Ferris Bueller's Day Off

What went so right?

a movie about a lazy white middle class american who skips school to goof off?

Inspector gadget 3 when?

It's tough to put a finger on it. It's kind of a cop-out, but sometimes everything just lines up to make a perfect, comfy little movie. Stuff like this or Back to the Future or The Rocketeer are just lightning in a bottle, imho.

Like, if you tried to pitch this movie nowadays it just wouldn't fly. It's got a certain charm that's just tougher to find now.

80s America with a bright future, economic upstroke and the beginning of tech

This movie for me is special because of Cameron Frye and his arch. He reminds me of myself just like 99% of the people that post here.

I actually miss seeing him in movies. He was pretty good at acting. Shame about the pedo stuff

the lawsuit

Mia Sara x1000

Its empty on the inside.
leaves you feeling sad

>empty on the inside
Because it's Hollywood trite tripe. There's only a cheap imitation of a "rebellious" teenager to be seen; no drug use, no sex, nothing someone going to the effort would actually do. I mean, why even lie to his parents, why bother?- he's just skipping a day of school, who actually would give a single fuck?

When Matthew Broderick killed those people? I thought that was cool. It probably doesn't haunt him.

don't have anything to do with the movie

This is

I actually hate this film and I don't get why everyone loves it.

>Ferris is a pure asshole who thinks he's the shit and gets his girlfriend and best friend into mass amounts of trouble because "lol fuck you authority."
>Cameron is a nice kid who doesn't deserve the asshole dad he has and Ferris didn't need to stir the pot any by making him take his dads really expensive and nice car out and basically wrecking it
>Ferris doesn't give a shit about his younger girlfriend or her well being either and considers her a piece of ass
>Rooney is just trying to do his fucking job, give the man a break

Even as a younger person I never liked Ferris and I never understood how he got away with it all. Wouldn't people see him in the news on the parade float? Wouldn't it be obvious when Sloan, Ferris, and Cameron all became absent in the same day that something wasn't right? And damn dude that car was cherry and they totally fucked it all up.

There's a lot of really really solid, funny, heartwarming moments sure. But I also think the plot and plot devices it uses are inherently flawed and wouldn't sail as well today because it's completely circumstantial. I guess that's the magic of the movie is that Ferris gets away by the skin of his teeth, but it feels like one giant Deus Ex Machina.

How long until that one retard shows up with his "theory" of how Ferris was an imaginary being created by Cameron. Astoundingly retarded bullshit.

>Rooney is just trying to do his fucking job, give the man a break
He went a little further than just doing his job. He was out to get Ferris.

was ferris a bad student? did he get bad grades? I know he skipped a lot

I mean after all that Ferris did to him to sabotage his career, I don't blame him.

it's actually pretty good unlike breakfast club. theres something about ferris being a massive ass that is quite endearing.