movie was good by comparison. Fuck what the box offices say it was TRASH.
Thanks and I'll stick to Legendary Goji, at least it tries to be Godzilla.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hNwORVbNN-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>literally a remake of the original Godzilla evoking the same themes
>b-but it's not really Godzilla
Enjoy your 30 second cameo Godzilla with no meaning

Literally not even remotely close to the original or even a remake.
Its a mother fucking Angel from Evangelion trying to be played off as Godzilla.

That would make an awesome Halloween costume. Especially if you had a loudspeaker so you could roar.

youtube.com/watch?v=hNwORVbNN-s

And it has a tail mouth name one Godzilla with a tail mouth.

Zombizilla.... Day of the Kaiju...
28 Godzillas Later?

My brother stationed in Japan said it was shit, but he only liked the original and 2014 Godzilla movies.

Its worse then the whole Legendary 30min of Godzilla thing. Because its all people dialog and they can't fucking decide on what perspective they want to follow...
Sometimes its from human 3rd person other times its audience 3rd person, it flips between at the very least 8 perspectives. I got honest to god whiplash.

What did your brother say about it?

So? This one is supposed to be Horrorzilla, something totally alien and unseen in that movies universe and body horror helps accomplish that just like how the first Godzilla was made to look like he was covered in scars and radiation burns only as time goes on people need more and more to evoke that sense of wrongness when looking at him

So it's awesome?
One of the best things about the angels was that they were creative and had weird designs and abilities
So now godzilla is something fun and creative instead of the same old big dinosaur?
Perfect

He has a whale's head on the tip of his tail that can fire blasts....

Except he isn't. Its literally just EDGYSPOOKY and trying to emulate something else.
Also his animations.... just for fucks sake he moonwalks forwards! His goddamn legs do that CoD thing were the walking animation fucks up.
And his mouth is one of those hinged trash bins, and opens like it.

He makes SyFy animations and monsters look like Jurassic Park (the first one) tier production.

I think it's good he's scray, Godzilla should be scary
Oh boy it's even more like Eva then I expected

>>literally a remake of the original Godzilla evoking the same themes
Are they forced to kill a creature created by the carelessness of man, using an even more potentially dangerous weapon?
The theme of the original film was pretty much showing the endless cycle of creating a bigger weapon to solve our past mistakes. But pretty much nothing besides the original film moves past the actual killing of Godzilla, and just promotes him as an immortal force because it's more important to sell him as a character.

>Its literally just EDGYSPOOKY

That makes me want to see it more than any Godzilla movie. And I've seen most of them.

Except thats when they show him and aren't showing the humans talking.... I actually drifted off to sleep nearly every time. THEN BOOM MONSTER! then fuck more human drama.

It was Transformers Bayverse all over again...

There are VERY few Godzilla movies, Toho or otherwise, that don't suffer from this.

>all these people bitching about the BOOOORING dialogue and the NOTMUH GAWDZILLER

The more I hear the more kino it sounds.

At least Final Wars throws in kung fu to pass the time til Godzilla shows up

Yeah Final Wars was one of the ones i was thinking of that doesn't have the problem.
The human element is so absurd and over the top it's actually not boring.

Yes... that was far more entertaining then family matters bullshit.
If it had that or I don't know radiation zombies made by Godzilla exposure... Maybe I'd give everything else I hated a free pass.

Wait someone told me it DID have radiation zombies, was that bs?

Yes... unless it was during the human dialog... In which case I may have been half asleep.

Shithead faggot.

Just wondering, do you understand japanese or are you baka gaijin piggu

Yes I understand it, but I don't speak it, I butcher the punctuation and grammar far to much. I'm learning to read it... I'll be 100% honest I have minor dyslexia and learning to read a whole new language in my 20's is not easy.

But yes I can understand it...

Trust me the concept sounds good but its executed horribly.

Its objectively shit.

Have you seen it? If so tell him about the camera angles....

And then there is...that.

so, the godzilla is the bad guy in this movie?

