Goblet of Fire is the best directed harry potter film

Goblet of Fire is the best directed harry potter film.

Alfonso? Get that guy outta here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DzmgTU6VI2Y
crazydaysandnights.net/2016/05/blind-items-revealed-5-388.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Goblet of Fire is the best directed harry potter film

It was my favorite HP book and they destroyed that movie. If I had the power to execute the people who did this I would.

What's wrong with it besides that wizard directir being mad instead of calm.

It's a film, doll. Not a book. Sorry they didn't include every little side plot that isn't relevant

They didn't do every little thing JK Rowling said

>no Quidditch World Cup match between Bulgaria and Ireland
>no Veela cheerleaders
>everyone's still dressing like muggles outside of classes
>Watson is still part of the films
>Dumbledore becomes this background character who just comes out at random times to yell at people

Yeah, nah.

>best directed harry potter film
You could argue for best movie, but that's not due to the direction.

they needed to make room for two dance numbers

>everyone's still dressing like muggles outside of classes
They only dress like the on the weekends and evenings where it's actually allowed. Robes are mandatory only for school hours.

>any of the trash that is harry potter
>best

It is one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Quidditch match

I'm not watching a three hour movie to watch a nonsensical fictional sports game. Sports is boring enough as it is

it's also the best of the books

>Sports is boring enough as it is
Not our fault that daddy never paid you enough attention

DID YA PUT YER NAME IN T'GOBLET O' FIRE

- Dumbledore said calmly

>Be cutie eleven grill sorted into gryffindor, find out a wizard cup is upcoming!
>First is ok we get to see the contendants (I love Harry Potter xD) and they fought dragons!!!
>Second we stand at a fucking wooden stand seeing nothing, just wanna see Harry in bathing pants xD
>Third we still dont see shit, go and have hot sex with Argus Filch, he becomes my sugar daddy at school :)

Thats piss poor writing on j.k.k. rowling side
if an actual author wrote it, it would have been fine

um... lol?

People who think goblet is the best directed are absolute plebs. I enjoy it but its one of the worst. Its easily the worst directed also. The trio did fine but Newell is a fucking maniac I can imagine him running arouns set shouting, harassing the dp and slapping everyone on the ass. I can only put ir ahead of the first one because it at least had a competent dp who did chamber of secrets

3>7.1>6>5>2>8>4>1

>you can only enjoy hard literature or you're a pleb
What a boring, narrow fucking view to have. There aren't many masterworks of literature, you know. What, maybe a hundred, two? You're going to burn through those in a lifetime and you're going to be left with nothing but a repeat of those experiences. Why limit yourself like that?

Imagine only being able to enjoy French art-house films or something to that end, all the things you would miss simply because you weren't open minded enough. Do you only listen to Mozart? I can't imagine what it would be like to go through life and being such an uninteresting person.

There's nothing wrong with hard literature -- it's fantastic and should be appreciated for what it is -- but there's nothing wrong with enjoying genre fiction or anything else of its ilk. Broaden your horizons and become a more well-rounded person.

>also
It has the best material but thats the only reason its decent.

You can't argue its the best movie because its consistently batshit

>pic
That is some fucking pleb taste holy shit

This is one of the best parts of the book and they ruined it.

What's the point of this?

>he hates on watson
This board kek. So triggered by hermione. She actually was good even though Newell is a goddamn madman director

The first two films were the best directed. Chris Columbus should never have left and Richard Harris shouldn't have died.

The movie was better.

You are a fucking idiot

nostalgia fag

Imagine Argus pimping you out at Knockturn Alley, would be like living the dream.

