strawpoll.me/10912435
youtube.com/watch?v=SuSshdGE1Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=bjzUTZNd-PM
youtube.com/watch?v=84lw4ouziF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tru

I don't think so

damn right

>fair skinned nations (earth, fire) have relatively advanced, thriving societies
>dark skinned nations (water) live in primitive shitholes
was atla redpilled?

>fire/water, sun/moon, red/blue
>it would go with the fortuneteller prediction that katara would marry a powerful bender and that there's no love life in aangs future
>aang is shorter, younger and less mature
weird as fuck
>there was more romantic chemistry between zuko and katara
the moment in the catacombs, their fight in the north pole, the southern raiders and the finale showdown
>the parallel loss of both their mothers
>katara had a big sister/little brother or even mother/son dynamic with aang
their "romance" felt like borderline incest (not the wincest kind, the creepy kind)
>aang is a child, katara is a teenager
disturbing
>the whole deal with aang having to let go of katara to master the avatar state.
aang finally chosing to let go of his earthly attachments in favor of the spiritual path for the sake of the greater good would have been awesome character development. it would represent him maturing and accepting his duty to the world above his personal feelings

I could go on

youtube.com/watch?v=QrIQBAc-mj0

I never understood the symbolism of top middle.

>retarded shipping on Sup Forums

It's not meant to symbolize anything, Anno just has a great eye for visuals.

>young kids who the show was targeted at will self insert as aang
>young kids who the show was targeted at will probably develop a crush on katara
it would not have been a good idea at all to ship her with zuko

>>aang is a child, katara is a teenager
aang is 12 and katara is 14, and while they did have a more older sister esque relationship at the beginning of the show when aang was still more like a little kid, by the end he does mature and their relationship becomes more equal

>we will never get this instead of the abortion that was legend of korra

feels bad man

Seriously, Eva may be one of the most visually interesting shows I've ever seen. I guess that's what happens when you get a mega otaku who did key frames for Miyazaki to direct a show.

Definitely a strong contender.

>their fight in the north pole
Zuko sure had some balls trying to attack a waterbender at night, surrounded by ice.

> abortion
Aw come on, that bad ? I did like the original series more, but they had some great ideas in Korra

fucking zutarians

gif related is the real otp

Avatar isn't close to being one of the best animated series. It's good, but cut that shit out. Maybe one of the best when considering just the technical quality of animation.

Season 3 was the only one that was legitimately "good".

S1 was mediocre
S2 was painful to watch (though it did introduce Varrick and Avatar Wan, at least)
S4 was good until it shat the bed halfway through by turning Kuvira from a benevolent dictator to a full-blown evil psycho power tripping megaweapon warmonger. It's like the writers realized that they weren't quite sure how to refute the principles of fascism against monarchy they introduced so they just turned her into a Disney villain.

One of Toph's kids could be his desu, there was more than one father and they never specified who.

>Avatar Wan
Im deeply triggered when people say they liked this retarded avatar origin story

Damn, I fucking loved the idea of unwelcome benders in season 1. And the whole dystopian feel of the Equalists. Also it's the first time we see the evolution of technology in the avatar world.
I do agree on the rest

I snorted

Fuck, I just remembered how god tier the theater episode is.

Season 3 introduces the fucktarded new airbender plotline though. Absolutely pathetic deus ex machina shit, way worse than energybending from the original. The villain was cool, but honestly only season 1 was really watchable for me. Should have just kept the show in line with the urban steampunk feel, when they tried to emulate the original series and have Team Avatar traveling all over the world it just felt forced.

that's not Clone High

I remember watching Season 2 episode after episode hoping it would get better but it never did. I just couldn't believe the people who wrote one of my favorite shows when I was younger could let me down like that.

It was kind of a shame too because I'm sure it brought down season 3's numbers and season 3 was actually pretty good. It had well fleshed out characters and an exciting plot. Too bad they fucked up for season 4 as well.

Not even the best anime, yo. And my pic isn't the best anime either, but it's better.

The Ember Island Players is one of the best recap episodes in anything ever. The writers retold the whole plot for people to catch up before the finale while making fun of themselves and their mistakes as writers.

>atla
>anime
nice b8

>the idea of unwelcome benders in season 1

Yeah, but it completely shit the bed after Korra got kidnapped. Korra was so popular during the airing of Book One, why did Nick seemingly sabotage it?

I love Atla but that's just not truth.

Pic related

i agree, the whole avatar concept was so mystic and i didint like their take on it.

the only thing i liked was that las bit of Wan dying on a warfield trying to unite the world.

I was very disapointed with the finale. The lion turtle spirit bending and the lame ass way katara took down azula was really off putting.

Zaheer was the GOAT but he should have kept his beard and hair.

>lame ass way katara took down azula was really off putting
that shit was awesome what are you talking about

>the honor and hope jokes
>Toph as a massive man
>the joke about Jet's death
I might rewatch it later.

