HOLY FUCK

This was way better than Deadpool. And miles better than Reddits of the Galaxy. What the hell is wrong with the critics? They must have gone in wanting to hate it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i5Si6H46aHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you serious dude? There were so many things wrong with this film. The chief issue being the pacing. It felt more like I was watching a live action storyboard then a scripted presentation.

>If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism, it couldn’t be more unpopular among kids who enjoyed the ludicrous platitudes of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

>Think metaphorically again, and see that Suicide Squad entangles post-Vietnam and post-9/11 notions about heroism and citizenship. Deadshot does the right, patriotic thing, yet compliments Waller, his treacherous superior, saying, “That’s gangsta!” This use of hip-hop cynicism speaks more directly to modern confused ethics than most lines from other movies and most politicians. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen for millennial viewers (and voters), who think their patriotic moral conflict is new.

Dont bring Deadpool into this

The Vietnam War (Vietnamese: Chiến tranh Việt Nam), also known as the Second Indochina War,[45] and known in Vietnam as Resistance War Against America (Vietnamese: Kháng chiến chống Mỹ) or simply the American War, was a Cold War-era proxy war[46] that occurred in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia from 1 November 1955[A 1] to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975. This war followed the First Indochina War (1946–54) and was fought between North Vietnam—supported by the Soviet Union, China and other communist allies—and the government of South Vietnam—supported by the United States, Philippines and other anti-communist allies.[51] The Viet Cong (also known as the National Liberation Front, or NLF), a South Vietnamese communist common front aided by the North, fought a guerrilla war against anti-communist forces in the region. The People's Army of Vietnam, also known as the North Vietnamese Army (NVA), engaged in a more conventional war, at times committing large units to battle.
As the war continued, the part of the Viet Cong in the fighting decreased as the role of the NVA grew. U.S. and South Vietnamese forces relied on air superiority and overwhelming firepower to conduct search and destroy operations, involving ground forces, artillery, and airstrikes. In the course of the war, the U.S. conducted a large-scale strategic bombing campaign against North Vietnam.

Any torrents yet?

This is reddit tier shit just like those two flicks you low cinematic IQ redditor

>better than deadpool
>reddits of the galaxy

literally the 2 worst movies of the past decade

come on, user.

Don't fall for the bait. You're smarter than that.

I don't even pay attention to critics. Like why would I listen to what someone else says about a movie without watching it myself? That's just the sheep mentality of the internet trying to trick people.

>This was way better than Deadpool.
No, it fucking wasn't. Also what is with the false excitement, you sound developmentally challenged.

not great. i liked it though.

youtube.com/watch?v=i5Si6H46aHE

>This was way better than Deadpool.

Without question

>Muh reddit meme

Fucktard. You lost me.

>What the hell is wrong with the critics?

Payola from Disney / Marvel.

Stupid nigger

Haven't seen either of those movies so I can't compare, but I thought Suicide Squad was pretty shit.

Deadpool was very, very clear as to what it was aiming for. It also understood that a goofy action comedy shouldn't have the usual world-ending epic threat. Suicide Squad is full of false emotions, misplaced action, poor comedic timing, and a story that simply doesn't make sense for the characters.

Serious question. What is really going on here?

Have all movie critics gone full clickbait mode to get people to visit their website? Does Rotten Tomatoes kick them back money for being controversial and getting more hits on their site?

>Satan likes Marvel flicks

Really makes you think

Absolutely based

Nice meme

Deadpool was full of cringe humour just like this one, this flick at least had good aesthetics and the action is far superior

But all the normie reviwers love it.

>not fan4stic
>not ultron
>not iron man 3
>not civil war

wew lad :^)

I wonder this too. Okay, Suicide Squad isn't great, but it's a passable flick at worst and in no way deserves that RT score.

wut? this is another reddit flick

When the credits rolled the first thing I thought about was how Sup Forums was going to memeify this shit roll of a movie and unironically claim it is Kino.

>literally regurgitates the lies

the state of marvelcucks. how can they recover?

This movie is better than Iron Man 3 and Captain America 3

>Killer Crocker revealed
>It Ain't Me starts playing

Regardless of the strength of the plot, I thought Leto's Joker was more frightening than Ledger's.

