I truly believe that Batman v Superman will be this generation's Bladerunner

I truly believe that Batman v Superman will be this generation's Bladerunner.

>it's an age of light hearted, loose plot, fun superhero films
>bvs is released, a dark, gritty, violent film with a thick plot that challenges real problems
>critics and those alike hate it for these exact reasons
>director announces he has a number of different cuts of the film
>we soon find out that the studio meddled with it a lot behind the scenes

This exactly parallels what happened with Bladerunner.

Now we see it as a fantastic sci-fi film that was ahead of its time.

I'm excited for when we debate in the future what the best cut of Batman v Superman is.

well it is Kino

same here op. I genuinely believe that's what is gonna happen in the future. The future generation will look back on superhero movies of the post-TDK era and find that BvS was a standout.

>>it's an age of light hearted, loose plot, fun superhero films

Perfectly describes the Nolan Batman movies.

But Bladerunner actually had a consistent and believable narrative without plot-holes and useless exposition and reaction scenes.

It'll be this generation's Batman Forever.

See the thing with this movie is that it didnt over-explain everything, nor did it spoon-feed anything to you. Thus leading to morons thinking it had plot-holes and useless scenes.

BvS will go down as one of the most memorable films of the decade

>I'm excited for when we debate in the future what the best cut of Batman v Superman is.

I'll tell you exactly what I think about it... *crickets*

That's right. I could not care less. I literally could not care less. I do not give a FUCK about Batman Vs Superman. I do not give a fuck about any of the stupid shit you retards spam on here. I simply do not care. The only time I've heard about this is hear. I've not heard a single person I know even talk about it, not once.

hahaaahaaha

'no'

blade runner is overrated

>bvs is released, a dark, gritty, violent film with a thick plot that challenges real problems

I dare you to name a single "real problem" adressed in this flick.

Snyderdrones are fucking shameless

Comparing Blade Runner to this commercialized manbaby flick

Into the trash it goes

It addresses what it's like to be a billionaire orphan, which is a super huge problem in this country that nobody seems to want to talk about.

The existence of God
Creationism
A physical heaven and hell
Motherhood
Diversity
Loss/Mourning

It's only commercialized because WB need it to be, otherwise Snyder has delivered now twk of the greatest comic book films of all time, people will recognise this when they become cult classics.

I hated it because it was boring. The themes were heavy handed and surface-level. The acting was atrocious. The world felt shallow.
These are not things that a director's cut will fix.

Urban terrorism for starters

>greatest comic book films of all time

But Ben Affleck is clearly the definitive Batman.

Jeremy Irons is superb as Alfred.

Henry Cavill plays the American Hero well.

Amy Adams is a good Lois Lane.

And all this is relatable because superheroes deal with it?
Grow up

>Grow up

Says the Marvel quip kid?

>I unironically enjoy the films of Michael Bay

Well that is an insult to Bladerunner.

>Anyone who dislikes soulless multibillion dollar media outlet A must be a fan of soulless multibillion dollar media outlet B!!! I love A and hate B!!
Grow up cunt.
All A and B want is your money.

They can have my money as long as they give me kino.

Fingers fuckin' crossed for suicide squad/wonder woman/justice league!

good goy

Wrong Snyder's movie tbqhwy m. night famalam.

They both give you shit, disguised as nutty chocolate or rich roast coffee, you eat shit. You then try to pretend YOUR shit is better than the other guys shit. It's so fucking absurd.

Superhero movies aren't bad because they're lighthearted, BvS can't be praised just because it's "darker", although I'd argue it's unintentionally more silly than most.

Superman is silly down to his concept anyways, the originals embraced that. This one tries to pretend it's serious.

I'm a new guy, only made But this whole system? Hollywood, all the shit they shovel out? It's not going to change with my handfuls of euros I might occasionally spend.

It's *entertainment*. I go to movies if they will entertain me. That's all there is to it. If they make more kino such as snyder's made in man of steel and bvs, I will watch it and enjoy it. It's idiotic to let personal opinions impact your decision making process when it comes to mundane entertainment.

Still of course, I don't buy like, action figures and shit. But still, it's because I don't get anything out of it rather than my loathing of that whole system.

Great, but the whole "my dumb cape movie is better because Awesome These Dudes made it not Smelly Poo Those Dudes" is infantile.

Trying to act like "your" mass market blockbuster is in any way superior to "theirs" due to different tones is fucking sad. People who engage in these company wars need to get a grip on reality.

>kino
stopped reading right there

Fucking really?
I'll maybe concede loss, but it handles it like a motivation for revenge and a plot-driver, and nothing more.
All the others - I have no words. But I'll direct your attention to the channel "spirit science" on youtube, it seems designed for people with your special intellect.

Those are just assertions without arguments.
Ben Affleck was flat as Batman and Wayne. Say what you will about Bale, but I prefer over acting to a feeling of no performance whatsoever.
Jeremy Irons had about 10 lines and didn't come close to Michael Caine's performance, who actually felt like he cared about Bale's Wayne and held real contempt for Bale's Batman.
Cavill is fine for his character, but his character doesn't feel like Superman.
Amy Adams is also fine, I have no problem with her as Lois Lane.

