Jared Leto responds to cut Joker scenes

THE MADMAN
We also asked Leto if he was upset about any of his scenes getting cut – as previously reported – to which he responded.

“Were there any that didn’t get cut? I’m asking you, were there any that didn’t get cut? There were so many scenes that got cut from the movie, I couldn’t even start. I think that the Joker… we did a lot of experimentation on the set, we explored a lot. There’s so much that we shot that’s not in the film.

“If I die anytime soon, it’s probably likely that it’ll surface somewhere. That’s the good news about the death of an actor is all that stuff seems to come out.”

As IGN left the room we told Leto we hope he doesn’t die anytime soon, to which he rather darkly responded “We all die.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kN_SaHoGwYc
youtube.com/watch?v=yns5SyERGV4
ign.com/articles/2016/08/05/jared-leto-unsure-about-jokers-journey-in-suicide-squad
youtube.com/watch?v=AjVHwOpsoYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

to people who have seen the movie

How does letos joker compare to other incarnations of joker (in the comics) and which incarnation does he act most like? what characteristics of the joker does he have and which does he not??

He's his own beast, really. A few people have said he's like a modern gangster version of Cesar Romero's which seems right

oh sweet i love cesar romeros take

Any relation to the many variation of comic book jokers? Morrison? Azullos?

That was my feeling. A more gangster, psychotic version of Ceasar Romero, which frankly, was fucking great. I'm sorely disappointed and sad that they cut so much of his scenes.

He seems pretty pissed off about it as well. 'Were they any that didn't get cut?'. I'm genuinely curious as to how much footage he shot.

Not enough to judge him on, really

Anyone that gives you an answer is bullshitting

Johnny Frost from the Joker graphic novel shows up a few times, but he's more like Morrison's Joker.

yeah that really sucks about the scenes getting cut, i still wish he didn't have the head tattoo though, come on.

Empty, materialistic, semi-intriguing but they didn't explore enough so they made him seem vapid.

Honestly feel bad he seems really bummed that he didn't get to show off what he wanted his character to be and now he feels like es stuck on the sideline while his character gets trashed on without being properly portrayed

Poorly. The decision to cut so much of him was a good one, the little that there is of him is really grating. His lack of on screen time allows the rest of the cast to shine.
It's strange that they decided to put so much of him in the advertising considering how little he appears in the film. Should've focused on the strength of the film which was the team.

true

>and which incarnation does he act most like?

They basically ripped him out of Brian Azzelzo's ''Joker'' Graphic Novel and tattoo'd him up like All Star Batman's Joker with a pinch of Grant Morrison and Scott Synder Jokers thrown in.

it's pretty obvious the joker originally played a more significant role in the main story, and for some unknown reason they decided to cut it all and reshoot and add in shit. which is a horrible idea.

if the joker was originally much bigger part of the story taking out his parts and trying to replace them will fuck up the movie and leave glaring holes because you are erasing the originally intended story.

i highly doubt the director said months later "okay even though we've finished the film i wanna change it and remove significant plot points" this looks to be warner bros interfering yet again.

He's a cameo basically. It's like asking details about Batfleck when he's in the movie for a few minutes.

I haven't read the comics but I wish he'd cut the Ledger voice

He's under the red hood in that he is cool + modern and possibly drug using, with Ledger's voice

They're obviously saving it for the director's cut

>heath ledger gives one of the most praised performances in modern cinema and shortly dies after it further cementing just how incredible it was

>Leto has 5 minutes in the biggest flop of the year and is now on suicide watch
kek his death wouldn't have the same impact although he may as well off himself his career is fucking over

>As IGN left the room we told Leto we hope he doesn’t die anytime soon, to which he rather darkly responded “We all die.”
I'm worried Leto might really be becoming the Joker.

Basically WB exec's got scared they'd get thrown under the bus for MUHSOGGYKNEEEEE from SJW's if they saw the original joker.

fitting for his portrayal of the joker to act like an edgy teenager

They're clearly saving hype for the director's cut

yes your pg 13 cape shit movie was just too DARING and EXTREME for the modern world

>“If I die anytime soon, it’s probably likely that it’ll surface somewhere. That’s the good news about the death of an actor is all that stuff seems to come out.”
I-Is he redpilled?

