What's your comfiest sci-fi show? I like Stargate Atlantis...

What's your comfiest sci-fi show? I like Stargate Atlantis. McKay talks too fast for my liking but the rest are very chill.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OKL_I4pJs84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Atlantis is great, and SG1
Universe is shit

atlantis is my favourite stargate

used to think mckay was a good actor, then saw him in dark matter and suits, turns out thats just him

SGA was only good for three seasons, s4 and 5 are dogshit

Will take note of that. I'm only in season 1.

Didn't know he was in Dark Matter. Wanted to start that.

Yep, everyone says that about SG1 Universe...

I don't watch mutch Sci-Fi. But Dark Matter was pretty gud. Much better than that hunk of shit called "the 100"

Farscape, SG1, SGA

The 100 had two great seasons followed by a mediocre one where the showrunner wanted to make teen Game of Thrones

Haven't seen Farscape in years.

Too much death. But I lust after Paige Turco after seeing her on Person of Interest.

Duck Dodgers

Huh. I'd forgotten about that!

>Dark Matter
Dark Matter and Killjoys are both new comfy sci fi. I've heard The Expanse is good as well, but haven't checked it out yet.

what do you guys think of Battlestar Galactica?

SG1 and The Expanse.

Farscape is by far the comfiest (and has the best writing, incidentally), but I still enjoy watching Stargate on cold winter nights.

Two seasons and a movie of being great, followed by two seasons that just keep on slipping deeper and deeper into garbage.

Firefly desu

> ctrl+f
> no babylon 5

when did this board become so blue pilled?

youtube.com/watch?v=OKL_I4pJs84

>having to recommend essentialcore
I just assume anyone asking for comfy scifi has already seen the basics.

And everyone is wrong.

Is SGU isnt a continuation of the "adventure of the week" formula of SG1 and SGA?
No.

But is it a bad show?
No.

It was a disappointment for hardcore SGA fans that were upset SGA was canceled. They blamed Universe for killing SGA and told everyone Universe was shit.
Its the same thing that happened with Caprica. People wanted more Battlestar Galactica, but got a character driven show about the creation of sentient Cylons.

If you go into Universe without any preconceived notions, its not that bad.

Is it a great show?
No.
It tried hard to be Battlestar Galactica within the Stargate universe. It wanted to be a character driven show. It wanted to strand people billions of light years from home, but didnt want to give up the possibility of guest stars. It wanted to have a giant, overarching storyline, but took too long to introduce it.

In all, it came out at the wrong time, during a time when the shift from episodic to serialized tv was starting to take hold.
Had it come out a few years later, after a full run of Atlantis, and after the shift in TV matured more, it wouldve been more well received.

RIP buddy. :(

When I was a kid I thought that guy was Bruce Willis's twin.

It couldn't decide if it wanted to be BSG or Stargate, and failed at being either. It was also exactly what SG1 warned us would go wrong with a younger cast.

season 4 is one of the best, arcs with todd and replicators are good, 5 is shit cos it got canceled

SeaQuest and pic related

Thats what I said.
Had it come out a few years later and did the serialized formula better, it wouldve been better.

But I dont buy the "im pregnant" meme. Introducing a baby in a situation like that is a typical trope done by a lot of shows.
In the end it was used as part of her character going crazy from stress.

>Introducing a baby in a situation like that is a typical trope done by a lot of shows.
And it's almost always shit. There is a reason worst girl is the only one who got pregnant. They were smart in making Claudia Black's pregnancy only last for a couple episodes.

Yep. It is shit in basically all cases.

Only one I kinda liked was on Voyager. Fucking Naomi was a bigger character than her mom.

Bringing up 200th episode "im pregnant" as a criticism of Universe is just a stupid meme that Universe haters like to spout.
Your pic is a good example of how stupid it is to use that against universe.

>hey this was a terrible idea in the previous installments of the franchise
>lets do it again!

Farscape is the GOAT but too offbeat and bizarre to really be called comfy. There are some comfy episodes though, like Look at the Princess or Kansas.

Anyway the comfiest sci-fi series is pic related, nothing else comes close.

Person of Interest gets pretty sci-fi, being about AI and shit, and it's maximum comfy for me. When I get bored and got free time I just put on an episode of PoI and take a trip to comfytown.

TNG is pretty 'fy

>This
Rush was fantastic though.

It was a clear case of "Lost"ism.
They had no idea where they were taking the story at all and were pretty much winging it.

SG-1 (non-Ori crap) and SGA.
>inb4 Teyla looks like Jennifer Lopez and Rodney a less autistic Tarantino

SGA had the best girls - except for Jewel Staite, she was much hotter in Firefly with a little extra weight on her.

>SGA ended
>we never got to see what happened with these guys

Lexx

Atlantis, SG1 were comfiest. I have to shill for >pic though because no one watched it. I never imagined the post-apocalypse could be so comfy.

First episode was GOAT. Then it just went downhill. Too much fedora cringe, no likeable characters, forced drama.