Is the 2005 version of King Kong one of the best movies ever made?

Is the 2005 version of King Kong one of the best movies ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8LFQun4HQj8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a classic

Yes. Fuck the haters.

A tour-de-force...spellbinding

A riveting and spellbinding adventure

I unironically thought it was nothing short of a masterpiece.

>hurr jack black and a skinny jew as the action star

It was cast intentionally and was perfect.

Yes, especially the extended version

Jesus christ there's an extended edition? The movie already is like 3 hours long

Yup

Were the bugs necessary?

Yeah it adds a little over 12 minutes on to the film

When I saw it in the theater I thought it was Jackson one-upping anything they'd done in a Jurassic Park movie.

I actually think this

The fuck is that

It's good but it has a lot of the same problems Jackson's movies always have. He tries too hard to have a little bit of everything thrown in to have mass appeal and it ends up dragging the movie down. It's a horror, comedy, romance, action-adventure, giant monster, CG blockbuster, drama, character study and probably more I could list if I watched it again (I haven't seen it in a few years).

Wouldn't go that far, but it's good.

>tfw remember watching this in the theater as a kid and just wanted to go home and play pokemon

I liked it.

The way he kills the T-rex always weirded me out, something about just opening your mouth until you die is extremely unsettling

>play Pokemon
should have played the King Kong game. It's actually pretty damn good. One of the best movie tie-in video games.

Well he's an ape. That's something apes would do to other average or small animals.

>people old enough to be little kids watching King Kong in the theater are able to post on Sup Forums

Piranhadon. Some massive eel monster that attacks Jack and Company after they escape the Brontosaurus stampede.

A giant fish monster from one of the added scenes

My African-American gentlemen.

Yes.

>implies it was in the past tense

Does it add anything aside from Pihanhadon?

The Crew has a new first encounter with the wildlife of Skull Island. Before the Brontos, they get charged by Ferrucutus, a horned dinosaur that's kinda like a Triceratops on steroids.

King Kong more like KINO Kong!

Theres a battle with a triceratops-like thing, a scene with a terror bird Lumpy accidentally shoots, and a few slight extensions to:

the bug sequencd

Kong chase after Anne is rescued

Kong rampage in the streets

The game was better than the movie. I still play it

Wait! They made that horrible fucking bug scene LONGER? What the fuck did they add to that nightmare fuel station?

>the bug sequencd

jesus christ that is one of the most terrifying fuckings things I have ever seen. I still can't watch that shit after 11 years.

>2005
jesus christ

I don't know what's worse. The giant Weta crickets or those fucking disgusting bloodworms that succ Lumpy to death.

Both even that scene where the huge centipede touched that girls mouth with its antennas. Fuck man!

Baxter shoots two giant spiders, Jimmy sees Hayes dead body, and Denham is seen philosophizing about his last moments

reminder that the jackson preferred the penis with teeth

>it's likely there's underageb& who were conceived during a showing of King Kong in the theatre, shitposting right now

Either way it's fucking creepy

That scene was too much. I wonder if the new Kong movie will have something like this but I doubt it.

well, the movie is called kong skull island. obviously kong is the big star, but there will be more focus on the island and what inhabits it
there's already a giant spider in the comic con trailer

Probably going to be more focused on Kong but with a couple giant monster battles like with the giant spider since its going to be tied in with Godzilla

yes

>Is the 2005 version of King Kong one of the best movies ever made?

No, it's terrible.

Probably still the best King Kong movie ever made yeah

Bump

I've noticed a lot of appreciation for it recently. Personally, it's one of my favorite movies and I think it's the definitive version of King Kong. This and The Thing are two of the best remakes ever made.

With this new Kong movie coming out that looks like shit, I think a lot more people are gonna look upon this one fondly.

How did they get Kong to NY from Skull Island???

I would love to see something like a flesh eating plants

Funny, just watched it with the bae. Was even better than I remembered.

>bae
Kill yourself

Sorry.

>With my boo

There is that better?

definitely is. gonna rewatch it tonight actually. anus still not prepared for that insect scene

>boo

So I can't call my girl boo or bae?

God damn Sup Forums really is finished.

It was great, probably the last time I went to see a Blockbuster and engaged by it.

Seeing this on opening night, Dec. 14th, 2005 when I was 11 years old was truly a magical moment for me. I already loved the original and pretty much any other monster movie or action/adventure film I could find, but this King Kong genuinely opened my eyes to what kind of magic movies can work. The drama, the emotion, the spectacle. This film has everything, and despite a few flaws, does it all really well. It's what truly sparked a lifelong love of movies within me, as well as causing me to realize I wanted to write and direct my own films. Naturally, I'm still a pathetic failure, but I at least I still have vague, hollow memories of the dreams and wishes this film inspired in me. I will always love King Kong

Im with you bro, I fucking adore this film.

the original is better.

an hour could have been cut from this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=8LFQun4HQj8

Did jackson really think this looked good?

[muffled screams]

I watched it a week or two ago, didn't remember a thing about it since I saw it in 2005 but I was totally surprised how good it was. The characters were all very thought out and the Kong/Ann relationship was beautiful. That scene where shes doing tricks for his amusement was both funny and heartwarming. The cgi has aged a bit but for 2005 it was pretty goddamn impressive, although some scenes it was apparent that they were just copy and pasted from a greenscreen (like when they were running away from the brachiosaurus').
Kong felt more like a character than Godzilla in the 2014 movie, I hope they bring some of that to the new Skull Island coming out

so bad. cgi never looked worse

Honestly one of the worst "movies" I've ever seen.

Literally turned it off after 30 minutes.

His nose is so fucking hard to look at, it almost ruins the whole flick.

Oh I fucking hope so.

This DESU