>As IGN left the room we told Leto we hope he doesn’t die anytime soon, to which he rather darkly responded “We all die.”

DUDE HE'S GONE CRAZY LMAO

No he's pretending to be Heath Ledger, except memeier forced edginess and without the drugs and dying.

what is the logical reasoning behind this?

>lets remove most of the scenes of our most popular character who also plays a significant part in the story!

whorse joker ever
>they have perfectly understood the relation between J and harley... lel

he's freaking me out now. hope he doesn't off himself :(

The logical reasoning?
>this method autist is shitting up every scene hes in, how much can we remove while keeping the meat if the story in place and hopefully lessen the damage he does to the film overall

mostly because of "muh feelings" and anything related to guns in a movie made to be seen by masses of people might cause a retard to go out and shoot someone after seeing the movie

They had to save time for HONKA HONKA

Damn its real. Sucks to be him I guess. At least hrs still good in it and Will Smith is semi semi likable again.

i have a feeling will smith pulled some shit

Jared should've put less pubes in Will's coffee. Being a fucking cunt has consequences. Hence Joker missing half his teeth.

youtube.com/watch?v=yns5SyERGV4

it was the studio fucking it up

>hes still good in it

top fucking kek. hes shit

>Post YFW Leto's joker scenes were cut from the movie because his synchronicity with Sup Forums was going to create a meme-singularity and induce The Great Jester archetype in us memers

Agreed there's not enough for a fair assessment, but I was not liking what we did see of him. Think Lex Zuckerburg but even more sparatic and "random"

Deeply tasteless considering what happened to Heath Ledger.

WB has a long track record of fucking things up.

Don't get me wrong user, I'm not defending Will Smith.

Its just that the studio has been a real shit show for a while now.

I was going to show an animated Batman movie to my young cousin when I was watching him. Shit was deplorable. DC has fallen far from pic related days.

So I just watched to movie, and while I tend to feel very 'meh' about a lot of movies (neither hate nor love most), I have the feeling here that either they royally fucked up the whole thing in the cutting room (due to some dubious test screening results), or it was utter shite to begin with.

I have no problem whatsoever with a style-over-substance, but when you divide by zero, you merely get a NaN.

Leto's joker was one of the more interesting characters (with most of them being completely forgettable), but his appearances were a cameo at best. As people mentioned here, Gangsta Joker had potential, but they went for tits and Hancock instead.

wtf am i watching, i cant stop fucking laughing...
oh god let this become the only meme from this movie

The theater close to my house barely had anyone at the midnight premier, which was weird because I live in a rather large city with two large art colleges near it, so the movie theater near me is huge and almost always packed on weekends. The people who were there were dead silent the entire time. No one laughed at the jokes, no one said any "whoas" or "damns." It was brutally silent the entire time.
Upon leaving the theater, I heard my fair share of "that sucked" and "it wasn't really great", but the thing that was the most telling was many people were asking "who's the guy with the green hair? Is he the Joker's sidekick or something? Is he a new villain?" I also heard a lot of "wasn't the Joker supposed to be in this?" It's like people didn't know that Leto was supposed to be the Joker at all. I blame bad editing on that, but still, that says something that even with Harlee, no one was convinced that Leto was the Joker.

I personally didn't care for it. I thought it was a mediocre action flick in it's best moments and a bad super hero film at it's worst. It won't be remembered in the long term I don't think.

I want to believe

You mean her calling him Joker, Mister J, etc. in the movies didn't tell them who he was?

Or the fact that he breaks Harley out at the end and the ending scene is them kissing before it goes to the shitty graffiti scene before credits roll?

Either you're making shit up or the people around you are morons.

Mulder?

I'm disappointed he won't be in it more, he seems like he'll be a good Joker and taking him back to his gangster roots. I don't know why people make jokes about his 'edginess' when Heath Ledger's Joker was way more of an edgy pseudo-intellectual with his "agent of chaos" bullshit.

>hire an actor to play one of the most well-known characters from the source franchise you're making your movie from
>shoot a ton of material with him
>let him do whatever retarded shit he wants and drive the other actors up the wall
>market the movie with his method acting and make your movie look like a joke
>cut all his scenes out
HAHAHA LOCK ME UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY THE INVESTORS ARE GONNA FREAK

Or the heroin junkie smeared make up and carved jack-o'-lantern smile. Tony Montana is less edgy for sure.