>Are you serious dude? There were so many things wrong with THE DEER HUNTER. The chief issue being the pacing. It felt more like I was watching a live action storyboard then a scripted presentation.
Refute this

protip: you can't because it's a baseless non-opinion written by a cowardly faggot who would sooner castrate himself than read the Norton Anthology on Criticism.

>I'm not the only one who thought this
Also
>Killer Crocker

You're an idiot.

I saw it at 10:00 tonight. It was really bad. It didn't make me angry or anything, but it was really bad.

Here's the short of it:
>Killer Croc
Background. He gets a cringy intro overlay, a montage, and then does nothing but club a few faceless baddies in the middle and end of the movie. I think he had as many as 3 lines. Literally.
>Katana
Again, background. She has like 3-4 lines maximum and exists for no other reason that to swing a sword, which is slightly more exciting than just shooting baddies
>Deadshot
By FAR the most screen time but by FAR the worst part of the movie. The daughter story line and intro were both "good" but were counterbalanced by his stupid costume and CRINGE dialogue. A good 80% of his dialogue was not spoken "with" but AT other characters, and most of it were shitty quips or one liners. Will smith played himself all over again.
>Harley
Good! Other than the clear parts that were in the re-edits (aka elevator scene) she was the best character.
>Joker
Slightly over double the amount of screen time than in the trailer. I actually liked his look and acting a lot even though it was over the top. But not enough in the movie, and its seemingly pointless overall
>Boomerang
Another pointless character that achieves almost nothing and says almost nothing. His quip about the fire was the funniest part of the entire movie, but that's a sad fact.
>Slipknot
"She had a mouth" and "how do you know" I think were like the only two lines he had before dying. Lame as fuck.
>Enchantress
The most boring villain of all time. That's an impressive feat next to fucking "ronin" or malekith(?)". Neat design of course but that's all.
>Editing
I don't remember seeing a single tracking shot. It all feels very choppy and very very bland. I feel like i'm hitting skip on scene selection after the end of each part. It doesn't flow, it just jumps to the next quip or action prompt. But then again, there are only 3 action scenes in the movie

I agree with everything but Harley, she was as shit as will smith

>>Editing
>I don't remember seeing a single tracking shot. It all feels very choppy and very very bland. I feel like i'm hitting skip on scene selection after the end of each part. It doesn't flow, it just jumps to the next quip or action prompt. But then again, there are only 3 action scenes in the movie
Unfortunately I think this was intentional, to sort of shoot it like a "Youtube video" with quick awkward cuts.

Real shame.

not him, but you're a cuck
Harley was one of the best parts and I went in thinking she was going to be absolute horse shit.

Couple of her lines made me cringe, though

Who is this supposed to be helpful for? What good is a personal assessment of quip-quality and an overview of screentime per character to anybody with taste?

Cringey af senpai

The bar scene made me cringe a bit

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that Suicide Squad was a deeply cerebral movie that was meant to be enjoyed as an expression of philosophy through visual metaphor.

The point is that this movie is absolutely CENTERED on characters, but all of them are flat as FUCK. Viola Davis was actually pretty decent as well, but really overblown and haughty. She was threatening without much use.

And you conveniently ignored the edit issue? It was a small sentence sure, but its a huge issue for the whole movie.

And dedicating time, effort, and dialogue to bad jokes is objectively bad.

So you like reddit pleb shit

I agree with you op. I enjoyed it from start to finish.

It had so many great emotional dramatic scenes amongst the squad characters. David Ayer is such a fantastic director and truly knowing how to make characters work on screen.

I am so much more excited for Suicide Squad 2 than I am for Justice League

Literally ,reddit: the movie: hotopic edition

>>Harley
>Good! Other than the clear parts that were in the re-edits (aka elevator scene) she was the best character.
I don't know what were re-edits, but half her time on screen was her doing something random/quirky and then feigning ignorant innocence followed by a one-liner when confronted with everyone elses' 'wut' reaction. There was nothing more to her than "lol, I'm tryhard crazy. Can't handle me! why is everyone staring?"