>>it's an age of light hearted, loose plot, fun superhero films
>>bvs is released, a dark, gritty,
Isn't that Nolan's Batman, Fant4stic, X-Men and TASM?

This
All those brand wars are so pathetic. You can't enjoy a single of the superheroes movie without being branded as a MCU or DCU fanboy. This is truly getting in front of the online discussions I like to have about those movie. It feels like a fucking religion for some people.

that are some big words.

DC is a good contrast to Marvel, that's about it. I do like the grimdark aesthetic more and I think DC have more visually appealing movies too. Marvel feels kinda formulaic.

Sure, but that's not my stance.

Then why fucking engage in the debate at all?
If you agree with me that it's all the same shit, why frame your arguments as centering on one company?

>m. night famalam

lel

Two fags in Capes fight each other, then team up to fight a giant CGI monster. The end.

THIS

When you strip it bare it's just as stupid as any other capeshit.

Blade Runner was actually good though. BvS isn't good.

that's funny cause I couldn't finish blade runner either cause it was so pretentious and fucking boring

spoiler alert: in the future, anywhere else but on Sup Forums or r/dc_cinematic everyone will still say any cut of bvs sucks, you stupid baiting autistic faggot, kill yourself and your family

I agree OP and I think that this will be the case for Zack Snyder's entire body of work. He is a visionary. Even his detractors openly admit that.

What they refuse to admit or are too blind to see is the resounding moral and spiritual core embedded into his work.

I like that you draw the BladeRunner comparison OP. It is very accurate. But instead of BvS, I would say that Suckerpunch will be the film looked back on in embarrassment by critics.

Suckerpunch dealt with hard-hitting issues of a far deeper resonance than BvS and did so with class and style.

That's not to say that BvS isn't a masterpiece, I just think that Suckerpunch has more universal relevance and will become a classic of our time.

Regardless, Zack Snyder is the closest thing we have to an auteur in a stagnant, uninspiring age of disappointment and failure.

>real problems
>half of the themes are existential/metaphysical

you're an idiot

FUCK YOU

But bladerunner is pleb trash for imdb drones

The media heavy, fear driven cynical society we live in today.
That's mostly it tho

¡hola reddito!

It'd be less sad if this were pasta

Agreed. Hate the comparison. BvS puts it to shame in both style and substance.

t. authentic redditor with videogame sensibilities

>capeshit
>comparing it to Blade Runner

No, you're a fucking faggot. And Cloud Atlas is already this generation's Blade Runner.

>harrison ford
>meme director
>meme setting
Ironic, outsider

I'd post an image with a cumbersome oversized hook being weilded by a fish implying bait now but, you don't deserve it.

>meme this
>meme that

Blade Runner was recognized as an inauthentic piece of cinema on release. It was only when criticism and academia was invaded by those with television and videogame sensibilities that le cyberpunk idiots were intent on mistaking it for a masterpiece. Take off to imdb before I curb stomp you back.

> muh movies is litteraly a philosophical essay
> JOAKS i actually watch marvel wich has no substance at all

what a refreshing and unique opinion

try again on

> the theme were heavy handed and surface level

Give me one capeshit that wasn't directed by Snyder that has Theme subtly handed and not surface level

Go on I Wait

Why would I go there when you cinematically bankrupt videogame players have turned this board into just that?

Really the only similarity is that there are multiple cuts, which means absolutely nothing given Snyder's hideous track record.

If it isn't already, it will be now. Worst post I've seen on this board in a long time.

I think people will like this better in hind sight for sure.

Fucking bravo bait. Saved.

Bit exaggerated there OP. Bladerunner is in the same league as Casablanca and Apocalypse Now. BvS is more in line with Rebel Without A Cause and A Clockwork Orange.

>BvS is more in line with Rebel Without A Cause and A Clockwork Orange.
Edgy garbage appealing to teenagers?

LOOK

>stopped reading right there
stopped reading right there

>tfw JL will have more quips than Dr Strange
QUIPKINO?

Its crazy how quickly people are turning back on their hate for BvS after the director's cut. Its really insane how studio meddling can turn a filmmakers magnum opus into a pile of trash.

Snyder isn't a filmmaker you fucking mouth breather
He makes movies at best

b-but "FALSE GOD"!
that's so deep. The themes are so rich

Give me one capeshit directed by Snyder that has Theme subtly handed and not surface level

Go on I Wait

Say that again in 10 years and watch how people laugh at you.

>existence of God
Durrr superman is really strong he like a God
>creationism
Not at fucking all
>heaven and hell
Nowhere in the movie
>motherhood
In the most basic way.

You DCucks are so goddamn pretentious it's pathetic.

Are you stepping up to your superior?

You're only bumping the thread

20 years from now on our kids will look back at laugh at us for actually memeing this shit

i know. the hate for this is so much bullshit.

No. It's just a shit movie. Stay mad, DCuck.