:^)

>old coot calmly asking a simple question
>one of the best parts of the book
wow what a shit book

We all know the biggest fault of any HP director was leaving out all of Fred & George's awesome hijinks in OotP. Also Peeves

You just know sir michael gambon who read prisoner of azkaban and was chill as fuck in the film wasn't wanting to shake harry like he owed him some quid. You just know it was Newells idea since Gambon portrayed him with a slight irish twinge that Newell said lets turn it up to eleven and make him a heavy handed sterotypical roigh love drunken master. You just KNOW

?

best potter girl coming through

Harris was decrepit. He was barely even mobile at that point and wheezed out every line. One of Dumbledore's most prominent qualities was that he was spry for his age, full of life.

The gif you tumblr teens use to back up Harris is pointless. Are you really going to be pedantic enough to look up specific moments in the book and compare them to the movies? Spoiler alert, they're going to be different. Constantly. A single instance does not a stupid point prove.

And even if we're going off the books, Dumbledore grows seemingly bipolar as time goes on. He's conflicted, contradictory, and full of ulterior motives. And batshit insane? He's called almost exactly that very often by other characters.

Anybody who honestly thinks Harris was a superior Dumbledore either didn't read the books or just didn't get them. Which is hard to do.

>

>putting Brave New World in low teir and 1984 in High tier

don't reply to bait.

The exama fireworks scene was kino tho. They just were reduced to smaller supporting roles films have their own necessities
PEEVES! was cool though. I think the worst abomination is the shining third task even though it fits the film

This Gambon is actually spot on in 3 6 8

And in 5 he's like hes on edge because the school is being taken over

>The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."
>I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
spot on. Harry Potter was literally the dumbing down of literature.

It's bait.

Kys lmao. Or go back to wherever you came from

Nah, Watson's a fucking terrible actress.

A lot of people are willing to look that over because they're nostalgic about her playing Hermione in the first film and somewhat fitting the role. But even back then she was a nightmare to deal with. Like, she wouldn't even let the makeup department make her hair all bushy. Later on in the series, it just got worse. They took the good stuff from Ron and Harry, gave it to Hermione, because the scriptwriter had a hard on for her.

this, if i didn't read the books i wouldnt have a clue what was going on with crouch and family

I enjoy all the films I really do, I admire them because each entry feels different. But goblet is bottom half at the least

Tldr no she isn't

Look how fucking triggered your entire post. She's one of my favorite parts she has great comedic and dramatic chops. Literally leading a tom hanks film. All your post is butthurt matey

>he's citing bushy hair
Wew lad calm down and hermione was a main character for a reason. Stay salty

What's impressive is they filmed 7 of these back to back and the final three back to back to back

BOMBARDA

yeah the image sure, but the written part is correct. the prose is mediocre and there is no real complexity (morality is black and white, character development is generally superficial, no underlying messages to the story. attempt at subversion[snape] are done in a mediocre way). the world, while nothing new, is immersive, but very unenjoyable. Its easy to read, but at the same time somewhat of chore to do so. characters aren't engaging enough to keep you interested and the whole magic aspect is escapism garbage. essentially its the literary equivalent of a Family Guy, good fun for autistic children but not life changing.

Wow the magicial fantasy story focuses on magic and fantasy. You've done it watson!

Watson is such a terrible actress
its unfuckingbelieve she was the worst part about a Sofia Coppola movie that even had Taissa Farmiga in it

>gatsby
This is bait isn't it?

I cant believe people are this retarded she was the best part in the bling ring. Look at the character she was portraying, that bitch was an alcoholic doing heroin and acid when she was in middle school. Completely vapid, she nailed the satire. If anything the films faults are Coppolas. Taissa isn't anything special

Prequel apologists ruined Sup Forums permanently. You wouldn't be able to say bullshit like "Harry Potter 4 was good" or "BvS and Suicide Squad were kino" without getting blasted.

She was good in bling ring mate. Lots of people didn't even get that movie.

This is probably true

Game of Thrones ruined this board by introducing it to retards like Marcus and meme vultures.