>38 posts
>No one mentions Legend of the Galactic Heroes

youtube.com/watch?v=E_YxauHnpyg

nope, it was a silly gimmick.

azula was defeated because, uhm... katara happened to find some chains... and conveniently there was a ton of water below the ground on the firelord palace

lame

ATLA was GOAT from start to finish

Spongebob was only good in early seasons

No.

>Korra will always be canon
>it will always be canon that Sokka died like a bitch and Aang was a bad dad

Korra is to Atla what the prequels are to Star Wars

all we can do is try to ignore that they exist

That's like saying Star Wars isnt good because of the prequels.

Incorrect.

Without even naming Samurai Jack (but I will anyway), I can think of several that are better.

>best animated children's series of all time

FTFY

Only South was primitive, North was pretty advanced and far, far more populated.

what even was the point of sokka learning to be a swordsman? the boomerang was cooler anyway

But Korra did give us a pretty damn good season 3.

fire nation was japan
earth kingdom was mainland asian, specially china
air nomads were tibetan monks and water tribes were inuit eskimos

>Sokka died like a bitch
I thought he just died of old age in his 70s

Because Space Sword

This isn't Batman: The Animated Series

strawpoll.me/10912435

That would be King of the Hill

>My first girlfriend turned into the moon
>That's rough, buddy

kino

Fuck off to tumblr shippers

ZUKEKS BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=SuSshdGE1Lo

what did they mean by this?

It's just a stylised version of the Black Moon mask that Lilith has over its face

this is literally the only good thing that came out of LoK

youtube.com/watch?v=bjzUTZNd-PM

Monogatari is the closest to pure kino any anime will ever be

Korra firebender dude was so fucking bland. I mean he was so bland he made Asami interesting.
Did he even do anything other than being 'muh hot fireguy'.
Hell I can't even remember his name, Matto or something wasn't it?

is you talk about the whole Saga thats exactly the case. 3 bad and 3 good movies make a mediocre franchise

oh shit

I never really think there is actually any symbolism in the show.

this

Samurai Jack is the only cartoon kino

>no "Neither" option

Everybody says this but I found season 3 to be just as boring as the rest of the series. Maybe coming off of season 2 it's amazing but I found it pretty tepid and the villain felt like edge lord material.

But I'm also a person that prefers season 1 atla over season 3 atla.

Just a reminder how annoying Korra was with all her emotional bullshit.
That was always the minor problem with Avatar but it was hinged by it.
Korra was built on this tumblr feeding bs.

>that episode of Korra season 2 in which she attacks the judge from her father's trial
>two seconds in, he spills the beans on shit he shouldn't even know
>"yeah, your uncle framed your dad just like he did all those years ago at the North Pole"

In retrospect, I should've just dropped the show.

I AM THE PHOENIX KING

>it's a Katara episode

>I'm also a person that prefers season 1 atla over season 3 atla.
Agreed, the series peaked on season 2, but aside from a few episodes (fortuneteller, great divide) season 1 is close to that level. I enjoyed some moments from season 3 like the beach, the avatar and the firelord and the ember island players but I was overall disapointed with the way they handled things, specially the 4 part ending and the early season filler.

The ending is good but it felt rushed and not natural to the story.
Doesn't help that there's comic book follow ups now.

Man, I was thinking a live action film could work (again). Just make Korra first then go to Avatar. That was until I finally saw korra.

>muh 3deep5u

Where is one punch man?

see people don't care about "2deep" it's just visually stunning

OPM is pure Reddit-tainment

nah, the finale may have been a little rushed but on the whole S3 is great

Nothing but trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=84lw4ouziF4

It's this.

>not courage the cowardly dog

For western animation specifically? Yes, it's one of the greatest.

Overall? Fuck no.

Speaking of which, anyone looking forward to the Samurai Jack reboot? I expect it to revolutionize western TV animation, if it ends up being very successful.

Any avatarspirit.net alums on here? That site got me started on the Internet which eventually led me here. So maybe this show ruined my life

>Bad with a little good Tier
cave of two lovers
waterbending scroll

>Bad Tier
great divide
headband

>Shit Tier
fortuneteller
painted lady

>Absolute Garbage Tier
nightmares and daydreams

Monogatari is fucking garbage with shit animation, messy camera work and shot composition.

there are only 3 bad episodes
great divide
painted lady
and bato from the water tribe

bojack horseman is the correct answer

>Best Western animated series of all time
FTFY

>Western animated
>Avatar

It was mostly animated in Korea with some scenes made in Japan.

There's only 3-4 anime series that are even comparable to the top western animated series, and western animation shits all over the other 99.99%

Monogatari series does, I agree, but Bakemonogatari knew what it was doing.

>closest to pure kino any anime will ever be

why does no one ever remember paranoia agent

>absolute kino
>the only proper execution of the horror genre in an anime series
>didn't look like shit because based kon