Has there ever been such a huge disparity between what the critics and the general public think?

Has there ever been such a huge disparity between what the critics and the general public think?
Is it a case of people being too stupid to recognise the films failings or are the critics heads too far up their own arses?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1386697/board/nest/260131292?p=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SHUT THE FUCK UP DKEK
NORMIES WILL EAT FUCKING ANYTHING
IF IT HAS LESS THAN 80% IT IS THE SAME AS HAVING 0%

unless it is gremlins 2 ofc

It's at 74% already? Even BvS hold the audience score longer

Critics want every capeshit to be a Marvel movie. The Marvel style has been solidified as THE superhero movie model. Anything that deviates from that formula will be met with disdain.

Yeah if this becomes fiancially successful it'll be the watermark moment when "mainstream critics" and RT became socially irrelevant especially when compared to Ghostbusters 16.

A whole generation of Critics and RT have literally played themselves, it could be Blade Runner all over again, that one even haunted Eberts career

yeah, there has. see Hillary's America

Yeah last time you were spamming this low IQ thread for BvS

>No movie can be bad anymore because Marvel

You sound like a fucking fool

It's a bad movie that has some fun characters and a few good scenes. The critics are right to trash it, but it's easy to see why many people enjoyed it.

Thats nit even close to what he said, twat, marvel uses a very safe formula.

That's not what I said. I'm saying that critics have a fixed idea of what a capeshit movie should be due to Marvel getting onto the field so early. It's a knee-jerk reaction. This movie could be shit. I haven't seen it yet.

RT doesn't rate movies, moron. Whatever is going on with critics has nothing to do with RT because they simply add up the review scores and post the average.

Also, critics didn't just start panning movies that the public likes recently, it's been going on for decades. Many films have gotten lousy reviews and ended up doing well financially and among fans. Still others that got panned became cult classics. There have also been plenty of movies that got rave reviews but still bombed and/or were generally disliked by audiences.

But this shit was a Marvel movie.
>Boring, forgettable villain.
>Quips every minute.
>Wasted characters.
>The butchered vision of a director
>Credits scene.

>giving any credit to todays critics

how convenient

by that same logic these same critics that loved dark knight movies should have knee-jerk-loved man of steel for trying too do nolan's thing again

This movie is in no way a failure. After seeing it I have to say that the film is almost perfect as all the character felt really great and strong and it had a lot of great emotional scenes to connect with them.

Seriously what the fuck is with the critics... and don't call me a Marvel hater and DC Shill because I loved Captian America Civil War - BUT I also know that Suicide Squad is a very fun and enjoyable film (way better than BvS).

>muh trump propoganda

Okay you want to know what one reviewer thought about the movie? He literally gave it a bad review because it was too sexual and adult orientated...

>For here we have a motion picture in which a new incarnation of the classic Batman villain the Joker – essayed by Jared Leto as a kind of Halloween-themed version of Rik Mayall’s Richie, from the Nineties BBC sitcom Bottom – slurpingly offers up a sexual encounter with his girlfriend-stroke-protégé Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) to a fellow career crook as a kind of underworld bargaining chip.

.Here is a comic-book adaptation in which Batman (Ben Affleck) himself – one of the most universally beloved superheroes ever created – hauls Harley from the Gotham River, gives her creepily insistent mouth-to-mouth, then immediately pins her down by the throat, erotic asphyxia-style, when she comes around.

>Here is a film in which model-turned-actress Cara Delevingne gives not only a personal worst performance, but something close to a former-profession-worst performance, as a gyrating, bikini-clad villainess called Enchantress, who kisses men full on the lips to turn them into her slaves (of course!) and talks like Vanessa Redgrave on rhinoceros tranquiliser.

THIS is the type of people you listen to?

What do you guys mean by "quips"?

Ingredients:
>1 can of Monster Energy Drink (green "flavoured")
>1 shot of Jagermeister
>A dash of glitter
>1 scoopful of trash from the recycling bin
>1 steaming hot pile of post-Taco Bell shit

Procedure:
>Dump ingredients into a blender, and run on the pulse setting in short bursts along to a Skrillex dubstep track.
>Pour into your favourite sippy cup, and enjoy with some tendies

Wa la! The Suicide Squad

This nig nailed it desu

People bought what the critics said more easily because it's not as obnoxious as BvS. Honestly it's a fun movie. Not good. But it's also not as bad as what the critics would like you to believe.

That's not even the first review I've seen that's dumb like that. Critics are fucking dumb retarded SJW's now. I read one that was like "harley is supposed to be the spotlight and girl power character but she's dressed like a slut and acts like one" Oh you mean just like she is in the comic books? Fucking idiots man.

but the same can be said about marvel flicks and yet marvel gets the fresh tomatoe.
hypocritical much but who gives a fuck about reviews?

Nail. Head.

Same here. My audience laughed at a lot of the lines and really seemed to enjoy it

what critics want is another TDK.

What they keep getting is versions of batman forever that take themselves dead serious.

If you're referring to the audience score, it's based on the "want to see" score, then changes to an "audience score" once the movie is released. So this movie had a 99% want to see score, with 50 something thousand votes. And since it's based on a yes/no "did you like it" option, it's heavily biased towards the initial count.

So basically, you had 50 thousand yes votes going in, so it's not an "accurate" measure

It didn't have the Marvel logo though.