Holy shit this looks scary as fuck
It looks like an eldritch abomination, when is this coming out outside of Japan?

What's your problem with that

>falling for the leg day meme
>skipping biceps day

I think funimation got the rights and said it will be out by the end if the year

Looks like a Dark Souls reject.

HIs jaw opens three ways... first it opens like a fucking trashbin, then the bottom jaw splits.

IMMA FIRIN

And Don fucking Frye, the only man to win a mustache fight against Tom Selleck.

It makes godzilla feel even more like a horrifying creature
It looks perfect

>anime guy makes a style over substance Godzilla movie
Neat, I'm 100% ok with it.

Good thing you guys didn't grow up with the leaps in quality only an incomplete VHS collection of kaiju movies could bring back in the day. You'd all have lost your minds.

The themes, Godzilla's personality, Godzilla's look, even which monsters he was allied with changed so much from movie to movie.

Pretty cool to see a more reigned in version from Legendary coexist with this whacky anime shit.

I saw it too, and it would've been amazing had Godzilla been in the movie more than 20 minutes. Anno can't direct for shit

I wasn't excited for this until I saw that. That's a refreshing new take on Godzilla and actually really creepy.

That sounds fucking awesome and makes him like the monster he's supposed to be

Kek you fucking pleb you haven't even seen it yet. And those pictures have been floating around 4chins for weeks now.
Godzilla is legitimately terrifying, OP sucks cocks.

>Shin Godzilla reproduces by budding out of its fucking tail
Jesus fuck that's creepy.
This could be a terrible movie but it gets my respect for originality and design.

Why is the beam so damn small?

Not counting when he is used in the background or photoshopped in.... I think Godzilla is in this movie less then the legendary one...

It's Anno my sweet summer child, what did you expect? He tried to make Goji fucking scary and it worked.
That's one of the highlights, though. The human drama in this is the best executed out of any other Godzilla movie. It's the first half hour of 2014 mixed in with HP Lovecraft's WhaleGorilla.

because there is one firing out the whale head on his tail at the same time.

Those are humans it sucked up into itself.

No...no it isn't Son of Godzilla was better.
The human drama was tacked on bullshit and terribly unnecessary.
And it would be scary if the animations and graphics on it weren't so stupidly done it fails to even live up to the older movies...hell even Gamera movies were better.

Doesn't matter what anyone here thinks, because it was a massive hit with the domestic audience.

i cant believe this thread. even after all those years you fall for stuff like this Sup Forums

Hideaki Anno presents CTHULHUTECH when? All this Eva/Lovecraft shit makes me want to see it on the big screen.

Chinks will eat up any shit, literally too. This thread is also full of gooks and weebos trying to save face by calling the movies obvious flaws "perfect".

Caughtcha b8ing, you memer.

Tragic isn't it that almost the entire Godzilla fandom is basically a bunch of little girls clinging onto something screaming "JAPAN CAN DO NO WRONG".
Luckly some of us are willing to call bullshit on the obvious flaws.
Also yes yes they will literally eat anything with gratuitous application of soy sauce...

>another shitty godzilla movie people will pretend to like because it's japanese and "authentic"

They have the same head shape and back flange/ridge/spikes as Godzilla though.
So it converts humans into mini Godzillas?

Exactly.
At least Legendary tried to do a good job, but I think t the last minute they got scared of the hype they had to live up to.

It's focusing. Apparently it starts big then focuses into a thin, steady beam. Standard anime shit.

people on the board are saying they like it because Anno delivers a good take on the "authentic" godzilla

>The human drama was tacked on bullshit and terribly unnecessary.

But it was. This new Godzilla is less about nukes and more about how the Japanese government handles disaster situations. Fukushima, Japan's relationship with the US, etc.

Nah just sucks them up, I want to use the word osmosis but I don't know if it's the correct term, and they take on characteristics of him by becoming a part of him.

about as authentic as my left hand... That I don't have anymore and is now prosthetic..

Nobody here has fucking even seen this film.

Okay first he doesn't do that at all in the film. Second his tail has a gaping baleen whale jaw on it.
Which I don't remember Godzilla having ever... even in concept.

