They told the designer to Fix the Enterprise and he actually did it!

>They told the designer to Fix the Enterprise and he actually did it!
>Absolute Madman!

Other urls found in this thread:

hobbytalk.com/bbs1/99-science-fiction-modeling/537698-ncc-1701-star-trek-beyond.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is this thread about?

*wink*

Star Trek Thread.

It still looks bit broken.

Before and after?

It is much better. The proportions are better so it doesn't look so bloated, it's less busy, and overall is closer to the original aesthetics.

So, was the Vengeance supposed to be that timeline's version of the Excelsior?

>prototype starship
>more advanced than the enterprise and more powerful
>had transwarp drive
>considered to be the fastest ship in starfleet

>Enterprise

Designer name?

I have no idea, I'm a living Memory Alpha and I have no idea what the fuck OP is talking about

hobbytalk.com/bbs1/99-science-fiction-modeling/537698-ncc-1701-star-trek-beyond.html

This is the new Enterprise-A shown at the end of Beyond.

Oh thanks. I saw the movie when it came out but when they rebuilt the enterprise at the end I didn't notice a difference. I guess my autism levels aren't high enough

The version shown in the movie is slightly different, mostly just a little more detail added. But the overall change in shapes and flow is there and improves it a lot.

Yeah if it's like the OP image I do like it. My only problem with the JJ enterprise was that the warp nacelles looked like they were hanging on by a fucking thread. And lo and behold, in Beyond the villain immediately exposes that weakness.

Yup with the new one the nacelles are smaller and the supports bigger so it's much more balanced.

They split the difference and came up with an ugly avant garde flower vase.

Nigga have you seen the original ship from the tv show? When you start with that as your base, you only have so much you can with with

all starfleet ships are poorly designed

That's the perfect way to describe it, I don't understand all these people who say it looks better than the previous one, which actually looks like something we'd build.

Now it kind of just looks awkward with all those straight nacelle pylons and neck alongside those diagonal/curved sweeps.

That faggy persimmon blue is the cherry on top of a fecal cheesecake. If you painted all that crap charcoal or black, it would only look really awful.

Hopefully they can do the same with the Discovery.

>So, was the Vengeance supposed to be that timeline's version of the Excelsior?

Yes. I thought it was pretty obvious when Scotty disables the Vengeance, just like Scotty disabled the Excelsior in ST 3

Reminder
e
m
i
n
d
e
r

The best part is when they use the air shocks on the new 'prise. It's bumping.

Sean Gargreaves.

Don't forget the jjprise got even bigger in the wrath of Cumberbatch.

This is made pretty clear in Beyond.

>Clip it's wings!
>Now shoot it in the neck!
>Aaaand it's dead.

Fix'd

Is this for the new series?

>Getting bothered about the most irrelevant feature of the design.

Really, the size is meaningless. For all intents & purposes, the Enterprise could be no larger than the Space Cruiser C57D from Forbidden Planet (its unabashed inspiration) and still accomplish all of its storytelling goals. It's only larger because nerds get off on dick-measuring contests between franchises.

Now don't forget that Admiral Robocops ship dwarfed even that.

No, this is the new Enterprise for the movies.

This is the ship for the series, it's like reverse day.

No, it's from star trek: sabotage.

A reminder that this is the Star Trek phase 2 Enterprise rejected in the 70s.

There's a reason it was rejected. It looks horrible and nobody likes it.

Fuck, the Vengeance would be the size of a small planet then.
Bravo JJ.

It was for Planet of Titans that was theatrical movie that got cancelled in favor of Phase II tv-show... that got cancelled in favor of Motionless picture. Pic related is renderer of Phase II design. It's almost movie Enterprise, but not entirely.

Agreed.

I like this tbqh.

>Blue bussards

It's like pottery

I find it interesting how square nacelles were always on their mind when trying to update the Enterprise for the 70's.

The only thing that qualifies as not retarded is the defiant. I wonder if we'll ever see a new universe version of that.

It's larger because CGI makes it too easy to fuck with scaling.