Ok I watched the movie in theaters. Have fun watching camrips every summer, grayskin. Can't wait for you to review Dunkirk next my man

This. It's WB's plan to butcher the movie as much as possible so you'll buy the "Ultimate Edition" BD.. Expect them to do this shit for JL aswell

I seriously can't answer you because he's in the screen for ten minutes at the most

Yea, when Suicide Squad comes out on bd the main headline will be "25 minutes of unseen Joker" to get their bd sales up

Nothing about this movie shines.

He had some really good scenes and some truly awful scenes. As others have said he felt like an amalgamation of several different iterations of the Joker.

Would we collectively mantle The Great Jester? Would Leto ascend as Cegorach?

I kinda liked turbo-edgelord Joker in that book desu

Does anybody remember the scene in which the Joker arrives with the helicopter?

Who disabled Harley's neckbomb?

>never see
this isn't Disney, WB will release the director's cut and then the ultimate director's, just like they did Watchman and BvS.

>“If I die anytime soon, it’s probably likely that it’ll surface somewhere. That’s the good news about the death of an actor is all that stuff seems to come out.”
Wow the inmates are really running the asylum now :^)

They'll release for DC's BluRayKino

I liked him. He seemed very edgy but at the same time its still in your face that he's a flamboyant fucking mob boss who dresses like a clown for shits and giggles.

So not quite the overrated "Y suh sirious" grimdark heath ledger shit but pretty fun. Could've toned down the whole gutteral animal noise he makes from time to time though

>he's literally on Suicide Watch

The scientist they kidnapped

I'd bother watching it those weren't cut, fuck DC and Warner for ruining their own movies.

And fuck the fans for thinking that Big Daddy Disney pays people to say that their movies are shit.

I thought this was made up. Hory Sheet ign.com/articles/2016/08/05/jared-leto-unsure-about-jokers-journey-in-suicide-squad

Not enough of him to judge. I like the gangbanger/club scene aesthetic they put with him and Harley. It gives me hope for a solo batman/joker if placed in the right hands. Movie itself though was meh.

Leto isn't a guy who mindfucks you mentally like Ledger, more of a Jack Nicholson to me

As so many do on this board, you're misunderstanding the meaning of edgy. Ledger's joker actually was edgy, Leto's is wannabe edgy. Ledger's joker felt legitimately insane. Leto's feels like a teenage emo kid doing a Joker impression to look cool and fucked up in front of his faggot emo friends.

The scene when he pushes out Harley for no reason was retarded. I believe in this

Wow. When will we be seeing this cut of the movie? The theatrical cut sounds hacked up and watered down. When will WB allow its directors to do their job and stop interfering? That's twice now in a universe with only three films.

The damage control and embarrassing shit coming from the actors and director after this absolute disaster is probably more entertaining than the movie itself, which I won't be watching.

WB panicked after the reaction to BvS (which they fudged up too) and apparently ruined Suicide Squad. The director and actors didn't sign up for the final product and are trying to distance themselves from it.

He's a flamboyant stringer bell

Gangster, not supervillain

Hungover Jared is best Jared. I actually feel bad for him.

honestly, it seems like leto really put a lot into this performance and was genuinely proud of it. it's understandable that he'd be pissed that corporate meddling would render worthless years of work on what we can only assume HE thought was, indeed, a valid follow-up to ledger's joker.

the point is, i just sort of wanna give the guy a hug right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=AjVHwOpsoYg

he sucked in the movie, but any good scenes were definitely cut. I feel bad for the people who actually tried on this

Stop shilling your Youtube channel already.

>we all die

Absolutely brutal

Why did they hype this motherfucker so much and then cut all his scenes?

Did WB not understand that Joker was one of the main draws?

Hes not more than a cameo, cant say anything as he has no scenes.
I have no clue where all the scenes from trailers went, but they are not in the movie.

-bad bvs reception
-complains about lack of humor
-constant mass shooting making psychopath characters being less desirable
-director got kicked off the editing process and an outside firm was brought in pre release yo lighten it up and the studio cant get it story straight

but my guess is to make it lighter in tone, we dont know how the pre reshoot movie looked but probably was more violent