>Marvel
>DC

>Detective Comics
DC never were meant to be full on super hero movies. They are adult orientated detective stories hence why they are so different from the Marvel formula. I guess critics just don't understand this

>They are adult orientated detective stories
so that's why their flagship character dresses as a bat.

>but the same can be said about marvel flicks

>muh free pass
>muh bribes

You guys have been driving insane

The pass isn't free. Marvel movies pay for it with the amount of self-deprecating humor in every movie.

Name a single self-deprecating moment in the DCEU.

>They are adult orientated detective stories
So that's why English judges in courtrooms have to wear a funny wig and cloak?

so you're comparing centuries old tradition to a man who dresses up as an animal so he can punch a clown.

General public scores are inflated because asshurt DC fags vote 10 out of 10 to get the score up

>NORMIES WILL EAT FUCKING ANYTHING
Normies love Marvel m8

>DC Comics
>Detective Comics Comics

What else would you prefer? DC Stories?

...actually pretty good

even still if the average person voted 4/10 and the hardcore DC fan voted 10/10 there wouldn't be enough DCfags to Averagecucks to be able to push that average of 4-6 to ramp up the score to what it is.

What is Transformers?

After BvS ratings I'm sure reviewers get either paid and shill for Marvel or they push some propaganda unknown to me. Not surprised by the ratings of Suicide Squad at all.

You talk to fish?

>and clapping as the credits rolled
mom freaked when i refused to do it at our screening

>no mouse logo

HA CHECKMATE MARVELKEKS

Ant Man sits at 81% fresh. That was the most formulaic soulless piece of trash I've ever seen. It was basically how to make a superhero movie 101 starting Paul Rudd. Yet critics ate that shit up with a spoon.

The general public hasn't even seen the movie yet.

Well yeah, because it needs to be somewhat competently done in order to be a formulaic "how to make a superhero movie 101".

As with anything in life, you first need to learn the basics and develop a solid understanding of what works and THEN you can break the rules and experiment. DC needs to work on the basics of film making and storytelling.

Aftr critics gave Ghostbusters a 76% collectively because >muh bagina >muh manbaby tears >muh reverse sexism there is no question that the critics as a collective are objectively compromised.

nah man the critics are right

>opening cut up to fuck, stupidly fast-paced / shallow
>those stupid character introduction graphics
>shit humour throughout
>dialogue / reading dips into awful way too often
>the longest scene in the entire film must have been the introduction to the monsters which are the dullest, generic fucking black rock monsters
>cara should never have been cast

>killer croc was pretty cool

I personally fucking hated the movie. But all my normie friends on facebook seemed to love it.

It's probably somewhat like Green Lantern

It was painfully obvious which of the jokes were originally there and which were reshoots, and a lot of the shit they made me want to give the movie a chance from the first trailer was just fucking gone in place of scenes with shit editing where even if I didn't know there was obviously something missing, I'd still think it was shit editing.

I have no idea what the fuck they were trying to do with Harley, they have a near perfect portrayal possible, but they couldn't decide what she was in the movie, or maybe removing like 60% of the Joker material made it seem that way. There was also that shit at the beginning where she's talking to the dude from MadTV and he's like "damn yer hot" like 14 times and then it randomly flashes back to her in like some hentai-esque scenario of being drugged and strapped down and surrounded by men and then MadTV guy said something like "I'm gonna mess your head up" and then it quickly flashed back to her being like "come in my cell, I'm a whore" and then it also flashed back to the Joker shocking her in the head with defibrillators. And then it's like her and Deadshot are supposed to be friends, and that kinda works, but it comes out of nowhere, and they're pretty much the main characters but they have little actual characterization and I found myself, maybe not 'caring,' per se, but slightly more interested in Normal Man's quest to reclaim his waifu.

I haven't seen this but you know how I know it's bad? I haven't seen anything posted since it's come out which could be classified as a spoiler

Literally not one thing. It seems like there wasn't anything cool or interesting that happened at all in the film

There's nothing to spoil.
One character that gets introduced as a deceitful creature of deceit like goes rogue and is the main villain and I have no idea if I was supposed to be surprised by this.

The one dude dies immediately, but also that dude was the only member of the SKWAAAD that didn't get any publicity like all year up until last month or so when they realized "Oh, shit, it's pretty obvious then dumb character with the dumb "power" bites it quick, because we haven't made a gay dayglow poster about him, let's do that now"

The one thing I didn't know would happen was the Flash showed up in a Captain Boomerang flashback for 10 seconds.

Literally everyone knew slipknot would die. That's literally what he's known for.

That's like being surprised when Harvey Dent becomes Two-Face.

>IM2 is the worst capeshit movie in the last 10 years with GL
>72% on RT
RT is fucking garbage

Holyshit that is actually true LMAO

On imdb
imdb.com/title/tt1386697/board/nest/260131292?p=2

Talk about harley

> This is what I heard. When I thinka about a sexy, crazy character that appeals to female moviegoers, I think Angelina's "Girl, Interrupted."

> Supposedly, Harley is sexy but through a male gaze and not in a way that appeals to female viewers.
> through a male gaze

> I also heard the scene with Batman giving her mouth to mouth was weirdly-aggressive and borderline-misogynistic with him choking her or something???

> It was my privilege