No mention of El Diablo??? You even mentioned Slipknot's shitty 5 min, but not Diablo or even Waller.

This

I haven't seen a superhero movie in 4+ years, I don't have a dog in this fight. I didn't 'conveniently' ignore you point on editing for my own nefarious purposes, I was just distracted by the 20 lines above it.

White is a smart critic because he avoids what you're trying to go into because it's useless for anybody who's seen the movie and untrustworthy for anybody going in. From your posts I can gather

>user thought editing was bad
>user thought writing was bad
>user didn't like most characters

Maybe I'll like them, I can't know for sure unless I see the thing. From White's piece I learn:

>movie isn't cynical
>movie embraces fantastical elements of source material
>movie is sympathetic towards the circumstances of its cast rather than just descending into trendy nihilism
>movie is stylish

Trying to review by taking individual pieces of a movie and rating them on a scale of 1 to 10 is worthless, even Roger Ebert understood that much.

Great movie. Lots of fun.

I think marvel is better than DC in every way and I still think this was thouroughly enjoyable, far better than the critics said, far better than BvS, and the best movie of the DCCU.

>mfw even Based(?) Brad liked it

Its tinfoil but i seriously think they want to bring down a big, non-Marvel, movie just to see if they can, just to say they matter in the industry.

>Tfw more people were concerned with Frank Ocean and the opening ceremony than they were Blunder Squad.

Its already forgotten let it die Dc cuck

>there are only 3 action scenes in the movie
Finally something that made sense in your post. And this is correct.

>LE RESHOOTS MADE THE MOVIE BE SO FULL OF ACTION AND QUIPS
There hardly was any quips at all.. there was way more serious drama scenes as the characters talked about their regrets of what they did (El Diablo being the most saddest).

Also the way the team bonded made me feel so emotional inside myself thinking about all the different people that exist who never get any second chance.

This movie was way more emotionally gripping than Cap Civil War (and I remember reading a critic review who said he cried seeing Civil War.. but I guess he'd hate this movie which is way more mature and adult orientated).

Seriously one critic gave Suicide Squad 2 stars because it was too sexual in parts (Joker offering a black guy to bang Harley, Enchantress kissing guys to control them, Batman knocking Harley out and giving her mouth to mouth) what is wrong with these scenes? It perfectly makes sense to see the Joker act so insane because that is his character

>"OH HARLEY... SHE IS THE FRUIT OF MY LOINS... THE ITCH IN MY LOINS".

I am happy that DC did not make this movie Marvel kid friendly.

Btw as for the editing, there was some intelligent match frames such as a scene of Killer Croc eating meat being dropped down to him as then it straight away cuts to Amanda's fork in a restuarant which has meat on it - representing too her kind of selfish side as you see later in the movie.

The film's soundtrack was a 10/10. Loved the scene when Harley jumps into the chemical pool and Joker dives in soon after.

Waller was the best part of the film, and that's because she was played almost 100% the same as her Justice League Cartoon counterpart.

El Diablo spends most of the movie not doing shit, then goes flame on, moans about killing his daughters and wife and no shit turns into a giant flaming voodoo monster to fist fight the other giant flaming magic monster at the end. Then blows up.

The whole film felt like a trailer for Justice League with the "and here are some bad guys that appeared in comics once".

Deadpool's been brought. Again and again and again.

>El Diablo spends most of the movie not doing shit, then goes flame on, moans about killing his daughters and wife and no shit turns into a giant flaming voodoo monster to fist fight the other giant flaming magic monster at the end. Then blows up.
You are really bad at enjoying movies aren't you?

>moans about killing his daughters and wife
How is that moaning? The guy killed them in his rage and he is telling the Squad about his crimes.

Holy fuck. Please, stop. You are painfully stupid.

You didn't even get the dialogue right for the scene you're quoting.

And yes, the movie was fucking quippy as fuck. Half the lines Deadshot and Harley say are quips.

You are literally shitposting and I hope you get banned.

Just got back from seeing this. It deserves all the hate its getting.

Performances were good. Leto was actually pretty good as the Joker, creepy as fuck. The entire cast was good I felt, except maybe a few cringy lines from Flagg.

