Sup Forums and Sup Forums btfo HARD
good always overcomes evil in the end

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not counting 100+ million marketing budget

thats in the budget retard look up what the word budget means

that's bait retard look up what the word bait means

i don't give a shit if he's baiting, some people on Sup Forums genuinely think this

whats the matter Sup Forums? you're pretty quiet all of a suddent

Suicide Squad has almost made more than that in 3 days and it's been out in the US only since yesterday.

thats capeshit that sells regardless, it could be a blank screen and it would sell billions

>guaranteed replies

Spicy bait.

Well ok then, let's move on.

So what was the marketing budget? Feige said it would be a failure if it didn't at least make $500mil

>good always overcomes evil in the end

then how come Hitler lost?

What about taxes? lol

this film was exempt from taxes because it featured a female only cast

A general rule is a film needs to triple its production budget to make a good profit. Fury Road cost 150 mill and made 450, so that's about what they should be aiming for.

Chris Hemsworth is a woman?

>163 million
>profit nowadays

lmao not even close. especially with that 144 million budget, plus the marketing and theater shares. the movie is a massive flop.

hell just a few months ago we were sperging over BvS is a flop in its own way. for a "summer blockbuster", Slutbusters is a massive and total failure.

what? then why aren't those costs included in the fucking BUDGET

budget
ˈbʌdʒJt/Submit
noun
an estimate of income and expenditure for a set period of time.

minor role

Ghostbusters flopped and they lost millions, dumb ass troll.

because it's impossible to know how much of the cut theaters make before hand you fucking idiot.

it's also impossible to calculate just how much advertising would be done.

the budget is production ONLY.

Marketing budget is not included in the production budget. When you see Ghostbusters had a $144 million budget, that's it production budget.

163 million IS the profit retard, if you count the total sales it's double that easily but this is purely what based Sony gets in pure profit

A movie budget only represents the costs for the film to get made.

Studios are under no obligation to disclose advertising budgets.

A 150 million dollar film has to make about 300 million to "break even". People don't make movies to break even, they do so to make a profit.

Your thread is shit.

so advertising is just unlimited and not monitored at all because who gives a shit you can't le calculate it!!

you don't know what profit means.

>if you count the total sales it's double

what the fuck lol
sit down fat bitch.

Hollywood execs know exactly how to play the brain dead liberal SJW crowd and get them all worked up.

wasn't it just a decade ago these SJWs and Feminists were fighting AGAINST corporate greed and hollywood CEOs?

Now liberals are being used by Hollywood to shill their shitty movies... and the liberals have no self awareness that they're being used.

I can go on all day, I can last longer than you. I was born here :)

there's television advertising, advertising before a movie, advertising on oranges, water bottles, school wear, clothing, everything. it is not possible to know that budget around the same time as production budget, seeing how movies get done way before it actually releases.

keep going :)

ghostbusters 1 maybe but this one made them 20 million profit and it's not even a month out yet

>20 million profit
>cinema getting their shares and advertising costs don't c-count

lmao

daily reminder to ignore these shitty baits

>look at me, i'm pretending to be retarded on the internet again

now include the ticket prices and advertising

so they haven't yet started to pay for marketing and have barely profited enough to make the movie worthwhile?
wow those huge profits sure did disprove every critic!

bro i'm from Sup Forums, you have lost already

just accept this movie has been critically loved and brought cash in that can go toward more epic Sony games like BloodBorne 2 and Drive Club and 3 more Ghostbuster all female sequels

>so advertising is just unlimited and not monitored at all because who gives a shit you can't le calculate it!!
No, it's just that advertising budget is not required to be disclosed by law, so studios deliberately leave it out. We only know about the production budget because the financial laws forced them to tell us. Yes, technically advertsing is a part of the budget, we just don't get to what it was. Studios like to hide how much as film costs to make it seem more successful from the outside.

Even if for some reason the advertising budget of the film was 100 million, it still more than doubled it.

Stop pretending to be retarded for attention of a Korean Knitting forum.

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

Ticket prices in the 80s were around $3.50, compared to $10+ nowdays.

>have barely profited enough to make the movie worthwhile
They haven't even profited. Even if you don't factor in advertising, the theaters take anywhere from a 30-60% cut of each ticket sold. Domestic tends to be on the lower end, but foreign takes over half. At best it's made a little under $115m for Sony, which is an almost $30m loss, before factoring in the ad budget. And considering the fact they had ads running during the NBA finals (who thought that was a good idea?) the ad budget won't be small.

