Weird, innit?

Weird, innit?

Other urls found in this thread:

aomschool.thedeantrust.co.uk/
youtube.com/watch?v=pna2yNrvNmU
youtube.com/watch?v=eMI6bgpfnpo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Really makes you think?

Would you want to go to a local pub with Karl and just talk about?

i want to fondle karl

i think his naivity about stuff is super cute

Put a bin lid on it, blew it up, never saw that bin lid again

no because I know he'd just want to go home the whole night

What was the moment that shattered Karl for you and made you realise it was all too good to be true?

For me it was realising that Karl told the anecdote about mistaking somebody at a party for Ken Dodd twice. Except the first time it happened to his father and the second time it happened to Karl.

do not bully

It's obvious from the first episode of that jervais show that he is a dead pan comedian. And that's fine. Only mongoloids believe he is genuinely stupid.

remember that forrest gump that his dad stuffed into a wheelie bin? i wonder where he is today

Same here, you just wouldn't make that kind of error if the story was true. I believe Steve has had similar slip ups with his obviously bullshit stories. Also the fact that we've never seen a picture of Suzanne despite all the pictures of Karl with other people, even though people would specifically look out for her out of curiosity because she's managed to stay hidden for so long.

Are you seriously so thick that you needed evidence of that sort? He was on a Ricky Gervais show and on a regular contract. Did you honestly believe he is genuinely stupid? That's not only hard to pull off, it's also illegal in most countries to exploit for television.

The guy is a deadpan comedian and a good one at that, nothing more, nothing else.

>it's also illegal in most countries to exploit for television.
lol

It is. And even when it isn't, we're talking about Ricky Gervais. There is no fucking chance in hell he would jeopardize this career that was skyrocketing at that same period in order to taint it with the reputation that he exploited a mentally challenged person.

i went to the same highschool as him, even seen that bucket pram lady walking about too

>a good one

But he's not. He's *shit*.

Stupid=/=retarded.

>highschool
No you didn't.

I'd want to talk to him about freaks

It doesn't matter how people like that feel.

ashton on mersey highschool yes i did
aomschool.thedeantrust.co.uk/

Of course it was obvious mate, the Karl character is just too inconsistent and witty to be real. I'm just mentioning a few specific cases that confirm that it is indeed fake. I've said as much for years in these threads, when everyone else was saying, "what, you've never had word-for-word repeat conversations with your mates?"

You are a shitty judge of character. For all his faults Ricky Gervais would never risk his career's ultimate height at that point in order to exploit a stupid person as you put it. It is obvious he would only employ a real deadpan comedian for the job and that's what happened.

Don't believe this for a second, listen to how fucking mad Rick gets when Karl says anything remotely conservative on his Guide to pods. He's legit no actor could make someone rage that hard

Listen to when he says the govt shouldn't force people to wear helmets / seatbelts. Ricky flips like a little faggot

>the Karl character is...witty

It's statements like this that convince me British "comedy" and certainly British comedy audiences aren't all they're cracked up to be.

>It is.
Could you point to the law that bans exploiting stupid people?
>to taint it with the reputation that he exploited a mentally challenged person.
Karl isn't mentally ill.
And Ricky did make a sitcom mocking mentally ill people (derek) and one mocking dwarfs (life's too short) - he would never admit this but it's obvious. In his standup he made lots of jokes about the mentally ill. He also likes bulling people like Robin Ince and his editor Nigel.

Karl is a dim eccentric manc who has a sense of humor and sometimes exaggerates his personality and embellishes stories to entertain people, like many people do. He's not a character. He has no credits 'out of character'.

If you don't think so then you obviously never listened to the radio shows

>I've said as much for years in these threads
>years

>its a "Karl's just a character" conspiracy theory episode

>He's not a character.

You are a moron.

In your position I'd probably be trying to make myself feel better too.

>he's just like me!

Literally everything he says and does is too perfectly odd and humorous to be true. I'm convinced that he's just following a script Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant has written down. I'm not even sure Karl Pilkington is his real name.

Not sure what that pic is supposed to mean, but it's true. Every time I brought up that the podcasts were scripted flaming would ensue. It's only lately that anyone would admit that Ricky and Steve's reactions on the podcasts to already heard stories are fake, and that "Karl" knows more than he lets on

So you haven't? I thought as much

kill niggers

XFM shows are, genuinely, the best comedy ever produced. Nothing even comes close.

>tfw nobody I recommend the shows to will listen because they either hate Ricky Gervais or get sick of his laugh and give up

I Karl is a comedian playing a role then why hadn't we heard about him before, and why doesn't he capitalize off his success instead of retiring? I'm pretty sure he's just some guy Ricky found.

I don't think it's a script. He's just a good comedian of the deadpan variety. This is why it worked well with the Gervais show(s) because they didn't have to have everything planned, they also could improvise.

The most successful thing about it is that Gervais promoted him before he was famous so the mongoloids got to believe he is genuinely mentally retarded.

He's become a character and he's been encouraged to embellish that, potentially even had things scripted for him, but a not insignificant portion of that "character" is the real guy.