Its scale was never consistent in any of the movies.

>one shot its the size of any other enterprise
>the other shot it dwarfs fucking planets

I'd love to see the fanbaby tears when the Defiant gets built 200 years ahead of schedule.

The new Enterprise-A supposedly matches the scale of the prime Enterprise

look at the decks

le timey travelly faice

The way the neck attaches far far behind the deflector dish looks fucked up.

The saucer section just looked way too small.

I don't know about that, look at the size of the windows in OP's pic.

But the Defiant was built during TOS, it went into the evil opposite with goatee universe during the Tholian web and was found by evil Archer.

u wat

It was literally made to fight the borg.

Wrong Defiant. There have been three ships named Defiant, he's talking about the Constitution Class one.

When talking about "the only star fleet ship that isn't retarded" all the non defiant class ships are off the table.

Thanks

if they build that thing on the ground how do they get it into space? it doesnt looks like its built to leave or enter an atmsphere. does it get put up there by something else, like a carrier vessel?

WHY DOES A SPACESHIP NEED SPEED TO FLY?

IT DOESN'T HAVE WINGS.

Super Materials should make the ship strong enough. Anyway, it's being built inside a giant "Halo-ringlike" station.

Are you talking about the warp 4 ship needing to fall off of a mountain to start its engines?

It's SO CLOSE to being perfect. If they'd just squared off the goddamn nacelles...

Gotta give Sulu something to do.

>having windows just on the vertical surfaces only
>that massive large top surface with nothing for anyone inside
what a shit design

But he already does something

Men

He was certainly skilled at operating thrusters

Star Trek 2009 shows the Enterprise being assembled in a field in Iowa for some reason

Any ship capable of generating an internal artificial gravity has enough energy to literally ignore gravity and float off where the fuck it likes.
Granted it's never been like that in ST

Although it would make sense in a more logical way.
>You are able to modify gravity or just create gravitational fields just like that
>You can't make your stuff float

Star Trek was always a bitch with its tech just for drama reasons, it's good to see the Starships include this kind of futuristic stuff for once.

Tfw the sovereign is just an excelsior without the turtleneck

And better proportions.

Voyager's not so bad. They eliminated the "neck", and the nacelles are small and drawn in close to the main hull

After years of pretty consistent designs this is the only thing I can think of when I look at the Voyager now.

>They eliminated the "neck"
That's stupid how will Kirk see whats beyond a wall for example, if the command deck is so low? There might be Klingons behind it and he wouldn't even know.

Is there an explanation of why star trek ships are designed so silly?

It was cool in the 60s

It still is.

>Klingons? In my Delta Quadrant?

It's more likely than you think

so just to look silly then?

Well no. They were based on a mix of aesthetics that were popular at the time and what futurists predicted things would look like. Just because things turned out differently doesn't mean they were silly at the time.

Well they did do that for the Sovereign too

and the Nebula

Yes and now.
It was a time when Starships were just Rocket ships. All of a sudden, some tv program pops up and says "This, is a starship" and, at the time, the thing looked sexy and original as fuck.

Now it's still sexy because of nostalgia and because it printed its shape into popular culture, but also because we're still evolving the design over and over again.

But Frankly it's not a practical design. Too many weakpoints. If this thing wasn't hold together by scifi magic material it would wobble and rip apart way before it activated its engines.

The Sovereign still has a distinct body though so it still looks fine. The Intrepid is just way too compact for me.

The Sovereign is proportionate though. The Disk is approximately the same lenght as the hull, the nacelles have the same length as well.

Right, the Intrepid has a fuck off huge saucer in comparison to everything else. It's like they turned on Big Head Mode from Goldeneye 64.

I thought about this, the reason is that its probably secret and new and they don't have the same space defenses like in TNG to have it floating in orbit

but then again if it was they would have built it underground

I agree on the Nebula being like a Midget Galaxy.
Another example of Kitbashing.

Well making actual unique designs for every ship gets hard. So yeah just kitbash a bunch of shit together to fill the background scenes.