>20 million
>"""""""""""""huge"""""""""""""

Bait confirmed.

>PRODUCTION budget

Terminator:Genisys
Production Budget: $155 million
Worldwide: $440,603,537 (basically flop, Bloomberg Business estimated that the film would have needed to earn at least $450 million during its theatrical run to break even, In January 2016, Paramount announced that the sequel was removed from their release schedule)

The Martian
Production Budget: $108 million
Worldwide: $630,161,890

Furious 7
Production Budget: $190 million
Worldwide: $1,516,045,911

Independence Day: Resurgence
Production Budget: $165 million
Worldwide: $343,667,914 ("Falling well-below expectations, it was considered "a box office disappointment"")

Central Intelligence
Production Budget: $50 million
Worldwide: $184,185,694

The Secret Life of Pets
Production Budget: $75 million
Worldwide: $290,940,909

The Jungle Book (2016)
Production Budget: $175 million
Worldwide: $938,142,897

Deadpool
Production Budget: $58 million
Worldwide: $782,370,866

OP is the kind of faggot that believes gross sales is literally a companies profit

>my plane ticket doesn't cover the drinks I want to buy on the beach wtf

Budget 144 million

Box office 163.6 million

You know they need make atleast the double of the budget for no be considered a huge mistake no?

Stay mad and salty

You left out the one that really hurt.

Tron: Legacy
Production Budget: $170 million
Worldwide: $400 million

Even with those numbers, it's either considered a flop or too weak to use as a tent pole for furthering the franchise. I really enjoyed the Tron reboot, I liked the aesthetic, the mood, and the music, and I was down for the story.

But what is the connection?

Ah fuck.
I loved that movie, it's not like they wrapped anything up, the left the computer world with Flynn and evil Flynn still in there.

Ghost busters II made 215 million in 1989 dollars.

It's totally unknown if it can beat that. Likely won't.

That's sad when you can't beat a 1989 film without including inflation.

>144 million budget
>163 million worldwide box office

kek. It made less money than fucking Fant4stic.

wow.
look at all that profit.
look at how many bras we can afford to burn now.
I've just gotta give a YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN to all the women that deserve it.

YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN MELISSA
YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN KRISTEN
YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN KATE
YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN HARAMBE
YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN KATIE
YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN PAULIE
YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN HAROLD
And of course the woman who started this all
YAAAAAAAS QUEEEEN AMY PASCALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXO

Take that men

Women are bad with money...who would have guessed?

Around 30% of all the revenue from a mainstream release goes into the costs of distribution.
Then around 25-35% goes to other costs depending on how it is distributed.
What is left then has to pay for the costs, film budget, advertising,media contracts,everything they paid out for the people that made the film.
What is left after that is the profit. Then the profits get taxed.

Even if they spent 0 on advertising then the film is still a dismal failure.

Sony have consistently fucked up and the entire company is now propped up by fucking playstations.

But it's $230mil CLEAN PROFIT
why they didn't want tons of money?

>no one has pointed out the studio only gets 50% of the BO, being the main reason for the double the budget rule
I don't even give a shit about op's shitty bait but man you guys know nothing

marketing cost

>studio only gets 50% of the BO

That's a myth and not actually true. In the first week a movie launches the studio usually gets 80-85% of the gross. That usually drops down say 25% each week a film is in cinemas.

Why do you think when the Olympics or world cup was on a few years ago a bunch of theater chains got so mad about Disney's original plans to keep Alice in Wonderland running for only like a month.

Got fucking dammit. I can't believe in the end, that fucking trash won. Now Hollywood is even more motivated to make garbage reboots of old beloved franchises.

Which evens out to around 50/50 in the end as proven by many studies and statistics, and more accurately maybe like three percent to the advantage of the studio, resulting in like 53/47 if you want to be specific.

I'm getting tired of these bait threads. If it doesn't make between $400-$500 then it will be considered a mistake by Sony, no matter what they are that faggot director says. Money talks. There won't be a sequel. This won't be the launching point of a new franchise like they planned. This will be forgotten along with all of those other 80s reboots that came out in the last few years.

How long will Feig's sentence in movie jail be?