>That's not only hard to pull off, it's also illegal in most countries to exploit for television.
Then explain Big Brother, or Country's Got Talent, or things like Honey Boo Boo and those shows about Gypsies

Stop talking shit

You're just basing this on the fact that for some reason you think that moronic people aren't able to make jokes.

It does annoy me when Ricky actually brings this up and says 'What, did we send him to live in Manchester for twenty years and get him to shave his head for two hours on a saturday?' As if its totally infeasible for them to have just found a bald orange headed manc and told him to act the way they want him to.

Because, you moron, you don't have to be famous automatically just because you have a talent. The guy was probably discovered by Gervais into the comedy scene. You don't know how many comedians are just unknown especially off the US?

he was in entertainment and radio his whole life before XFM

ITT: People who have never met working class (as if there are any other kind) northerners

They sign contracts there. Also you fail to realize the factor Gervais. Even if it's legal he could never jeopardize his career by genuinely exploiting a mental retard, even if it was contractually sound.

KARL POWER RANKING
>XFM Series 2
>XFM Series 1
>Other XFM Series
>Podcasts

>Big Brother, or Country's Got Talent, or things like Honey Boo Boo and those shows about Gypsies

Bit highfalutin', don't you think? This is Karl Pilkington we're talking about.

You fucking idiot, lying to you is the most basic tool of comedians. Next thing you'll tell us that Louis CK stories are all true right?

So they found a great character actor who never had work before he was 30, then he committed to that character for 15 years, and not a single person who's interacted with him has called him out.

He pretends to be stupider than he is sometimes to wind ricky up, and they did go over old material for podcasts, but that doesn't make him a 'character' any more than ricky is you idiot.

>Tell me what you think it means Karl

It just means like, if you live in an expensive 'ouse, don't be throwin stuff about

The second someone becomes famous everyone jumps up to say, "Hey that guy used to do sets here!" and "I went to school with that guy everyone said he'd be a comedian!"

Nobody has said anything of the sort regarding Karl, despite there being all this debate about whether he's genuine or not, which is just more fuel for such people to step forward.

So your theory is they made Karl sit there silently working as a regular producer for an entire season just to give his character a background? He said like 5 words during all of the first series. Obviously the stories they tell aren't 100 % true and yes they rehash them constantly but that's how people are. I've known plenty of people who tell the exact same story whenever they meet new people at a party or something.

How thick are you? Of course it's possible to be 30 and not discovered. Do you know how mathematically impossible it is to make it into the show business. And he wasn't in America where it relatively easier.

Karl isn't a mental retard, even if he's playing a character the character isn't a mental retard. He's just simple and northern.

>ok I admit it's fake in this way and this way but I'm sure the rest of it is totally real!

Sorry what are you talking about? That bit of the show im talking about wasn't a joke, they were answering concern that Karl was an actor and that was Rickys way of explaining everything away even though it makes no sense.

I find them funny!
I like to listen to them on long journeys and try to not laugh in public too much.
Thanks.

>He said like 5 words during all of the first series
you're talking shit

The reality is like this. The guy had aspirations to be a comedian or actor of some sort. He never made it until Gervais noticed him. For some reason he wanted that niche that Karl had. You can't seriously say that what Karl has would be easily discovered by others. He would be shit for most movies and tv shows and he would be shit for stand up. He's mainly good for that niche Gervais wanted.

>and told him to act the way they want him to.
If that was the case do you really think they'd waste all that material on a literally who radio show that only a few thousands of people would listen to?

That's far more reasonable than believing your nutjob conspiracy that it's all completely fake.

>genuinely exploiting a mental retard
But even if Karl is completely as he presents himself, he's not mentally retarded. Even before Gervais he got work for a reasonably popular radio station, his own place to live in London, and a long-term girlfriend. Being really stupid isn't the same as actually being mentally retarded, you retard.

People tend to take this too far when talking about if Karl is real or fake, its not a matter of Karl is either a straight up actor employed by Gervais or if Karl is 100% real. Its very clear that in Series 1 and Series 2 Karl is mostly himself. Its only as time goes on and Karl becomes aware that he's dependent on Ricky that he begins to become self-aware.

>Of course it's possible to be 30 and not discovered

Not 1 person has come forward saying they went to drama school with him, or saw him in a play, or doing a standup set or anything. Not 1 person close to him has exposed him. He was in 'deep cover' as a radio sound editor for 10 years, just waiting for Ricky to give him the thumbs up I guess.

>He wanted to be a comedian or actor

Have you EVER listened to XFM? Karl is just not that kind of person.

>Not 1 person close to him has exposed him

This is because he isn't a real person. He doesn't have a past. The man playing Karl Pilkington was probably from another country, or had facial reconstruction surgery to alter his appearence.

You are a fucking idiot. Karl knows exactly what he is doing from the start. He is a full blown deadpan comedian. Google that, yes, it is a thing.

The ONLY change is that deadpan is VERY hard to pull off for prolonged periods of time.

People see through the act. That's what you saw. It's not Karl becoming "self aware".