>Being directed by an hack
pffffffahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I have. I am in Japan.
Its literally not Godzilla.. Its a live action Evangelion, minus the Evas, pilots, everything else in Evangelion. With a heaping of horse shit tossed in.

He's an amalgam of all living (or is it dead) things apparently.

Oh and Rei is replaced by THE GAPING WHALE MOUTH ON HIS PENIS TAIL!

No its just something Anno's cat coughed up and he shaped into a vaguely saurian shape.

What's the mater, 2deep4u?

So it converts humans into mini Godzillas, gotcha.
Or not. Have you seen it?
Does he absorb a whale?

I don't know what film you watched, gaijin. It was not this one though.

No, it's just Anno being a hack and receiving praise for it as usual.

Some /m/ posters have seen it, want me to post their stuff?

No he doesn't absorb anything....
And no the mouth is just there suddenly.

Yes I am but I live in Japan. Because you guys in the states be fucking up hard.

No that is not exactly a correct interpretation. I lack the words to explain.

This is a great lie. I do not understand you and think you must be crazy or trying to make great troll.

Again there..is...a...mouth...on..his...fucking...tail!
Pictured FIRING A BEAM AND SWELLING UP THE "THROAT"!

Is not mouth is many thing sucked into gaping hole type part.

No.. no it isn't its a goddamn mouth.
And its literally one big whale carcass fused to his tail, not many things are you high or just fail biology and never seen a whale skeleton?

Is not whale they not given power here in my country unlike you gaijin who love your whare big fish free willy whale so friend.

Oh and this Godzilla is Asexual they say it in the movie and its in the spoilers in reviews.
Its 1998 all over again.

>this thread
What the fuck is even going on? Are you fuckers so desperate to be different that you'll eat shit as long as no one else is doing it? This movie is shit.

Oh so your just fucking retarded, good to know. Ignoring you then.
Also never seen a whale confirmed.

And for the record I left america a loooong time ago, hell my kids were born in Japan so eat my gaijin dick.

Thank you. so glad a few sane people in here agree.

So is this, like, BvS of Godzilla?

Pretty much... the only difference is if you compare them you start thinking BvS was a masterpiece... and then you feel the urge to locate a cliff and jump because that should never enter your mind.

You meet me now I fuck your wife make new father for children you silly gaijin whale love.

>The initial research data the Americans had was that he was some sort of ancient aquatic life-form that ate radioactive waste. It turns out that he's a mixotroph with some sort of thermonuclear conversation organ thing that can survive for as long as he has air and water." He's also highly complex: "The word was 遺伝情報 which wikipedia is telling me includes mRNA and protein and a bunch of other stuff. Anyway what they say in the film is that he has eight times more of that than humans, which makes him the most advanced life-form on the planet.

>Godzilla is basically a living fission reactor, and his blood and fins are the reactor's cooling system. They need to make a thing that forces his blood to coagulate, so that he goes into a SCRAM and freezes himself (in the end it's stated that he's down to -195℃).

>The things on Godzilla's tail at the end are NOT human- they have fins and weird xenomorph like heads (no eyes). They also don't move at all or seem to be alive. They are clear humanoids, I thought they were just human skeletons on my first viewing because they're only seen for like five seconds. They're partially embedded, I don't THINK any legs are seen but once again, roughly five seconds, could be wrong. Entire upper torsos are definitely seen though. All of them are reaching upwards (towards the tip of the tail which is pointing up, or perhaps towards the sky). Yes they have the fins. They don't do anything, they're completely stationary, just in poses in which they're reaching upwards.

>This is obviously just my opinion, but I got the impression that it looked very religious, somewhat resembling Rodin's Gates of Hell. The scene is completely silent, with the camera just panning upwards on the tail until you see them. It cuts to black before it reaches the tip.

its literally not humanoid skeletons, its a one or three of these.

Thank you for proof filthy gaijin wrong his wife my wife now by law of internet.

Trust me I know whale skeletons....