Plot and editing were pure shit. Seriously what the fuck.

When it comes to the enchantress, her brother, and Diablo, I like how DC started to add in their demonic shit. The enchantress and her brother had fucking cool powers but they weren't a good match up for the pretty much normal villains of SS without being glass canons. Diablo also should have been able to eat that explosion.

I can't tell what's bait and what's real opinion anymore. Fuck you Sup Forums

No, I enjoy MOVIES just fine. This was a FLICK at best.

Ok so, we know from the movie itself that The Devil not only lies, but that the film has no coherency.

"I killed my wife and kids, ese, and I never use my devil powers again after that."

We see a fucking security camera shot of him flaming out a whole yard in a prison. This film was a joke, and you're a fucking retard if you think it was anything more than a quick set up for the DCEU.

True actually. I ran out of out of space so i ended it with the editing.

I thought diablo was a cool character and he had a lot of potential, but it was just not enough time to develop. Deadshot sort of fucked up by ruining his passifism with quips.

If diablo had had a personal realization that passivism was leading to the death of innocent soldiers then i think it would have been more meaningful than getting slapped like a bitch and then becoming angry.

And perhaps it would have more impact if the enemies weren't entirely faceless blobs. If they still had some marks of humanity like the referenced briefly.

Not to be insulting but i really disagree.
>Cynical
Doesn't matter, a movie can be great but cynical. It all depends on the film making quality i.e. its fundemental mechanics, then you can get into its philosophy, and how it goes about expressing it effectively or not.

>Embraces fantastical elements
I wouldn't necessarily put this as a positive. Its just a part of the movie. Its a superhero movie, it doesn't really make light of its ridiculousness, it plays it mostly straight in terms of the existence of the powers. Its not "meta" or desconstructive.

>Sympathetic to its cast
I guess? But again this is sort of subjective again. Why is a nihilistic movie bad? What's the point in judging art if ideology alone poisons it?

By that reasoning there are dozens of masterworks of existential writing that are worthless because they're too pessimistic or dark.

>Stylish
Not much at all. As I said in the editing, the actual shots are very very bland. I'm pretty sure almost everything was a medium shot except except for a few aerials of some effects and a few close ups here and there. There wasn't much to appreciate.

The "style" is artifically added by extremely overbearing and (imo) unsuitable music-video tier OST and tacky overlays.

>You are literally shitposting and I hope you get banned.
Did you even read my post? I was defending all the great scenes from this movie.

AND FUCK OFF with BvS was the best cape film it isnt! I am sick and tired of hearing that! Suicide Squad is far superior... and yet I am called a baneposter for defending it...

Just fuck off

Joker and Harley were cringy as fuck to be honest. I'm not completely writing off Leto, but they hyped him too much for his role in the movie as man candy for Harley.

>recover

Marvel and its fanbase is doing just fine user. Its hilarious this is your go-to movie to try and shit on Marvel. How fucking deluded are you?

I thought it was alright, but what was with the ending where they just showed footage of the Bataclan attack for 10 minutes straight?

There was much less modern snappy cringe humour in this than deadpool, but still too much for my liking

You are right about the way its shot though, its extremely stylish and entertaining to watch just as a visual spectacle alone

Hahaha fuck me sideways you actually are retarded. You have no reading comprehension. No one even called you a Baneposter, faggot. Stop baiting and shitposting, we have enough fuckwits in here as is.

Yeah I was disappointed that they cut so much of him out of it. They really put him front and center for a lot of the marketing and ultimately he just ends up being a small background subplot that last about 8 minutes.

That security camera is before he writes love in flames and promises to not hurt innocent people.

Do you even study psychology? Serial killers can feel guilt after 1 crime but that doesnt stop them from comitting other crimes as well. The rage and hatred inside of them makes them to keep going because they have crossed a line of no return - but El Diablo's arc is releasing all his demons and being at peace.

If you are a destroyer, you are not at peace. You have to keep committing evil and pain because it is the only thing that you know after your first major crime.

As Deadshot would say: "STUDY!"

Epic thread in the making.