Don't you get it? He's lying. He's playing a character. It's all an illusion. Nothing us real, user.

People forget that he grew up with some British athlete as well. Who confirmed he knew him as a kid.

You want to believe in him really badly, huh?

It's simpler than that. When you are a neet for 20 years, nobody fucking remembers anything about your face because it's not different. Balded, mature, old.

Only the stupid kids in this site think it's "impossible to be Karl".

No. It's called series 0 on youtube because Karl's not active in it.

The irony is real. You want to believe people that are that stupid can make it on tv. I'm telling you this is a very talented deadpan comedian and that's the most normie thing I could tell you about this.

This is the most reasonable explanation. Especially considering that he chose to go into the field of radio, did a few shows on local stations, managed to rise far at XFM despite having no education because he's really quite a smart and aspirant man. It makes more sense than his character anyway

Except Karl is very clearly not in any kind of act for XFM Series 1 and Series 2, you are the one looking too deeply into it. Karl simply realises that people find him funny and begins to ham it up. Its only when the Podcasts begin to be produced (for the sole purpose of making lots of money) That he is completely acting.

Don't you find it funny that the more and more money and viewership involved with Karl and Rickys work, the more fake and staged it seems?

Its funny how you are calling people stupid for suggesting that Karl is just a simple manc who got lucky and eventually was forced into performance yet you think you're the smart one for thinking he's an ultra talented actor and performed 2 hours of extremely subtle scripted comedy every saturday for years.

I was just parodying the autist. I agree with you.

He's fairly typical of radio producers really, it's not that hard of a job.

>people that are that stupid can make it on tv
youtube.com/watch?v=pna2yNrvNmU

This is a celebrity edition, as in this guy is a celebrity. I don't understand why you keep saying stupid people can't be on television. The majority of reality television is there so we can laugh at stupid people.

Except this is explained quite sensibly, Karl was a DJ as a kid. Why would an aspiring comedian/actor work on a noname radio station as a producer?

Even if Karl IS an aspiring comedian from the beginning, his style of comedy relies completely on the audience not being aware its an act.

Basically what you are trying to do is explain a theory that makes absolutely no sense and claiming its the only possible way Karl could exist when there are tons of much more sensible explanations.

>It's a karl is savage episode

The reason why, the reason why
The reason why I had to die
Did I bleed the blood of greed?
What was my destiny?

He was a top producer before hand, he even owned two fucking houses and in the UK that's a lot since our house prices are insane.

It's really not a difficult job but it's one few want to actually do.

Invalid

>make a funny character that seems so genuine and real
>sell it to a literally who radio station and star him in the dead hours of air time that nobody fucking listens to
>after a decade of doing this move on to a literally what format stating that it's the cheapest option furthering maintaining the "real" illusion
>when all the material is dried move on to selling him to a literally who tv station in hopes of getting a show
>get it really fucking popular and then just stop doing it at it's peak just because

Fucking genius.

>xfm, channel 4, HBO, sky
>literally who

>just stop doing it at it's peak
>literally a 5 year TV career, 7 books, 5 seasons of two travel shows and your own animated show

>>get it really fucking popular and then just stop doing it at it's peak just because
I'm not sure why you're implying this is a bad thing. Karl can only go down from here and Ricky's exploitation of his genuine personality or best method acting ever is already getting a bit tiresome.

The problem with Ricky is that everything he touches becomes a bit too old, a bit too fast.

>ITT people who have never listened to XFM and assume Karl is exactly like he is on the Idiot abroad, a heavily edited TV show

:)

>someone acts differently when on an obscure radio show with no listeners to when they're 10 years older and presenting a tv show
>karl is actually an android sent by the reptillians to trick us :^)

Xfm had listeners in the thousands. It was a tinpot station in one area of London. If he really was a character, Ricky and Steve wouldn't have waited 5 years before making money off him with the podcasts. Obviously stories were gonna be repeated, they'd told all their good ones over the course of 100+ episodes of Xfm, and now they had a world wide audience listening who had never even heard of Xfm or Karl pilkington beforehand.

youtube.com/watch?v=eMI6bgpfnpo

You can't listen to this and tell me Karl is genuine.

The point is if it really is just an act like you two retards are saying he is then they would've cashed that shit in something big from the get go.

He's hamming it up and also annoying Ricky.

He's not dumb, but he is genuinely odd and I'm sure that's what tipped rocky off to him at first and then they ran with it.

What's Karl's next move? I'd be surprised if there was much more Moaning of Life, and the podcast is dead. Will we start to only see him when Ricky begs him to cameo in his shit?

He said recently he's done with it all now.

Of course I doubt it and he'll be back in some capacity, you can't just lumber abut with millions of pounds, eventually you want to do SOMETHING. I'd like him to be a semi-regular on a panel show or something, like QI.

funny that

He does ham it up for laughs but I do think the Karl you see on Idiot Abroad is him most of the time.

There was an interview where they asked about how much Ricky picks on Karl and they laugh it off and Ricky said the laughs have made Karl a million pounds, and karl shyly smiles to the camera.