This. The faster you make the money, the more the studio gets. That's why no one gives a fuck about embarrasing drops like BvS or any superhero movie really, they make the money out of the initial boost

All I want to know is did it do badly enough that I won't have to hear about some shitty sequel? I don't care if it made money. Studios have ridiculously high standards for profit.

With adverting costs, this could be an 100MM write off for SONY.

An eight to nine figure loss is no joke.

Somebody high up in marketing is getting fired for this mess.

>people still take this bait
>we were only pretending

>An eight to nine figure loss is no joke.
>Somebody high up in marketing is getting fired for this mess.

Even worse, hey have to watch Suicide Squad, a movie (male) ghost busters SHOULD have topped, be on it's way to $140MM opening weekend....

I thought they stopped doing that because cinemas were going out of business because of it?

JUST!!!

The fuck is a movie jail?

>86.9% DROP
>didn't even register in the top 10

AAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

>wasn't it just a decade ago these SJWs and Feminists were fighting AGAINST corporate greed and hollywood CEOs?

i think Occupy Wall St. broke them. Leftards reached their peak in those stupid ass protests and then became full fucking retarded when they took the race bait. I think America is the only country on earth where the protesters and teens are totally in love with their goverment instead of actively fighting it.

He's going to be popular there

Getting shitty scripts with no budget?

Life

It was the brain child of Amy Pascal, and she's been fired already. She'll be the fall guy.

The truth was that there was no market for the film. Or at least not much of one.

Women do not care about Ghost Busters.
Children do not care about ghost Busters.
Original fans do not care about Chick flicks.

It's right in the middle where it appeals to no one.

I hope he gets either life or a death sentence.

>But it's $230mil CLEAN PROFIT
No you retarded mongoloid. Read the fucking thread, I shouldn't even have to explain this, but heres your (you) explaining why you're completely fucking wrong.

it isn't clean profit. It's gross profit. Gross profit doesn't exclude the costs that went into making the film.

Clean profit is incredibly hard to fucking calculate because cinema chains work on a contract basis with distributors, the amount the cinema keeps changes weekly, and with different films. The production budget doesn't include the marketing budget which can be anywhere from a third of the budget to twice it.

Your movie deserves a medal if it manages to drop on a Friday

sony is FINISHED !

>It's real.

Tell that to Green Lantern

It's a lot like regular jail except it's a place where the jews that run Hollywood get the pick of your boypussy/girlpussy. Remember [actor/actress that was once huge but now doesn't seem to do anything]? They're in movie jail right now, collecting favours in the hope of getting out one day.

Bravo Sony bravo

Why aren't theaters pulling it? It's airing to mostly empty theaters. For 135,000 at 2,545 it is airing to MOSTLY empty theaters. Not even 1-2 for most of them.

>Sup Forums is finding it harder to get over Ghostbusters than Tumblr, Twitter and Reddit

They are dumb ass.

It isn't airing at mostly empty theatres. It's probably just doing one a showing a day. Possibly not on weekends. Give it next week and everyone will have pulled it.

This number is wrong

It made 1.3 million

The bigger question is how the fuck did they spend 150 mil on ghostbusters with no name actors except Hemsworth. This shit reminds me of adam sandler's scams

2500 theaters.

Regardless of how you slice that, that's empty theaters. You have to actively repell people to get numbers that low.

only because trolls keep bringing it up

That's production budget.

There is also advertising budget.

Movies have to make back double what they cost, as theaters take roughly half the cut. Also, the budget does not include marketing, which for a movie like this is usually around $100 million. Which means another $200 million is necessary to get to the break even point. So Ghostbusters needs around $500 million to break even. That is the least amount it needs.

I know this is bait. I know this. How could I not know it? So know that my replying is not my succumbing to the bait, but instead is based on the fact that I love showcasing this movie's failure any time I can.

MOVIE JAIL
O
V
I
E

J
A
I
L

>Let's fake argue with each other when we are all just baiting

great board

Who's going to be the bigger spoon?

54 estimated dollars Gross per showing. which is roughly 6 people. Now add in the cost of snacks and popcorn for each person, which could break down to at least be the same price as the tickets. Possibly more.
At this point in the release schedule, cinema's are likely to take more profit in from the tickets.

You're basically looking at 100$ profit minimum in the hands of most cinema's.

That's why it's not completely pulled yet. Compare this to suicide squad, which could be keeping anywhere from 80%-100% of the ticket price gross.