Game of thrones is shit but honestly if it wasn't game of thrones it would be something else. Why don't we just have a tv board seperate for television only and a capeshit board. That would cut down somewhat

It was the movie that should have expanded the wizarding world and showed you muggles how amazing it is and it fucking failed

Also, Cedric Diggory looked like a goddamn frog when hes supposed to be some classy Brad Pitt looking motherfucker

youtube.com/watch?v=DzmgTU6VI2Y

Gary Oldman as Sirius Black is the best thing about the entire series

Don't talk to me, Marcus. I was replying to someone else.

They failed with cedric I didn't even care about him he was a cardboard cutout.

Oldmam, Thewlis, Issac, it really was the best supporting cast,

it isn't the best directed is just the one where most things happen learn to articulate op

>wasting millions of dollars and ten minutes of valuable screen time on a Quidditch match that has no effect on the plot

On a scale of 1 to 10 what are the chances that Hermione lost her virginity to Krum's big Slavic dick?

No only that but the first task essentially took the spot of quidditch in the film. This is why in ootp there's no quidditch because they had broom scenes in this first four

You don't have to post everything you think of

0, but in real life probably a 10 considering she needs all the connections she can get for being so bad at acting.

>neckbeard.jpg

She lost her virginity to the kid she dated in 06-07. Otherwise it wouls have beem radcliffe bc they were crushing but he admits to losing his elsewhere

>notaste.jpg

HARRYD

>the unironic projection

I think Rowling originally intended for witches and wizards to permanently "soul bond" to their partner once they had sex with each other for the first time but she never explicitly stated it because it would piss of a lot of her fanbase, hence why most of the married couples (James and Lily, Arthur and Molly ect) married as teenagers and there's absolutely zero divorced people in Harry Potter and none of the widowed people ever remarry

I still wish Terry Gilliam had been allowed to direct them

>notaste.jpg

Harry Potter would've been kino if directed by QueerTan Tarpaulino

>(James and Lily, Arthur and Molly ect) married as teenagers

They did because Voldemort might have killed them at any moment so might as well enjoy life while they can.

>niggerstonguemyanus.aep

Still tho even tho the wizarding world is supposed to be pretty old fashioned it still unusual that that there's no divorced people or widows that have remarried

I liked the way it turned out. Columbus provided the initial structure to build off. But gilliam would have been great

Poes law

Harry Potter could never be kino even with someone like thamrongrattanarit directing

>he doesn't know
Harry potter has more kinos than lord of the rings not that that's hard

Luna is CUTE!

underrated

A much better question is whether or not Ginny got BLACKED before she started dating Harry

>This still wild royal has been hooking up with this former Harry Potter actress. She couldn’t stop talking about it this week. He sure does love his blondes.

>Prince Harry/Evanna Lynch

crazydaysandnights.net/2016/05/blind-items-revealed-5-388.html

I think it's mostly so everyone around Harry would have functional and loving families in order to make him sadder about "MUH PARENTS ARE DEAD!!!!!!"

>wizard directir
oh god pepsi went down my nose fuck you

>mostly cheesy dutch shots (the reducto one was good)
>dude the death eaters are here
>tent dancing
>david tennants performance
>gambons performance
>making the tournament into a gladiator match instead of wizard olympics
>barty crouch SENIOR
>the shining maze task
>lets show that same dream AGAIN

This only autists get upset at this

You mean worst.

It's awful.

>Everyone in the film acts like a complete maniac for some reason.
>Everyone's hair is out of control.
>The plot is completely butchered, from being the most intricate in the series to being completely nonsensical.
>They spend a ridiculous amount of time on the Yule Ball for some reason.
>The pacing is a mess and it's all shot bizarrely

THE CHINESE FIREBALL, OOOOOOOH

Normies think its the best, I always have a laugh

BAAAARTY CROOOOUCH....

....JUNIOR!

there's more than one blonde though

NEVER MIND
OFF TO BED BOTH OF YOU
*wriggling eyebrows*
RON YOU SPOILED EEEEEVERYTHING!