If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism...

>If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism, it couldn’t be more unpopular among kids who enjoyed the ludicrous platitudes of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

>Think metaphorically again, and see that Suicide Squad entangles post-Vietnam and post-9/11 notions about heroism and citizenship. Deadshot does the right, patriotic thing, yet compliments Waller, his treacherous superior, saying, “That’s gangsta!” This use of hip-hop cynicism speaks more directly to modern confused ethics than most lines from other movies and most politicians. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen for millennial viewers (and voters), who think their patriotic moral conflict is new.

HOLY FUCK, CAN MARVEL EVER RECOVER?

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/not-in-defense-of-armond-white
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cause nothing says approaching something like an adult, more than blaring Kanye West and Eminem in scenes where they don't fit.

Rolling

they can't
>yfw Enchantress' zombies were literally Marveldrones, enslaved by enticing but fleeting pleasure and fantasies in order to do the bidding of a tyrant (Disney), who has the goal of homogenizing opinion and attitude, destroying individualism

I can dig Armond's reviews but this movie is shit. I can't believe he's defending it.

Is Based Armond right?

Well it's rotten on RT, so this isn't surprising in the least.

I'm a big guy, tell me I am

MARVEL BTFO

Roll for Am I gay

kek

lol

I'm lonely if you're looking for a dick to suck

CIA, does he has a dick?

Armond thinks Transformers 2 is a masterpiece.

So in CA: WS if Captain tells Robert Redfords character thats gangsta they are on the same level

or would Cap have to tell that to Stark when they are talking about creating Vision?

either way its sounds like a cheap way to distinguish the two

isn't there some irreconcible contradiction in approaching, as an adult, a format built around people dressing up as clowns to punch each other?

Ebert on Armond White

rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/not-in-defense-of-armond-white

> It is baffling to me that a critic could praise "Transformers 2" but not "Synecdoche, New York." Or "Death Race" but not "There Will be Blood." I am forced to conclude that White is, as charged, a troll. A smart and knowing one, but a troll.

CIA confirms it.

Will that closet case suck it?

>not listening to the lyrics
>implying it wasn't clever to use pop songs to pin each characters' personality and pop archetype

>These comic-book characters are interesting in ways that abandon the nihilism Christopher Nolan brought to the previous Batman franchise, which merely continued Tarantino’s jokey, sadistic film noir. Snyder and Ayer are temperamentally opposed to such agnosticism and so find themselves competing against the most popular (commercial) aspects of the superhero genre. Yet they’re also more skilled filmmakers. Each Squad member’s backstory is introduced with a pop-song signature (Kanye West’s volatile “Black Skinhead” makes Deadshot’s the most powerful).

He praised Transformers?

D R O P P E D

Transformers 2 was on his top 10 of the year from memory.

Guy is a clickbait contrarian. There's a reason he's no longer with a reputable publisher and his review aren't used for metacritic or rotten tomatoes.

He simply says the opposite of the general consensus in horrifically verbose pseudo-intellectual reviews.

Most of that piece is actually a good defense of Armond White, I agree with the original piece more than the edit at the top.

Imagine what his review would expect like if the film was critically acclaimed

Probably similar to his Dark Knight review, he pretty much spent the entire review trashing Heath Ledger's acting.

if I pull that mask off, will you die??

d-did he say ideology?

Well he sounds like the guy in high school that always looked for a philosophical meaning on a blank wall or a toilet paper

Does she like me?

were you lying to when you said she likes him?

Were you lying to the person who responded to me instead?